Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

I bought the 10 pack and I do not need all 10 of them for my studio. I've found they come in handy for a million other things. My kids are young and when they are in the shower, they need to wipe soap out of their eyes quite often. We use one of these to hang an extra towel from the top of the shower enclosure and they have an extra towel for their eyes! That was just for free!

Now on to the actual use - hanging muslin from a backdrop. These are inexpensive and rock solid at their job. They work well right out of the box, are well packaged and grip fantastically without being too strong or shaped incorrectly for the job. I would recommend these easily at twice the price!
on June 5, 2014
I am both a photographer and a woodworker. I use a LOT of different clamps including lots of different spring clamps.

From the clamp standpoint - these are very good. Much, much stronger than your typical cheap Harbor Freight clamps. For the money, they are fantastic.

From the photography standpoint - they are OK. The clamps are good but the protective pads don't stay on. On many of them, they simply fall right off from gravity when you open the clamp. I plan to go through them all and glue them on but it's a really annoying shortcoming that without, these would easily be 5 star clamps and would honestly be all I'd ever buy.

For the price, they are great.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on November 4, 2015
Ravelli means Quality. First let me say I owed a Photography Studio and Video Production Company for for 16 years. After a bad accident I had to close up shop. Now 10 years later I'm finally able to get back to what I love photography! I purchase everything I need for my new studio from AMAZON and when it come tripods,tripod dollies,background stands,clamps and so on I look to see if Ravelli makes it fisrt. Their quality reminds me of the Bogan of yesteryear (monfroto). Everthing they sell is top quality at affordable prices. Their products always come well packaged on time and some times you get little suprises inside. I just wished they had more products to offer because I would go with Ravelli every time. Keep up the good work Ravelli you have a customer for life.
on August 31, 2016
I bought these because a person in the Q&A section said they fit the 1" pole on the backdrop stand. Sadly, this is the first answer posted and it is incorrect, or at least misleading. These do not have enough bite to reach around the 1" pole and then come together again to grasp the backdrop. The gap when they are closed and not in use is less than 1/2". I saw the hole in the picture, and it looks like 1",and I wanted to be able to have the backdrop clipped in place and be able to slide it on the pole. This style will clamp TO the pole, but not around it. They are, however, good, sturdy quality.
0Comment|Report abuse
After reading reviews on the plastic clamps I decided to try these by Ravelli, which so far has shown to provide a solid product at a great price. When the box arrived it was heavy. I couldn't remember what I ordered that would weigh so much. When I saw that it was the clips I truly understood why people were saying to stay away from the plastic ones.

They have a great grip and a firm pinch allows them to hold your cloth or paper backgrounds with ease. I did think it would be nice if the made the inside of the clip Round so that it fits around the tripod pole perfectly but I am not an engineer, maybe his is the best way.

A solid product and worth your investment of you are becoming (like me) are already are a photographer.
on January 27, 2017
Bought these to use with a portable photo/video rig... I have to admit, I had rather low expectations because they were fairly inexpensive. I was impressed though. Very tight, strong clamps! I used them just today to create a makeshift 10x10 video screen for a playback, and doubled up my drop sheets, and they not only held beautifully, but they kept the fabric nice and tight. High recommend them (and I'm buying a second set right now!)...
Enthusiast: Photographyon January 20, 2016
These clamps are super solid. I use them with the Ravelli backdrop stand. Ravelli ABSL Photo Video Backdrop Stand Kit 13' Tall x 15' Wide with Dual Air Cushion Stands and Bag

No complaints at all, these are great!
on May 21, 2017
It's hard to get too excited about things like clamps. But damn, these are extremely high quality and cheap! I'm using them to hang tapestries.
on October 2, 2017
Very nice clips for clipping various backdrops and similar to round poles during photography. Considering buying a few more just so I have them available.
on March 17, 2013
I'm glad I bought the box of 10 -- I used them all on my first shoot with my new stands and backdrops. I used them to clamp multiple sheets to the crossbar, and to stretch the fabric left and right by clamping to the stands. At one point I had several thicknesses of muslin clamped to the stands and the clips worked just fine. I really like the wide, flat, rubber clamping surface.

I read the most negative reviews for this product and with those complaints in mind here is what I noticed about the clips I received: All clips operated properly, all leading edges matched within a few millimeters, I had to hold them right up to my nose to notice a slight rubber/solvent smell, they firmly held multiple thicknesses of muslin, they fit around even the fattest sections of my light stands (Ravelli model ABSL), and so far none of the rubber pads have come off but I can see how easily they could (if I have a problem I'll just glue them on).

So for me I'm very happy -- I got a bunch of highly satisfactory clips at a great price.