Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 231 reviews
on February 14, 2015
Well oddly Amazon thinks these are shoes when I went to write a review but whatever :)

Pros:
They aren't shoes

Great sunglasses, I lost a pair of these go kart racing, and immediately bought another pair if that says anything. I have a squareish face, so anything to large, or to wide kinda looks weird on me; these are perfect - not to large, I think the 55mm for me at least would be a bit to big to look stylish. They look great, have the classic rayban look, and you look cool without any extra added douchyness (is that a word?) that some sunglasses can cause (looking at your ENTIRE product line, Oakley).

Some things that you may not consider buying sunglasses:

These are not polarized (at least the pair I bought isn't) - this is good for photographers who use a circular polarizing filter; if you haven't ever tried this, it is not recommended to use with polarized sunglasses, as the light filter gets all wonky and you have to move your head around to be able to see what you are shooting. I'm not a professional photographer but I do use such a filter, and it was annoying as hell on my Smith Serpico's (which are polarized) trying to take a photo with it on.

The lens quality is good, especially for this price point. Maui Jim's, well, they are other worldly, but these are still very, very good. It filters out brightness and glare without making everything way to dark, and what I found particularly interesting in the fact that my first pair I didn't take good care of, I would leave them in my laptop bag out of a case, stuff them in a jacked pocket with keys and change in it, and they never even had a hint of a scratch on the lenses. I don't suggest you treat your sunglasses as such, but sometimes it happens, and its good to know that these will stand up to normal wear/tear.

I don't really have any cons, if you are a larger guy (or gal) I'd go for the 55 or 58mm size, as these may look a bit too small, but thats not really a con, just a factor you should consider. Good price, excellent quality at this price point (Maui Jim's I mentioned are 2-3x more expensive than these), and they will never, ever go out of style.

One other thing I guess just to be thorough, some squarish glasses like these have a tendency to have gaps in coverage from certain angles, i.e. the sun can occasionally make its way through the sides or top of the glasses if its hitting you in a certain way - I've never had that happen with these, so consider that a non-issue.
on March 4, 2015
Not sure why these are listed as shoes. I now own 8 pair of Ray-Ban glasses I use two pair as prescription sun glasses and the other six pair with prescription clear lenses. This is the 4th pair I have purchased from Amazon. I'm still not sure why these are in a different category from the others I purchased here, but they are authentic and look awesome. So far I have not a bad experience purchasing directly from Amazon. As for the glasses the Navy Blue looks great and the clear outline just make the frames stand out. The Ray-Ban lenses that came in them are very nice, and they have been taken out and stored securely in case I ever want to use them again. I will probably use these as my primary frames for a good while.
review image
on February 27, 2017
Great glasses. They fit well on my smallish head. The lens mirror was perfect. The watermarks were clear. Definitely genuine and well-made product.
on May 13, 2015
As far as I can tell these are the real deal Ray Ban's for lots less than retail. So what if the case is black (some reviews did not like this). For me I'll gladly pay $50 less regardless of the case. As for the 55mm vs 52mm, my suggestion is to go try on a few pairs at your local sunglass store. I'm a fairly normally sized individual (5' 10" and about 190 lbs.), but suppose I have a long narrow horse face (no, I don't resemble a horse, but I do have a more narrow face) so the 52 was for me. The 55 made me look like I was wearing those comedic oversized glasses that one would get at a carnival. Really the fit depends on your individual face so try before you buy. I like the brown lenses but they do not hide your eyes if that is what your into. Tortuous shell rims are regular color so the "Light" refers to the lenses which, by the way are crystal clear. I'd prefer to have them a bit darker but that was not an option for the brown lenses which I find better for driving. All in all, a great buy.
on June 9, 2016
Classic. Not too big or too small. Just the right size for me. Great to look through the lenses and see everything sharply detailed and also know there is a high level of protection. The case fits easily in my purse and I can put my regular glasses in it when I'm wearing the sunglasses. Glad I got these. I had a pair back in 1968 that were similar and lasted until I lost them. I'm watching this pair closely!
on November 4, 2015
Wound up returning and reordering because first pair did not fit properly. Felt like glasses in a store that had been constantly tried on so much the temples were widened. On this particular model the frames feel cheap! Other 2 models of Ray-Ban's I've ordered from Amazon feel more solid than these. These frames feel very flimsy! Unsure if they are authentic Ray-Ban's.
on June 24, 2017
What can you say about RayBan New Wayfarer sunglasses in general? How about in a sweet navy blue/clear poly frame accent? Nothing? Jealous? yeah. I bought these for my 34yo self two years ago, then for my 58yo mom a year ago, and we're both rocking them with no regrets. Are you 22 and judging? You'd be so lucky to sport these at the beach, so go for it. 😉
on July 12, 2017
Gifted these to my brother recently, he loved them. I have an old pair of Ray Bans that I've used heavily for the past 5+ years, and I am really impressed by how durable this brand is. I'm also someone who drops them on the ground often and usually shoves them in my purse (which is crammed with a lot of other things) - so especially impressive they've lasted so long. Can't speak to this pair since I just bought them, but based on my experience with my other Ray-Bans I would say glasses from this brand are worth the price. Also very stylish!
on August 9, 2015
The quality of Ray Ban sunglasses is unmistakable. The strong, smoothly finished frames, along with the sturdy hinges, provide the ruggedness that holds up to daily use. The New Wayfarer style is great for those with a slightly narrower face, and the new colors are a welcome change. The gradient polarizing lenses of this style are perfect for driving. They allow full protection when looking at the highway, while allowing you to easily see the car's controls and gauges when you look down. The only slight drawback is the interaction of the polarized lenses with the LCD displays in some smartphones and car control screens. The polarizing lenses cause a slight rainbow effect in the display, but the displays are still completely readable. I certainly wouldn't trade the protection of polarized lenses for this slight annoyance.
on June 27, 2014
I love these glasses so much. I am coming from some Oakleys that are made out of metal and let me tell you these dont feel cheap at all. These glasses arent polarized so dont go based off of the description, but base your decision off of the picture. They are exactly as shown in the picture. They are a blue frame with transparent outline which look really good. Also the lens is a "tapered" gray instead of the traditional green.

Hope this helps...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.