Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Ravensburger Make 'N' Break - Family Game
Size: None|Color: Multicolor|Change

on January 21, 2017
My family loves games and with such a wide span in ages it is sometimes hard to a fun game that entertains all! This game did just that from Grandpa at 70 to the youngest player at 4 this game was a success! The levels make it possible the and the levels depending on what level is chosen for the ability of the player is challenging enough to be engaging in the time frame. Highly recommend this game to bring great fun for your family!
on December 27, 2014
This games is a lot of fun and very addicting. It is easy enough for a younger child to play, but is exciting enough and entertaining enough for adults to play on their own as well.

The cards have different pictures of what you have to build using the included bricks. They very in difficulty and point value. Sometimes, you have to really work on balancing the pieces to make the structures work. Some of the cards have specific colored bricks you have to use, others you can use any color you want.

The timer isn't the best, but does the job. It occasionally gets stuck and you have to kinda play with the stop/start buttons to get it to go, but for the most part it works fine.
on December 26, 2012
We love this game! My 5yo doesn't love toys and games too much - he's more of a video game / screen kid - so we are always trying to encourage him to try new non-screen entertainment. Got this for him for Christmas, and he has had us playing it a bunch of times in the last 2 days since! It's something he can get his mind around (not too hard, yet interestingly challenging), and still it's fun for the adults and older kids too. I allow the 5yo to only roll a 2 or 3 (minute) since he takes a little longer than us during a turn (to make it more fair and even). He also enjoys being the timer-controller! I suppose you could do away with the die rolling all together and just say each person gets 3 minutes each turn, if you were worried about keeping it less random/more fair. We have our 5yo count the points on the cards after a player's turn in complete, and then count out and deal the point tokens, and he also cashes in the 10 ones for a ten token, so there's some math skill practice going on as well (but again, not too much that it is annoying or not fun for him like Monopoly or the like). Great game for all ages! I will consider buying the other versions of this game in the future....
on December 26, 2014
The pieces are well constructed (something I've come to expect from Ravensburger). The point tiles are useless (I was going to say, pointless), since the card scores can be added, and a game of four to five rounds wouldn't require reshuffling the cards.

It is a really fun game. My 4-year old loves it. We've played a variant of giving him only the 1-point cards and using number of card completed for scoring. We've also tried the variant of giving him only the blue colored cards (easier) and keeping the red colored ones for the adults. The family had fun with both variants. The timer does add some tension, but I think it is a necessary ingredient to the fun-factor (so I don't think the junior version of this game is advisable; it doesn't have the timer).
on April 3, 2017
My 5 year old loves this game. The pieces are made of wood and colored nicely. She never really "plays the game" as it's intended, she just builds stuff from the blocks.
on January 10, 2017
Great game for families and for kids to play by themselves. We bought ours when our kids were 5, and they still love it as 12 year olds. We recently took the game along on a road trip and introduced a 12-year-old friend to it, and she loved it too, asking "where can I get this?!" Basic idea is that players draw cards with block stacks depicted on them, then try to build the pictured stack before the timer runs out. Lots of fun.
on September 23, 2017
Fun game to help kids work on spatial relations. Should be pretty educational!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2013
My family is really into board games. The wife, teenager and I play games like Acquire, Settlers of Cataan, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Alhambra, etc. and we enjoy them very much. We wanted to get our 4 year old into the game seen and wanted something a little more cognitively challenging than Candyland or Chutes and Ladders. This game is it.

The game is challenging enough to be fund for adults but simple enough that our 3 1/2 year old daughter easily picked it up and excelled at it. The cards that display the patterns to make have three levels of difficulty. Our daughter can do Levels 1 easily and is challenged by, but can complete Level 2. The game challenges pattern recognition, color matching, and spatial reasoning.

We love it. You should get it.
on January 3, 2014
This game was a lot of fun. Grown ups and kids were playing it together. As a 5th grade teacher, I wish all the kids in my class had this game. It moves quickly. Each player turns a card over, builds the same construction on their card with their blocks. As soon as the other players verify the correctness, the player turns another over, etc. The length of time on the buzzer helps even out the opportunities of younger players to win. You get points based upon the quantity and difficulty of shapes constructed within your allotted time. A variation of younger kids getting one more point than typically would be awarded on the card.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 5, 2016
Like other reviewers mentioned, my son who is 4 [not minimum age recommended on the box] LOVES this game. He loves to build, is mechanically minded, and with some alterations to the rules for his turns, this one is a family favorite.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.