Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 97 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 104 reviews
on April 18, 2013
This wonderful spice blend is great for cooking Moroccan food. I've been using The Food of Morocco by Paula Wolfert and it called for this spice. You can rub it on meats, use it to flavor wonderful-long simmering lamb or beef tagines or put it on couscous.

Wolfert says Ras El Hanout can be made from anywhere between 19 and 26 or even more spices. Some are not safe to ingest on their own, so you need to either buy a pre-made blend or use a simpler recipe with safer spices; she offers too options. But I wanted the original, so I bought this!

This version tastes very similar to the authentic version I purchased in Casablanca in the medina, but the description says it lacks Spanish Fly beetle powder, which is a supposed aphrodisiac and illegal in the U.S. Bummer. But buying it in Morocco may not get you the beetle either: Some Web reports say it has also been illegal in Morocco since the 1990s. In any case, Zamouri Spices' version tastes like the version I ate in Morocco and is absolutely delicious.
on July 27, 2012
Didn't know what to do with this spice initially since I've never used it before, but I LOVE Moroccan food. It seemed quite fresh upon smelling it. I used it as a dry rub on chicken as well as a marinade in yogurt, garlic, lime and olive oil. I used it i n the crock pot too. Worked perfectly with all those techniques. I am quite impressed with the seller as well as with the spice itself. It proves such deep and rich North African flavors. I am very happy with my purchase and highly recommend it to adventurous, gourmet cooks who enjoy Middle Eastern food!
on January 5, 2016
I am looking for a replacement for the Mediterranean Gourmet version, and this isn't it. I guess it is ok on its own, but I would rather have something with less cinnamon. The bottle I have is almost overwhelming, both in aroma and taste, with cinnamon. It is just a touch spicy (probably from so much cinnamon), but I wouldn't really call this "spicy" at all. I think I have a pretty low tolerance for heat, too. We have tried this on pancakes with a bit of butter and maple syrup and scrambled eggs. I also use this and a few other spices as a rub for chicken and pork. I love to put Ras El Hanout on roasted potatoes with some lemon juice and zest, but the flavors in this do not mix well with the lemon.

I also have this brand's Kefta and Baharat. While each smells differently, they all look the same and taste nearly identical, especially once on the meat and cooked. I can only tell the difference with this because of the cinnamon. I have noticed other reviews stating that other spices have been overwhelming, too. It leads me to think that there is no consistency with this, and one bottle might taste completely different from another. While I'm aware that Ras el Hanout technically just means that this is best spices of the day and spice shops might change their recipes, I would think that a mass producer would have some sort of "recipe" for consistency's sake. I hate it when I just get a recipe down pat and then something doesn't taste quite right because the spice has changed.

While I'm not disappointed in buying this, but I probably won't buy it again. At least this arrived very fresh and with a properly sealed lid, which I can't say about another brand I tried.
on March 24, 2016
While I did not much care for Zamouri Seven Spice blend ordered recently (I found it tasting too strong of cinnamon), this Ras El Hanout is fabulous. I used it to rub boneless leg of lamb, and it was out of this world (oven-broiled for a few min on each side, then baked under foil cover at 350 F). The blend is highly aromatic without any one spice overwhelming the others. It is exotic without being too strong, or boring.
Excellent seller, shipping was fast, and the jar arrived safely. I am very happy with the brand, in general. Ordered Zamouri's mint flakes and Kefta spice, as well.
on March 11, 2017
My husband and I love curry/masala spice blends, so I knew we had to try this out. I made some baked russet potato wedges with this spice blend tonight and the house smelled wonderfully fragrant and the wedges were delicious! 5⭐️s 😋
on October 4, 2016
This is seriously good spice. It's great on lamb, hamburgers, kabobs, in soup, pretty much anything that you want to taste like Moroccan food. It has such great flavor, I honestly can't stop putting it on food. I've tried to make my own Moroccan spice blend for lamb and gyros, but I can never get that "restaurant quality". This is as close as you can come without having to get on a plane to Marrakesh.
on June 7, 2017
FABULOUS, FABULOUS SPICE! Incredible on salmon, any kind of fish, rib eye steaks, tri-tip. You can't go wrong. YUMMMMMMMM
on April 6, 2017
This wonderful spice perks up any dish! I add it to my vegetable soup and wow the taste difference is amazing. I try it in most food. Try it.
on April 23, 2017
Just used this for a Passover chicken dish. This was a repeat dish from a few years ago. I didn't have this spice so I had to pick and choose from spices I had to "make this". The most recent chicken dish had a great scent and made the dish taste more authentic! I like this company!
on December 9, 2013
I ordered this product along with Zamouri Spices Harissa powder. After being sorely disappointed by the Zamouri harissa powder, I approached the Ras el hanout with lowered expectations. When I opened the bottle, I noted that the mix isn't very fragrant, and this led me to wonder if it was old and if it therefore would be insipid. When used in cooking, however, the flavors in the mix opened up and worked wonderfully in the tagine that I made. With some such spice blends, one notes that bolder spices like cinnamon and clove overpower everything else. In this however, the stronger flavors work subtly, highlighting the lavender and rose that are also in the mix. As the five stars suggest, the product was better than I assumed, and it fully met my expectations of what a good store-bought Ras el hanout should be.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.