- Series: For Dummies
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 2 edition (November 24, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118904915
- ISBN-13: 978-1118904916
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.9 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 62 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #221,471 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Raspberry Pi For Dummies 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
“Perfect for beginners to computer science, this book shows you how to make the most of your Raspberry Pi” (Times Educational Supplement, January 2015)
“This is the second edition of a title that has proven very popular…the varied and eclectic nature of the Pi makes it a good fit for the ‘Dummies’ Brand” (Linux Voice, February 2015)
“…this Dummies title is an excellent introduction for the complete beginner to the hardware and Linux itself" (Linux Voice, April 2015)
“..for the uninitiated, Raspberry Pi For Dummies does an outstanding job of accompanying their first steps into the world of computers..” (Professional Engineering, September 2015)
From the Back Cover
- Connect the Raspberry Pi and install the OS
- Learn programming with Scratch® and Python®
- Create electronics projects connected to the Raspberry Pi’s GPIO port
- Make virtual worlds in Minecraft® and computer music with Sonic Pi
Write games, compose and play music, even explore electronics — it’s as easy as Pi!
The Raspberry Pi offers a plateful of opportunities, and this great resource guides you step-by-step, from downloading, copying, and installing the software to learning about Linux and finding cool new programs for work, photo editing, and music. You’ll discover how to write your own Raspberry Pi programs, create fun games, and much more!
- Start cookin’ — begin by setting up your Raspberry Pi, downloading the operating system, connecting it all, and using the configuration software
- Learn about Linux — get the ins and outs of Linux and learn how to discover and install great free software, run programs, manage your files, browse the web and more
- Build games from Scratch — learn to use Scratch and Python, two programming languages that work brilliantly on the Raspberry Pi, to create games, build a Chatbot, and venture into Minecraft
- Electrifying — learn the basics of electronics theory and how to connect the Raspberry Pi to your own electronics circuits
Open the book and find:
- What you can do with Python
- Ways to use the Raspberry Pi as a productivity tool
- How to surf the web and manage files
- Secrets of Sonic Pi music programming
- A guide to creating animations and arcade games
- Fun electronic games you can build
- How to build a 3D maze in Minecraft
- How to play music and videos on your Raspberry Pi
Visit the companion website at www.dummies.com/extras/raspberrypi to download all the files used in the programming and electronics projects explained in this book.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Like other titles for dummies book, I characterized by a simplistic way of describing and explaining a device /software.
I find them to be a great introduction for the Raspberry Pi2, for someone who had no previous experience with coding and hardware.
Is a fast reading book, that once you read it, you get your hands on the Raspberry and start playing with it, after that there is a lot of articles, forums and websites where you may find additional information to keep going.
Basically I take this book, as the instructions manual that did not come with the Raspberry.