Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 792 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 845 reviews
on April 6, 2016
This dolly is rather poorly packaged and relatively low quality. Repeatedly folding and unfolding it to travel with wears quickly on the locking pins and hinges making this best for a static set-up. If you have a lightweight tripod and camera that you need to move from spot to spot within a single space, it's great for that and adds some rigidity to your tripod legs. That being said, I found this dolly doesn't really suit my needs due to the low-quality build as I need something durable enough to travel.

In response to the reviews that complain about not being able to get smooth shots when filming, that is because as the name implies, this is a TRIPOD DOLLY and its purpose is to allow you to move your loaded tripod to a different positon. It's not intended to be used as a film dolly, nor should one expect a film dolly to be so simple and inexpensive.
Enthusiast: Photographyon October 26, 2016
I have a heavy duty tripod TV stand for using a 33" TV in front of a treadmill and home gym. The stand (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G3Q3N18/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is excellent, but circumstances change, and now I needed to be able move it around a bit. Casters just don't come large enough for the 1.5" diameter tripod legs, so I looked at this. Perfect. The design will accommodate a large range of sizes and leg diameters. Very secure and it rolls nicely without damaging the hardwood floor. The locks in our case are unnecessary, but they work and easily. The carrying case is a nice touch, but again for our application, not necessary. However we always can use another tripod bag.
on February 26, 2016
This dolly was bought in haste for a production I was working on, and it's pretty good for the price. It's a little on the small side and won't fit a lot of tripods expanded to full height, so measure the spread of your tripod before you buy. The build quality is okay, but the center is not designed to support weight. The brake mechanisms, much to my surprise, are metal so you can kick the hell out of them. The clamps that hold the tripod legs in place are screw mechanisms and are a little cumbersome to engage, so don't expect to be able to pop your tripod on and off this thing on the fly. The whole thing expands and collapses easily, but the supplied bag for it is skin-tight so it takes some delicate wiggling to cram it in the bag. This is a good, cheap dolly.

UPDATE: I was contacted by the seller and they seemed to be under the impression that I was denigrating their product, which couldn't be further from the truth. My goal with my original review was to provide future customers with realistic expectations of the product. I've had this thing for a few months now, and I've used it on two productions. For the money spent, this was a good investment. Is it heavy duty? No. Will it support a 7 foot tripod fully extended? No. Does that matter? No, not necessarily. It really depends on what you need it for, and it has worked out well for me.

As with any product I review, I point out both the benefits and the shortcomings. For the price, this is a great product. I didn't expect it to be made of carbon-fiber or have reinforced titanium joints. You get what you pay for, and I got a quality product for a very reasonable price.
on May 1, 2017
I just ordered my second set of wheels.

This thing is a great product for the cost. It lasted me through dozens of weddings but this last weekend one of the bottom bolts felt out causing one of the arms to come off. But i was in the outdoors and the group of dirty/rocky/grassy. I also don't keep it in the bag. I kinda throw this thing around since I gotta carry 2 other tripods plus all my equipment to carry around.

But yes a screw fell off of it so if You get one tighten all the screws at the bottom or check them every other time.

Also one of the plastic knobs broke off. I had to replace it with a regular bolt. But again I use my equipment pretty heavily and have been using it for years over the course of dozens of events. I think i might be able to fix it.
on March 5, 2016
Meh. It's a cool idea, but getting the tripod into the legs takes some time and effort, and if you aren't on a really smooth surface, it bumps and shakes a lot. These guys really should have considered using soft rubber wheels instead of hard plastic ones—duh—videographers aren't always filming on perfectly smooth, level ground :/

Oh, and like that shopping cart at the grocery store that seems to go wherever it wants, this dolly kind of does it every so often.

If you are shooting on smooth floors and you have some time to make certain the wheels are perfectly aligned before you start your camera move, it's not a bad rig.
on September 7, 2013
I ordered this after watching a youtube video and noticing the author had a tripod dolly. I had hopes that it would make my tripod even more rigid that it already was. I have a Photek horizontal extender (purchased on Amazon) and wanted to increase the strength of my tripod and make it easier to move around my apartment kitchen. I do a lot of food and near macro photography from my kitchen counter. The dolly worked even better than I had hoped. After mounting it to my tripod with my Photek bar attached I was able to move the whole unit with ease. The bonus is it moves across carpet nearly as well as my wood floor. And once the unit is in place the wheel locks keep it solidly in place. The wheel locks are quickly released with a press of my foot. Adjusting the position of the tripod when setting up the shot is a breeze as the large wheels move so smoothly. Overall I could not have asked for product to work better.
This makes moving shots with a tripod a breeze. One of my favorite parts of this (besides it's sturdiness and quality build) is the rubber, smooth wheels, which produces smooth shots even when rolling across not so perfect ground. I bought 2 of them, for both of my tripods. I use them constantly. This thing is the real deal. Made with all quality parts, and comes with a handy carrying case with a strap to carry it on your shoulder. It's pretty light, so it wouldn't be difficult at all to travel distances with it around your shoulder. Recommended!
on March 23, 2015
Under $40, nice case, free lens cleaner, free led clip on flashlight, smooth like butter, wheels lock & unlock perfectly. Wheels are high quality, roll super smooth and swivel effortlessly. Don't hesitate, great value and nice to have in your gear bag. I use it for all my indoor work. Looking to get a second one. Take a tip from Snooch, use a couple of sand bags or ankle weights to make this super smooth!
<<<<<<MY FREE LED FLASHLIGHT WAS ALMOST DEAD ON ARRIVAL, IT DOES LIGHT BUT VERY DIM.>>>>>>>
It's not a deal breaker and I didn't buy the dolly for the flashlight, but if they include it I think it should work.
on September 14, 2017
Sort of a cheap build; not professional grade at all. I wouldn't put more than 15-20lbs to avoid having problems with its locking and adjusting mechanisms. Wheels are not very smooth so don't expect smooth moving shots if you plan on doing video work with it. It is, however, convenient for doing still work that requires you to occasionally move your tripod about.
CAUTION: ON THE ONE I RECEIVED I DID NOT KNOW THAT ONE LEG DOES NOT LOCK/SNAP IN. THE WHOLE DSLR RIG FALLS!!
Also: I don't understand why this Ravelli dolly does not adjust wide enough to fit their own tripods.
Bottom line: good enough for the price.