Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.52 shipping
Ravensburger In the Heart of Southern France - Puzzle (500-Piece)
|Price:||$9.67 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$4.32 (31%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Puzzle Measures: 19.5" x 14.25"
- Puzzles are fun - on your own, or with family and friends
- Relax from your busy life and build a beautiful image and a new memory
- Ravensburger Premium Puzzle with Softclick Technology
- Take a moment to slow down and experience the pleasure of a puzzle
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Since 1891 we've been making the finest puzzles in Ravensburg, Germany. It's our attention to detail which makes Ravensburger the world's greatest puzzle brand. We use an exclusively developed, extra-thick cardboard and combine this with our fine, linen-structured paper to create a glare-free puzzle image for a quality you can feel. Our steel cutting tools are designed and crafted by hand. This ensures that no two pieces are alike and guarantees a perfect interlocking fit.
Compare to similar items
This item Ravensburger In the Heart of Southern France - Puzzle (500-Piece)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 13.25 x 1.5 in||9 x 13.25 x 1.5 in||10 x 12 x 2.75 in||9 x 13.25 x 1.5 in||13.5 x 9.25 x 8.75 in||10 x 12 x 2.75 in|
|Number of Pieces||500||500||500||500||500||500|
Top Customer Reviews
Ravensburger touts their product as a premium line of puzzles. Their claims include "extra-thick, extra-durable cardboard, glare-free linen paper, and perfect, interlocking fit" and of course "softclick technology".
1. Extra-thick, extra-durable cardboard: Yes, the material is quite thick. I believe it will last through several builds. Also, a nice feature is the color died cardboard material they use. Unlike most puzzles, the two Ravensburger puzzles I built were made from a royal blue died cardboard. They are certainly made from thick cardboard, but the pieces are actually quite small! I was very, very surprised by just HOW small the pieces are. Granted, this wasn't advertised as a "large format" puzzle, but I've purchased puzzles at the pound shop that had larger pieces!
2. Glare-free linen paper: It does, in fact, appear to be printed on some kind of linen stock. It seems like it'll be a durable print, but most definitely not glare free. When working in natural sunlight I frequently had to shift my viewing angle to avoid the glare. When building in artificial light, I had to move my work surface to minimize the horribly uncomfortable glare from the overhead lighting. Sorry Ravensburger. This one is a fail. Horrible glare in all lighting conditions.
3. Perfect, interlocking fit: The fit leaves much to be desired. Although the shapes are cut quite well, the actual fitment is very loose. I'm not sure what the "softclick technology" is referring to, exactly, but I can say the fit is loose. Almost sloppy. Pieces do not stay interlocked. Compare to, say a Buffalo Games puzzle, where the pieces interlock so well you can snap a section together and easily move or lift the section into it's place. The Ravensburger pieces on the other hand, do not stay together if you attempt to lift a section. For that matter, if you attempt to lift even two or three pieces they will fall apart. Again, a fail here, Ravensburger. Sorry.
Additional comments: Ravensburger does NOT include a print or poster of the finished image like many other brands. You must rely on the picture printed on the top of the box. Not a horrible proposition, except Ravensburger overprints portions of the box image with logos, marketing messages, etc. Also, the color hue and saturation on the box is very different from the printed puzzle pieces. For example, a bright blue breasted robin on the box lid might be pale blueish gray in the actual puzzle. To further complicate this, the box top image proportions are different. For example, a cafe sign that's thin and wide in the puzzle appears tall and narrow in the box top image.
I now regret buying 5 Ravensburger puzzles because it's going to be a struggle to get through all five due to the horrible glare, and color/proportion inconsistencies between the puzzle and box cover image. I'll stick to Buffalo Games puzzles, or maybe give White Mountain Puzzles a try.
Nice size puzzle to work on a small game table.
We will buy Ravensburger brand again.
This particular puzzle has the signature recycled blue background. The pieces are thick, crisply cut, and the images are clear. After several times doing this puzzle, all of the pieces are in like new condition still: none of the printed bits are peeling away from the backs. The France image is charming, with plenty of color.
I would absolutely recommend this puzzle to friends, and I plan to keep this item my whole life. It is a great purchase.
was quite difficult and took more time than the others did. I don't really know why.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Glenis CislowskiRead more