Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rawlings Multi-Sport Training Net (10' X 7' X 5')
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on May 6, 2009
This is a decent product for the price. It's quite tall and wide which is nice, makes it less likely balls will be hit over the top. The screen on the front (with aiming holes and the image of a batter) is nice as balls are hit into it which protects the netting in the back. Works very well. It doesn't take up much room in the bag when put away and fits easily in a seat or trunk.

It would be nice if it was made of better/stronger materials. The vinyl/plastic/nylon used is too thin and I've had to sew mine in a few spots already. It's fine when it's up but easily damaged when you are trying to set it up. You have to put a lot of tension on the materials as you pass the "tent" type poles through the material and stake it into the ground. Setup is easy initially, you can get it out and pass the tent poles through the material in 5-10 minutes but since its so big and tall it's really a two person job to stand it up and stake it down. It's possible to do it by yourself but difficult and going alone there is a greater chance of ripping something.

I'd recommend it at the right price, I think I paid $50 shipped. As long as you are careful with it, it's a good product and should last a few seasons.

Pros:
Wide and Tall - larger than most other low priced nets
Inexpensive
Screen on front is nice - protects the net in the back
Small form factor when put away - folds up nicely

Cons:
Materials could be better - a bit on the cheap side. I've already had to sew a few spots on mine after only 3 uses
Set up is a bit tricky and takes 10-15 min. and you really need 2 people towards the end of the setup
on March 31, 2008
I bought this net for my 8 year old to work on his bat swing for baseball. He hits about 40-50 balls a day into the net and the net is holding up well. The only problem I have had is that one of the nylon feet has cracked but was easliy replaced with items available at the local discount store.
on August 6, 2012
This sports net works very well and it easy to set up. However, the poles are fairly brittle and will break. Also, the nylon? fabric used for the pole sleeves doesn't hold up too well to weather and will tear if exposed to the sun much. If you take this up and down each time you use it, it will work well for you but don't leave it out for more than a day at a time.
on April 24, 2008
This net is pretty large and setting it up is nearly identical to setting up and taking down a tent, which gets somewhat annoying. Nonetheless, it gets the job done. Considering the price compared to the more expensive pop-up nets, its a good deal.
on February 15, 2009
Unlike the picture that is displyed, the net that is delivered has a net hanging down from the front support (right by homeplate). The removeable batter and targets also attach to the front of the net. I didn't like this at 1st because I was hoping to hit from the plate into the back of the net to keep balls from going astray. However the usefulness of the current design is that it slows the balls down to protect the back net from damage and make it less likely to tip over. Overall the product works great. I'm glad we got a net this big.
on March 2, 2009
this net was way bigger than expected and the kids love throwing at the strike zone w/ a batter its worth every penny spent
on April 18, 2009
We just dug out our net for the 3rd spring of baseball. I can't believe how well the net held up for the price. One of the feet finally ripped off so I was in search for another net and came upon this website. The product is well worth the money and I will probably but 2 for the simple fact that Target didn't carry this item anymore and I had a hard time finding this one. Good luck to all that use it, my son loves it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2008
Very good training net and you can't beat the price. Only drawback which is not really critical, is the overlay net does not stay up very well. Small bungee cord will do the trick, tho. My four year old uses this in our basement and it has helped his swing tremendously. He hits about 10 balls a day and throws into the net... it's well worth it.
on April 23, 2009
We haven't used the net that much but what little we have it's been great. It is pretty big so be ready for that. Assembly was straight forward and didn't take long. The only negative I can think of is trying to find a place to store it! Great net @ a great price.
on July 25, 2012
The tent poles broke after a few set ups. Most of them I repaired with some electrical tape. However, after a few more uses, the lining tore where the poles go through. Doesn't last very long at all

See 1 answered question