Ravensburger Labyrinth Board Game for Kids and Adults - Easy to Learn and Play With Great Replay Value
- Low Return Rate: 19% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 95% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "labyrinth board game"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$7.00 (22%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- FUN PLAY EXPERIENCE – In Labyrinth, Ravensburger’s hugely popular board game for kids and adults, you can gain the advantage over the other players by inserting the extra tile to move walls and open passages of the Labyrinth.
- HIGH QUALITY COMPONENTS – Contains a playing board, 34 maze cards, 24 treasure cards, 4 playing pieces.
- EASY TO UNDERSTAND INSTRUCTIONS – High quality, easy to understand instructions make it easy to start playing right away.
- GREAT REPLAY VALUE – Playing time is 20-30 minutes for 2-4 players.
- For ages 8 and up, players learn cause and effect, planning, association, recognition and taking turns.
- Gain the advantage over the other players by inserting the extra tile to move walls and open passages of the Labyrinth
- Learn cause and effect, plannina, association, recognition, and taking turns
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
A Treasure Hunting Adventure Awaits
Get lost in a maze of fun with the Ravensburger Labyrinth! This fantastical labyrinth board game features a cast of mythical characters including a dragon, a princess, a ghost, a genie, and flying creatures like bats and owls.
Designed for ages eight and up, this four-player adventure is an action-packed game of mystery that’s ideal for sleepovers, family game nights, and anytime kids feel like playing in a land of strategy and imagination. Players must find all of their objects and characters while moving carefully through the constantly changing maze, and be the first to make it back to the starting square to win.
What''s in the Box
At a Glance:
- Treasure hunting game with mythical maze
- Includes characters like dragons and princesses
- Teaches strategy and planning
- Designed for up to 4 players
- Age Requirement: 8+ (or play alternate version with younger children)
Teaches Planning, Recognition, and Taking Turns
The Ravensburger Labyrinth involves navigating traps and shifting walls in a race for treasure, helping teach children skills like cause-and-effect, strategic planning, and how to take turns with other players. Like in a game of chess, players must plan ahead to gain advantage over other players and collect all their treasures. The game also teaches recognition, as players must try to get to the square that matches the picture on their top card with every turn.
Surprise at Every Turn with Shifting Maze
With its pathways always moving and changing, the labyrinth keeps players constantly on their toes. For each turn, a player chooses one of the twelve arrows along the edge of the board and inserts a maze card, which pushes out a corresponding maze card at the opposite end. The player then moves as far as possible along the open pathway--sometimes forcing other players to relocate on the board for playful competition.
For Ages Eight and Up
The Ravensburger Labyrinth is appropriate for ages eight and up and designed to be played by up to four players, so kids can play with their friends, or you can all enjoy playing as a family. There is also a great alternative version for play with younger children, where the players can look at their cards before starting the game to make it easier for the younger treasure hunters in the family.
Ravensburger has been connecting generations for generations. A family company since 1883, Ravensburger offers high-quality, age-appropriate games, puzzles, arts and crafts, and science activity kits that foster enjoyment, education, and family togetherness. Ravensburger is dedicated to the philosophy that starting children off early by stimulating their minds and hands helps not only develop fine motor, artistic, and exploring skills but also fosters a sense of accomplishment.
Ravensburger offers one of the most diverse collections of games you can find and is always creating innovative new games that are high in educational value and entertaining for various ages and abilities. Many of their games can be learned quickly, so even younger children have a good chance at beating the grownups. They have been awarded multiple awards over the years from renown institutions like Parent’s Choice Foundation, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio and Family Fun.
Web exclusive! A board game classic, Labyrinth by Ravensburger has entertained generation after generation with its unique gameplay. In this version, the artwork is completely updated and the game now includes creatively designed plastic playing figures. Gain the advantage over the other players by inserting an extra tile to move walls and open passages of the Labyrinth, moving through the maze while foiling your opponents. The first to reach all their treasures and return to the starting point wins!
The aMAZEing Labyrinth uses a clever board design to create a series of ever-changing mazes that one to four players must move through. The object of the game is for each player to collect as quickly as possible all seven treasures depicted on their individual treasure cards. To add to the challenge, players know what the next treasure is only after they find the one before it. Before each turn, a maze card is pushed into the maze in a strategic place, helping the player make his or her way to the prize. This means that the entire maze shifts and changes on each turn, confounding some and helping others. Players will need to think ahead to choose just the right spot to shift the maze in their favor. This is an excellent game to get lost in. A simpler version can be played by younger children. --Lee Strucker
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Last November I came across Labyrinth, a game I had not considered before due to its childish-looking cover. Even it was rated 8+, I decided to give it a try due to the overwhelming good reviews in Amazon. Oh, what a right decision! Labyrinth is that kind of game where the concept, the gameplay and the artwork come together to provide a masterpiece of family entertainment. But enough general praise; let me give you the detail of why I love this game.
- In labyrinth, you have a deck of cards. Every turn, you look at your top card in the deck and then try to bring your pawn to the right place in the board where that item is. So if your top card is the sword, you will have to move your pawn to the place where the sword is
- The labyrinth does not always have a path to the item you want to pick. That is why there is an extra tile. You can insert this tile from any of the yellow arrows (look at the picture of my son inserting a tile). This will shift all that line, and reshape the whole labyrinth so you can have a path
- To win, you need to find all the treasures shown in your cards and go back to the start point
- While the rules might look simple at first, the gameplay is simply fantastic. Introducing the tiles allow you to change the shape of the labyrinth, or even shift the position of yourself or your rivals! As we play more often, we find more creative ways of playing - and sometimes to obstruct each other, hehehe
DESIGN AND QUALITY
- First of all, the game comes in a beautifully decorated box. Once open, it has compartments to store the pawns/cards/tiles. This is already a plus compared to other "modern" games that expect you to dump everything in a mess into the box
- The tiles, same as the board, are made of hard cardboard. I got a little surprised at first (I was expecting hard plastic), but now that I have got used to them I feel them sturdy and durable
- The pawns that you use to play are simply superb. The Wizard, the Warlock, the Witch and the Sorceress (that's what I have name them, you can look at the picture). Thank you, Ravensburger, for spending a little extra money in making each of them unique and not just make the same figure in four colors!
- The tiles slide very well when pushed; sometimes they get stuck if the line of tiles is not fully aligned, but after a few games you will get use to this and it will not bother you
- The artwork has a mixture of childish-looking and art. My son loves the sword and the dragon the most!
- In general, I recommend this game for children 5-6 if you are willing to spend time to teach them, and 8 if you want them to learn the rules quickly
- Yes, I am playing it with my 3.5 year old, but I still need to help him a lot. He can figure out how to move his pawn around the labyrinth to the next treasure, and even insert the tile for a small, easy labyrinth reshape. But for more complex moves he needs my help. Don't get me wrong, I love playing it with him, but unless you are a nerd like me you might be better with other games such as The Game of Life Junior Game or Monopoly Junior Board Game, or even ThinkFun Rush Hour if you have patience to teach him. You can check my reviews of these games if you are interested.
- If you are thinking to bu this game to play with adults only (no kids), I might not recommend it so much though. I think traditional games like Risk or Scrabble, or more advance games like Catan 5th Edition,Pandemic Board Game or Shadows Over Camelot will be more challenging and engaging for mature players
Overall, Labyrinth is definitely a 5-star game with a unique gameplay. I expect it to remain as one of our most often plays games for the next few years!
I also like that it's a relatively quick game (30 mins or so) and I like the fact that it's not a 'dumbed down' version of an older game but instead appears to be the original from Germany.
If you enjoy board games that require strategy and include a fantasy aspect this is for you.
I especially appreciate that it does not require any reading as she is still not a confident reader and little brother is not reading yet either. It is a great logic game and I would recommend it to just about anything. I am planning on purchasing a few more copies to keep on hand for their friends birthdays.
We opened up this game less than 24 hours ago and my kids have played it at least 10 times now, with my husband and I participating a few times as well. It has so much re-playability since it's really never the same game each time you play, and requires the addictive sort of problem solving style critical thinking that rewards both kids and adults a sense of pride in their cognitive skills.
The board and cards are very nice quality, better than most typical board games (which is, I hope, why the price is a but higher than those other games), but the fun makes up for that. I have no regrets with it.
We do have a four year old that plays, even though the game recommends 7+. She will need help occasionally, but she does understand the concept of the game. It's so fun finding games that appeal to a range of ages, so that no younger children are left out (something that happens too often when the older kids want to play more complex games).
Hope this review was helpful! Get this game!
The game is fun and we've played a few times. The only downside is this is one of those games where you can easily spend more effort trying to mess up your opponents than trying to win. Especially if you're a little brother and your goal is messing with your sister. Sigh...