About the Product
- Featuring the best of both worlds, Raven Squad has core FPS and RTS gameplay combined, for a new type of experience
- A multiplayer co-operative campaign that allows players to take control of a squad and play through the entire game with a friend online
- Multiple solutions to every conflict - every battle can play out differently and be resolved in many different ways
- Set in the Amazon in the year 2011, players will experience lush jungle visuals, haunting ambient sounds, changes in the weather, and an enemy in their home element
- 8 characters with their own unique backgrounds, personalities, behaviors, weapons and skills Players can order their squads into vehicles and take the wheel in first-person mode
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- nice graphics
- decent environment (jungle)
- terrible controls
- enemy AI is the worst I have ever seen. they just stand there a lot looking at you
- the voice acting is so bad, its funny
- you can play the whole game in either FPS or RTS mode because its ridiculously easy, even on the hard setting
- the game play is very predictable and boring. its just go to the next opening in the jungle, shoot some bad guys, keep walking.
I'm so glad i rented this game. it has to be the worst game i have ever played. this review seems harsh but you can try the game out for yourself and you'll see my point. i have no idea how this game won best of E3, they probably just put the logo on the cover to get attention or didn't let people play it at E3. there are better games that are sort of a FPS/RTS games like Rise & Fall, or Mount & Blade. i would love to play a sequel if Evolved made a real attempt because the concept was my interest point in the game
Raven Squad: Operation Hidden Dagger takes place several decades in the future, after a global financial incident has crippled many of the world's foreign, third-world countries. Because of this, guerilla factions are warring between one another, claiming territories of their own through terrorism and violence. This is what the game centers around--an event that, supposedly, should lead the player into an exciting first-person shooter.
To put it simply, I wasn't paying much attention to the story. The voice acting, the lack of a clearer, more defined visualization of what was happening (i.e, the loading screen,) and the cut scenes do nothing to enhance the story. The graphics, while not bad, look like something that could have come out of a final run of Xbox, Gamecube of Playstation 2 games. You should expect more when loading up a 360 games graphics-wise when they're so far ahead with their technology.
The combat, in a nutshell, varies between the levels and how you have to complete the mission. The first `tutorial' level takes place primarily in first-person mode, but soon switches over to the tactical, RTS-styled gameplay halfway through the level. First-person mode leaves nothing to be desired due to the fact that the game has so many flaws. Your team's A.I is so stupid that, at times, they won't even shoot enemies that are coming by them, nor will they attempt to take cover unless you yourself are near it. They follow you around like dogs and expect you to take care of them most of the time.Read more ›
The graphics are worse than the origanal halo game. The people only move their mouthed up and down to talk. They only have one way of walking to.
The voicing is terrible. The worst ive ever heard. This Brasilian girl sounds like a Chinese girl. I cant even understand her half the time. She was always saying watch out for "green eggs" and I was like "what?". It took me about a half our to realise she meant grenades. She is terrible animated and she sits in a room that has a single large box in it and that's it. Then they try to add some sex appeal to her by giving her a exposing shirt. No thanks, I would rather do Ms pacman.
Its bad enough that the voices are bad. The dialogue is worse. Here are some examples:
Paladin: we cant stay and help these people.
Shadow: I think we should stay and help them.
Paladin: you're right
Paladins Journal: we are moving on to a small coffee plantation. I don't have any water. I hope we find the pilot
There are countless other instances that just make me to angry to write. Also, all of the Brazilians somehow know English.
The story is boring. The only real main story line is Palidin trying to get to Vegas for Christmas.
The guns are terrible. The are completely inaccurate.
Another big problems are that there are missions that recommend you sneak around which is impossible because the guards always manage to see you. Its like the developers didn't put any effort into adding human qualities. The guards can be facing the other way but turn around immediately once you get within like 300 yds of them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent game for my son-in-law for Christmas as he loves the battle type games.
Came in excellent condition and he will love it for Christmas.
save your money and buy something else, anything else! pretty dumb, even my kids hated it. with modern warfare and battlefield series this game doesnt come close.Published on December 25, 2011 by Charlie Horse