GYRO Raven 4.5CH Land And Sky Electric RTF Remote Control RC Helicopter (Color May Vary)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Built In Gyroscope For Maximum Stability
- Electric Powered
- 4.5 Channel Control
- Coaxial Rotor
- Single Rear Rotor
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Introducting the first 4CH Helicopter with Gyro to hit the market. The brand new GYRO Raven 4.5CH Land And Sky Electric RTF RC Helicopter comes with the greatest advancement in Helicopter Technology, a Gyro. No more crashing, no more replacing parts, the Gyro has changed the Helicopter industry completely, making this RC Helicopter super easy to fly and maneuver. Great for people of all skill levels, this bad boy features a coaxial rotor and a single rear rotor for precise movement and increased stability, but it doesn't end there this RC helicopter also has dual side stablizing rotors for the ultimate precision in the sky! What really makes the GYRO Raven stand out is the new land and sky feature. Flip the switch on the transmitter to running mode and you can drive the GYRO Raven on the ground like a car making it a 2 in 1 RC toy. An internal 3.7V rechargeable battery powers this great RC helicopter while 6 AA batteries (not included) power the 4.5CH infrared transmitter. This RC helicopter has a metal body making it strong yet light weight so you don't have to worry about breaking anything when you land it a bit too rough. Get ready to be the coolest kid on the block by getting the GYRO Raven 4.5CH Land And Sky Electric RTF RC Helicopter! Features: Built In Gyroscope For Maximum Stability Electric Powered 4.5 Channel Control Coaxial Rotor Single Rear Rotor Switches From Land To Sky Mode Dual Side Stabilizing Rotors Detailed Paint Job IR Transmitter Charges Off Transmitter LED Lights Easy To Fly Ready To Fly Includes: GYRO Raven 4.5CH Land And Sky Electric RTF RC Helicopter IR Transmitter/Charger 2 Spare Main Rotors 1 Spare Rear Rotor Mini Screwdriver Specifications: Main Rotor Diameter: 7.5 Inches Length: 9 Inches Height: 4 Inches Battery Requirements: Vehicle: 3.7V 150mAh Li-Poly Rechargeable Battery (Included) Transmitter: 6 AA Alkaline Batteries (Not Included)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I didnt give it to my kid yet because even I couldnt control it.
it flies by its own , no way to control it.
its description in amazon says that it will hit the market - lol -
the only thing that it hits is the ceiling , floor and furnitures.
Its my fault buying a product without any previous user comments.
1) As with many small helicopters that are designed to be very light weight, the battery life is not very impressive. I can get a few minutes of solid flying in per charge.
2) Charging takes a while. I'd say roughly 30 minutes.
3) There is no intelligent voltage control built into this helicopter. As I said, this is a sort of knockoff, so not a lot of attention was given to design details. This means that as the battery wears down during a flight, each propeller gets a slightly different voltage. This causes the helicopter to favor turning one direction more than the other as you fly. Mine starts out heading a little to the right, and toward the end of flight tends to the left. Bear in mind, this is MINOR issue that is very easily rectified by trimming (which is actually a knob placed rather intelligently by the right index finger on the controller).
4) 4.5 channels is cool, but that means when you strafe left and right, two propellers are active instead of just 1. Thus, it sucks juice from the battery even faster. Sometimes it is noticeable enough that there is a large draw on the battery that it slowly descends even when the main rotors are on full throttle.
5) By "gyro" the advertisement means the weights on top of the main rotor. It does not have a solid-state (or otherwise) gyroscopic component. Some small helicopters do have this feature, but they are, unsurprisingly, more expensive :P
Now that I've gotten some small issues out of the way, I want to take some time to emphasize it's good points.
1) As I mentioned before, it's pretty easy to control.
2) As far as small RC helicopters go, this is probably one of the more durable, although I haven't tested dropping it from a large height, the blades have had encounters with walls, cables, office chairs, etc., and I have yet to replace them (with the included replacement parts).
3) It does in fact have two modes of control: "land" mode and "sky" mode. In land mode, the main rotor turns on to give minimal lift, essentially nearly flying in ground effect, and the right control stick is used to control forward/back and turn left/right. It works best on a hard flat surface. Sky mode, obviously, is normal helicopter flight. Left stick controls up/down and turn left/right, whereas right stick controls strafe forward/back/left/right.
All in all, I am happy with my purchase. The one thing I want most of all in this helicopter is longer battery life, but it's quite a bit of fun regardless. Also, I bought my helicopter from hobbytron.com. Amazon seems to be sold out, but I thought I'd review this here so others might benefit from my experience.