From the Back Cover
The essential guide to getting started with Raspberry Pi computing and programming
Originally conceived of as a fun, easy way for kids (and curious adults) to learn computer programming, the Raspberry Pi quickly evolved into a remarkably robust, credit-card-size computer that can be used for everything from playing HD videos and hacking around with hardware to learning to program!
Co-authored by one of the creators of the Raspberry Pi, this book fills you in on everything you need to know to get up and running on your Raspberry Pi, in no time, including how to:
- Connect to a keyboard, mouse, monitor and other peripherals
- Install software
- Master basic Linux System Admin
- Configure your Raspberry Pi
- Set-up your Raspberry Pi as a Productivity computer
- Write programmes in Scratch and Python
- Set up the Raspberry Pi to drive a multimedia centre
This is your complete guide to using and getting the most out of the world’s first, true compact computer.
Eben Upton is theco- creator of the Raspberry Pi board and the founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation. Gareth Halfacree is a freelance technology journalist, open source advocate and erstwhile sysadmin.
About the Author
Gareth Halfacree is a freelance technology journalist, open source advocate and erstwhile sysadmin.