Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 776 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 829 reviews
on April 25, 2015
Great tripod.....only think......the wheels could be softer.
On tile,recording every little bump sound.
review image review image
on November 15, 2016
UPDATE REVIEW:
After posting my scathing review, Ravelli contacted me and had GREAT customer service. They explained how this product is really meant for transport, not dolly movements. I guess I was using it wrong lol either way, they completely refunded me from a 3yr old order, including shipping fee, and let me keep the product! They were extremely nice and helpful, and the dolly works nicely for transport work. It also comes with a carrying case.. I think I'll hang onto it and give Ravelli a 2nd shot. They've earned it.

OLD REVIEW:
I don't know how this thing gets so many good reviews. I bought it years ago and I've never been able to use it. The steering is all over the place and it's super jerky, clunky and kind of heavy. God help you if you want to use this on anything but smooth glass.. get carpet, grass, tiles, or hardwood floors out of your head..Just pony up the dough and get a stabilizer or just use a tripod with video head.
on April 16, 2017
I purchased four of these altogether. Returned one as being unrepeatable while the other three I spent over hour reworking a new clamping system. I noticed this flaw before making the first purchase, thinking I could run a metal strap around the back side angled flat plastic and pin it to hold the strap in place which would prevent the round tripod leg from slipping out when lifting the tripod or moving it. The Chinese should have made a V-type brace to hold the leg instead of a flat surface. Simple engineering flaw which was made to fail. With the first unit I purchased the connecting push pins and connecting bars were not drilled properly. If you want to take time and redrill them it might have a little slop, but still work. I have 12 tripods not a single one of them lines up with the establish Y extended legs so you need metal straps around the leg holders. I also found that ever single one of them was never completely assembled or checked for quality. Speed in manufacturing where they did not tighten down all the screws and allens, Good luck
on July 1, 2016
I purchased this to use with one of my lightweight portable fluid head tripods for wedding receptions and indoor sporting events. I wasn't expecting to much and knew it wouldn't produce the same level shots as a dolly rail setup would, but it is far more practical for non-studio shoots where you can't have an elaborate setup. I was very impressed with this dolly. On most surfaces you will get some bumps due to the small wheels and floor surface, so don't expect to get perfect shots. After some practice you can get great shots (especially if you stabilize the footage in post) that are far more elaborate than most dolly tracks would allow for. I have used similar products that cost far more due to larger wheels that create a steadier shot under the stage at live music events. If you are shooting on a concrete surface than you will get the best results, I am usually shooting on basketball court surfaces and have a bit more bumps but overall give great shots. If your looking for an affordable camera dolly than this will meet your needs very well.
on August 5, 2017
This Tripod Dolly was a life saver today. The charity I volunteer at held a volunteer at asked for me to shoot some video today. This dolly made it very easy to move my Manfrotto tripod with a Neewer Film Movie System Kit Video Making System for Canon/Nikon/Sony and other DSLR Cameras, includes:(1)C-shaped Bracket+(1)Handle Grip+(2)15mm Rod+(1)Matte Box+(1)Follow Focus+(1)Shoulder Rig mounted on it. I left the back half of the Neewer rig attached and had my PANASONIC LUMIX G7 4K Mirrorless Camera, with 14-42mm MEGA O.I.S. Lens, 16 Megapixels, 3 Inch Touch LCD, DMC-G7KS (USA SILVER) mounted on it. I was able to easily and quickly move the entire setup to another location. This made it a lot easier to do some walking shots that I wouldnt have been able to otherwise.
on October 28, 2015
A universal tripod dolly to move your camera across the room effortlessly? Yes, I'll take this.

From the shipping and consistent communication from the seller to the delivery of the product, the experience was joyful. The Ravelli ATD Pro Tripod Dolly is my first delve into dolly systems for mounting my Vanguard Alta Plus 263AP 3-Section Aluminum Tripod. The wheels are smooth and they glide on smooth surfaces with very little resistance. I don't use my dolly on uneven, rough terrain as I wanted to use this dolly for tracking video. It is written on the packaging that this is not the intended use for the camera, but if you have a DSLR with a lens that has vibration control or some form of optical stabilization, then you should be free of "shaky cam".
I use both a Canon 6D and Canon 70D hooked up to Filmcity DSLR Rig video camera shoulder mount with a video monitor. I will be purchasing 8' X 2' wood planks with Wilsonart 48" x 96" Laminated Sheeting to make a mobile dolly track.
The build quality is very professional and durable. The wheels spin smoothly without any rough spots. If they were to add a spring stabilization system to where the wheels connect to the body, believe this system could be made specifically for video tracking. I have not had problems like others, but then again, I haven't had much use out of it yet. After I build my dolly track, I will update my review to reflect such.
The picture makes this unit look smaller than what it actually is. It is large and the carrying bag that it comes with is much appreciated.
If they increased the weight and size, add in a spring stabilization system to where the wheels connect to the legs, this product could be utilized for Professional video tracking.
As is, the item is beautiful and performs outstanding. I can't wait to get more use out of this for my video production. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
on April 6, 2016
This dolly is rather poorly packaged and relatively low quality. Repeatedly folding and unfolding it to travel with wears quickly on the locking pins and hinges making this best for a static set-up. If you have a lightweight tripod and camera that you need to move from spot to spot within a single space, it's great for that and adds some rigidity to your tripod legs. That being said, I found this dolly doesn't really suit my needs due to the low-quality build as I need something durable enough to travel.

In response to the reviews that complain about not being able to get smooth shots when filming, that is because as the name implies, this is a TRIPOD DOLLY and its purpose is to allow you to move your loaded tripod to a different positon. It's not intended to be used as a film dolly, nor should one expect a film dolly to be so simple and inexpensive.
Enthusiast: Photographyon October 26, 2016
I have a heavy duty tripod TV stand for using a 33" TV in front of a treadmill and home gym. The stand (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G3Q3N18/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is excellent, but circumstances change, and now I needed to be able move it around a bit. Casters just don't come large enough for the 1.5" diameter tripod legs, so I looked at this. Perfect. The design will accommodate a large range of sizes and leg diameters. Very secure and it rolls nicely without damaging the hardwood floor. The locks in our case are unnecessary, but they work and easily. The carrying case is a nice touch, but again for our application, not necessary. However we always can use another tripod bag.
on February 26, 2016
This dolly was bought in haste for a production I was working on, and it's pretty good for the price. It's a little on the small side and won't fit a lot of tripods expanded to full height, so measure the spread of your tripod before you buy. The build quality is okay, but the center is not designed to support weight. The brake mechanisms, much to my surprise, are metal so you can kick the hell out of them. The clamps that hold the tripod legs in place are screw mechanisms and are a little cumbersome to engage, so don't expect to be able to pop your tripod on and off this thing on the fly. The whole thing expands and collapses easily, but the supplied bag for it is skin-tight so it takes some delicate wiggling to cram it in the bag. This is a good, cheap dolly.

UPDATE: I was contacted by the seller and they seemed to be under the impression that I was denigrating their product, which couldn't be further from the truth. My goal with my original review was to provide future customers with realistic expectations of the product. I've had this thing for a few months now, and I've used it on two productions. For the money spent, this was a good investment. Is it heavy duty? No. Will it support a 7 foot tripod fully extended? No. Does that matter? No, not necessarily. It really depends on what you need it for, and it has worked out well for me.

As with any product I review, I point out both the benefits and the shortcomings. For the price, this is a great product. I didn't expect it to be made of carbon-fiber or have reinforced titanium joints. You get what you pay for, and I got a quality product for a very reasonable price.
on May 1, 2017
I just ordered my second set of wheels.

This thing is a great product for the cost. It lasted me through dozens of weddings but this last weekend one of the bottom bolts felt out causing one of the arms to come off. But i was in the outdoors and the group of dirty/rocky/grassy. I also don't keep it in the bag. I kinda throw this thing around since I gotta carry 2 other tripods plus all my equipment to carry around.

But yes a screw fell off of it so if You get one tighten all the screws at the bottom or check them every other time.

Also one of the plastic knobs broke off. I had to replace it with a regular bolt. But again I use my equipment pretty heavily and have been using it for years over the course of dozens of events. I think i might be able to fix it.