Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Raspberry Pi Projects For Dummies” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 38% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Raspberry Pi Projects For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Back Cover
- Have fun with LEDs and create a sauce bottle emptying game
- Enhance the Pi's capabilities with LEGO™ and directly access LEGO sensors
- Install and learn to program the RISC OS and use it to make a transistor tester
- Give your Raspberry Pi computer vision
Ready to serve up some tasty Raspberry Pi projects? Here's how to do it yourself!
So, you have your Raspberry Pi up and running and can't wait to do something with it? Here's what you've been looking for! This easy-to-follow guide walks you through every step of the design process, from preparing the workspace to working with test equipment. You'll learn to create some fun and useful projects that will inspire even more ideas.
- Understand the lay of the land get acquainted with Raspberry Pi basics, prepare your workspace, and gather your tools
- Master techniques learn about soldering and desoldering, GPIO access, and signal-level conversion
- Meet LEDs and switches discover how to build games using the Light Fantastic Color Button Grid and a sauce bottle emptying race game
- Explore analog conversion create a simple analog-to-digital converter
- More fun and games work with cloud service providers, build LEGO projects controlled by the Pi, and make a Connect Four computer vision game
Open the book and find:
- A list of tools you'll need plus others you might want
- Steps for creating games with color
- Tips for choosing cloud service providers
- Web server and database basics for the Raspberry Pi
- What RISC OS has to offer
- Cool LEGO projects to build
- Ten suppliers of components and tools
About the Author
Mike Cook is a lifelong electronics buff, a former lecturer in physics at Manchester Metropolitan University, and the author of more than 300 articles on computing and electronics. You'll often find him monitoring technology forums under the moniker Grumpy Mike. Brock Craft is a lecturer in creative coding in the Department of Computing at Goldsmiths, University of London, and a senior tutor at the Royal College of Art. He is a specialist in physical computing, data visualization, and the Internet of Things. Jonathan Evans is a distinguished IT professional with more than 20 years of experience. He enjoys sharing his ideas at http://projects.privateeyepi.com, where he continues to explore the endless possibilities of this computing platform.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?