Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Rawsome Vegan Baking: An Un-cookbook for Raw, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Beautiful and Sinfully Sweet Cookies, Cakes, Bars & Cupcakes Paperback – March 4, 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
“Emily's blog has the type of recipes that would get any foodie excited about raw vegan cuisine.” ―Russell James, The Raw Chef
“Emily is a creative genius when it comes to dreaming up colorful, beautiful, whimsical and delicious recipes. She is one of my favorite vegan bloggers and I can't wait to see what adventure she takes us on in her upcoming cookbook.” ―Kathy Patalsky, Healthy-Happy-Life.com
“Emily is incredible. Her recipes are some of the most creative and drool-inducing I've ever seen. I wait with anticipation for every new thing she produces. This (un)cookbook is no exception.” ―Jessica Ainscough, The Wellness Warrior
“Who knew raw food can be so surprisingly creative? Emily takes raw foodism to new levels that wow us every single time.” ―Sivan Pardo Renwick, The Vegan Woman
About the Author
Emily von Euw is the creator of the blog This Rawsome Vegan Life, which gets over nearly 1 million views a month. Emily's blog won The Vegan Woman's 2013 Vegan Food Blog Award, was named one of the Top 50 Raw Food Blogs of 2012 and is nominated for "Favorite Blog" for the 2013 VegNews Awards. Her recipes have been featured on Shape.com, SkinnyLimits.com and AscensionKitchen.com. Emily lives in British Columbia, Canada.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I couldn't wait for this book to come out. This cookbook is amazing and I'm not even vegan or raw. My husband flips through the pages at night on his eReader and says, "What are we going to make this weekend?!" and "Can we make this one?? OH! Nevermind. Can we make THIS one?!"
These days we have to make double batches of everything and we limit ourselves to one piece of dessert a night (each). In the evenings on the way home from work, we often say, "Oh! We've got dessert in the fridge!" And we sometimes are known to eat dessert while making dinner.
I ordered the ebook because I was dying to have it, but will now go back and order the paper copy just for ease of use. I own many cookbooks, but this one gets 10 times the use of any other.
I was introduced to Emily's blog through a raw-food friend and after a few months of browsing her posts, I decided to try one of the recipes. From the first bite I was HOOKED.
Why I love her recipes:
1. I love that they are healthy. I had blood sugar issues and rarely have sweets. If I do, my blood sugar and weight jumps easily. However, eliminating sweets entirely has been hard. Having said that, the sugars in these desserts don't seem to be a problem for me. My blood sugar will spike after I eat, but not as high and quickly will come back down. And the desserts taste just as sweet as a traditional dessert (sometimes sweeter). How is this possible?! Because they are natural sugars maybe?? There's no processed food in the recipes. No dairy. So nice!
2. There's no baking! I LOVE this. I can make 3 recipes in the time it would take me to make one traditional dessert. No matter what dessert I try, it takes me 20 minutes.
3. I find it easy to substitute things. If I'm low on maple syrup, easy. I use can use sugar or honey (not vegan, I know) or coconut nectar. The desserts taste the same and all have the same basic components.
3. There's no cleaning pans because there's no baking. Cleaning up usually involves only my food processor (which can be put in the dishwasher) and putting back ingredients. NICE!! Now, if you've ever baked, you know cleaning up alone can take 20-30 minutes. And it's usually when I'm cleaning pans that I think, "Wow this is a ton of work!"
4. I love that she uses a lot of the same core ingredients. Coconut milk, dates, nuts, cacoa, coconut oil. I stock those in large supply - they all have a long shelf life - and you will find you have almost all the ingredients you need for most of the recipes.
5. The desserts are SOOO good. I haven't found one that I haven't loved. My husband and I will often say, "Wow, if this was served at a restaurant, it would be our favorite restaurant EVER!" I have honestly never had food that tastes this good. I think it's due to the richness of the whole foods used in each dessert. Making a crust out of cashews, maple syrup and cacoa. Look out. I can't believe how good it tastes. I was shocked at the flavors. But in the beginning I was skeptical. Ground up pecans for a crust taste NOTHING like whole pecans (I don't really care for whole pecans).
The recipes are so shockingly good, I had to make a dessert just to bring to work for our office of 60 people. They were shocked when I told them what was in the dessert and how good it tasted. It was gone in an hour with weekly requests for more.
My absolute favorite recipe is the very first one - Cashew Coffee Vanilla Creme with Cinnamon Chocolate Crust. If you're short on time, leave off the coffee glaze and it is still to die for! I have this recipe down pat. I can make it in 10 minutes. I will often make triple batches of the crust and freeze it for future use (many recipes require a crust so I will experiment with swapping out recipes crusts just for fun and convenience). This is the dessert I brought to work. Honestly, it is the best dessert I ever made in my life (and I am always making desserts for parties, neighbors and the office). It puts a boxed brownie mix to shame.
I don't think I'll ever make a traditional box dessert again. Why would you?!
Excellent job, Emily! I am a huge fan!
I am passing out to my family and friends as gifts. They finally will understand that vegan and raw are tastier than any dessert on the planet.
Thank you to the author!!