Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ray-Ban 0RB2132 601S7852 Square Sunglasses
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

on April 2, 2015
Ive been eying these glasses for a while now and finally decided to buy them a couple weeks ago.

I love them! they fit perfectly and look amazing. I was going back and forth between the 55mm and 52 mm but ultimately decided on the 52mm after reading A LOT of reviews. I am 6'0" 160 lbs and have a fairly narrow face. The width of the two different size do not vary that much but the 52 are noticeably more more squat (the measurement from the top of the lens to the bottom). My friend has the same pair accept in the 55mm size and I tried them on. Personally I do not like bigger sunglasses so I preferred the 52mm pair. I don't think you can go wrong with either pair it just comes down to preference in sunglass size, larger or smaller.

Attached are images of the 55m straight on and and 52mm straight on and side view

As far as authenticity that some reviews have been questioning... I am no professional but I closely compared them to my friend's and I could not see any difference whatsoever. The pair I received seem to be legit and for $70 you can't beat the price. In my opinion if you've been contemplating buying these I say do it you wont regret your decision. Happy shopping!
review image review image review image
88 comments| 467 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2015
These are my first pair of Ray-Ban's and in short I'm a happy customer. Right out of the box, based on feel alone, I could tell they were well constructed. The acetate frame feels very sturdy and has some weight to it. The metal hinges are bolstered into the frame and secured by a single screw at the joint. Like other reviewers have said the frame is darker than the pictures shown online. The tortoise pattern can be seen in brighter conditions.The sunglasses feature blue/green mirror polarized lenses. The lenses provide excellent contrast and clarity. I did notice the subtle gradient (dark to light from top to bottom) when looking through them. New Wayfarer bridges are narrower than the originals but they fit snug on my face. At the price point I got them for ($78 including tax) they're practically a steal.
on June 20, 2014
It was after i purchased this product that i noticed the other reviews that said they were fake. I did a lot of research on the web that showed all of the markings the item needed to be real. It seemed to me legit at first. I had a friend visit a couple months later with the Ray-Bans that he bought from their website. I noticed they were thicker, darker, and larger. They were quality instead of this cheap plastic. I am ashamed that i chose to purchase these through amazon.com. Now it is too late to return them even know they are not the real deal.
on May 18, 2013
I wasn't sure whether to go with the 52 or 55 mm size. In the end I ordered the 52 mm and am glad that i did. They are smaller than the classic Ray Ban sunglasses, but I like them a lot on my face. The lenses seem to be of high quality and the shade is just right (and not too dark) so that you can wear them even when it is not super bright outdoors. They are fairly light, actually lighter than I would have expected, but they seem sturdy and well built. My wife likes them so much we may have to order some for her as well.
on March 4, 2015
Not sure why these are listed as shoes. I now own 8 pair of Ray-Ban glasses I use two pair as prescription sun glasses and the other six pair with prescription clear lenses. This is the 4th pair I have purchased from Amazon. I'm still not sure why these are in a different category from the others I purchased here, but they are authentic and look awesome. So far I have not a bad experience purchasing directly from Amazon. As for the glasses the Navy Blue looks great and the clear outline just make the frames stand out. The Ray-Ban lenses that came in them are very nice, and they have been taken out and stored securely in case I ever want to use them again. I will probably use these as my primary frames for a good while.
review image
on September 24, 2015
I ordered five pairs, one for myself and four for my groomsmen (as their gift), and all five pairs of sunglasses arrived last night. Here's the breakdown of each pair...

Pair 1: Black Ray-Ban leather case, RB etching on lens, Ray-Ban paperwork, plastic sleeve over one of the arms (to prevent scuffs) grey cleaning cloth, and grey Ray-Ban cardboard case;
Pair 2: Black Ray-Ban leather case, RB etching on lens, Ray-Ban paperwork, plastic sleeve over one of the arms (to prevent scuffs) grey cleaning cloth, and grey Ray-Ban cardboard case;
Pair 3: Brown Ray-Ban leather case, RB etching on lens, no Ray-Ban paperwork, no plastic sleeve over arms of sunglasses (arms all scuffed and scratched), no cleaning cloth, came in a white/generic amazon cardboard box (not Ray-Ban branded);
Pair 4: Brown Ray-Ban leather case, RB etching on lens, no Ray-Ban paperwork, no plastic sleeve over arms of sunglasses (arms all scuffed and scratched), black cleaning cloth (different size than Pair 1 and 2), came in a white/generic amazon cardboard box (not Ray-Ban branded);
Pair 5: Brown Ray-Ban leather case, NO RB etching on lens, no paperwork, no sleeve on arms, no cloth, came in white/generic amazon cardboard box (not Ray-Ban branded).

I have exchanged pairs 3, 4, and 5 (hence leaving me 2 good pairs - see 2 out of 5 star review), and am awaiting the arrival of the new pairs. Do I think this is the fault of Amazon...NO! Amazon is happy to exchange whatever I want and go round and round until the customer is satisfied. If I get these three pairs and none are up to the quality they should be, they will be exchanged for three new pairs, and we will continue this process until I get five authentic pairs.

Here's what I believe happens...people buy counterfeit sunglasses off the street, then purchase legit sunglasses (like these) from Amazon. THEN turn around and return the counterfeit pair - leaving them with a authentic pair of sunglasses at a much cheaper price. Amazon gets the returned item into the warehouse, sees they aren't broken and then puts them back on the shelf for the next person to purchase.

I will update and adjust my review after the new pairs arrive tomorrow (9/25/15).

UPDATE 10/1/15: So it's taken a few extra days, but Amazon has ironed out everything. Meaning, I have 5 pairs of sunglasses that are all new, with zero scratches, all typical paperwork, and are all legit.

I believe most of the times people are complaining about the quality of the glasses they purchased, they probably go a return or a bootleg copy. If this happens to you, just exchange them and Amazon will make it right.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT...the glasses are very creaky. They flex quite a bit, which is nice, but I they sound like an old wooden staircase. Don't let this be a deterrent, as once they are on your face they don't make any noise :) ENJOY!
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2014
Until Luxotica bought Baush & Lomb's Ray-Ban division I used to sell them in my athletic footwear store. I preferred Ray-Ban over the trendy Oakley (at that time new and hot) because I felt it had quality over flash. Anyway, I always chose to wear aviators such as The Outdoorsman. The original Wayfarers we had in stock always seemed to not quite fit my face as it is just a bit slender. They felt large and the angle of the lens hit my upper cheeks.

These are the newer version of the Wayfarer and they do not nearly as big or as angled a lens as the original. In fact, these are definitely small and they likely will not fit just any man. You will need to be built with a slightly slender face, I think, for best results. That said, these fit me like an extremely tailored suit. There's no room to spare, but thankfully they are almost as if custom for me and as such never move around or slide. With a fit this close one might worry about fatigue from simply something gently pressing around one's ears...No problem here as they're comfortable, at least on my face, for hours.

These are excellent values at the Amazon fulfilled pricing of right at $70. The frames are Italian-made (Italy and Japan compete it would seem for highest quality eyewear frames) with understated a beautiful dark tortoise acetate which is subtle and classy. These are fitted with the G-15 lens and they're probably Ray-Ban's most sold lens for good reason. The G-15 lens is a grey-based tinted lens that really provides adequate shade for bright light while it allows true color through while doing so. While not the kind of lens one will likely use on heavy overcast days while driving this is the Swiss Army knife lens sort of speak as it does more things right for more uses than most any other lens. The G-15 lens, along with the original Ray-Ban green tinted lens (supplied to troops like my father in World War II) have stood the test of time, even with higher and higher technology these lens are "so right" they just keep selling year after year. Try them and I think you'll understand why. I will mention that my wife has a larger lensed Ray-Ban Wayfarer II pair with polarized lens that she bought from the Hut branded place in Nashville. She paid almost $200 with taxes. They are actually enough too big for me that I prefer the smaller frame, but the polarized lens are extremely nice. They're usable in much lower light like on heavy overcast days as they just don't eliminate the shear amount of light that the G-15' lens do. Are they worth $200? Not to me...I really believe if they were around no more than $10 to $20-dollars more I'd consider buying a pair of these smaller Wayfarer II's with the polarized lens, but they seem to somewhere around $40 to 50-dollars more which I just do not believe is a fair value as it doesn't cost that much additional money to produce a polarized lens. I am very happy to stick with these smaller Wayfarer II glasses with G-15 lens as they're very high quality at an extremely nice price.

So, why didn't I give these 5-stars? Well, with this smaller pair I have one wish only and that is the height of the lens is just a slight bit more shallow (less) than I would really like. This is a small thing as if the lens were too tall in height the chance of pressure to the cheek bones could creep in. But, I really believe just a small increase in the actual height of the lens would make my almost perfectly tailored sunglasses even better. This is just my opinion, but as I think I already made clear these will be too small for even some medium faces and pretty much definitely too small for outright large and round faces. If you have a slender face and have found Ray-Ban original Wayfarers to look a bit comical on you then try these smaller Wayfarer II's. I really am enjoying mine and the price/quality ration here on Amazon seals the deal.
on February 14, 2015
Well oddly Amazon thinks these are shoes when I went to write a review but whatever :)

Pros:
They aren't shoes

Great sunglasses, I lost a pair of these go kart racing, and immediately bought another pair if that says anything. I have a squareish face, so anything to large, or to wide kinda looks weird on me; these are perfect - not to large, I think the 55mm for me at least would be a bit to big to look stylish. They look great, have the classic rayban look, and you look cool without any extra added douchyness (is that a word?) that some sunglasses can cause (looking at your ENTIRE product line, Oakley).

Some things that you may not consider buying sunglasses:

These are not polarized (at least the pair I bought isn't) - this is good for photographers who use a circular polarizing filter; if you haven't ever tried this, it is not recommended to use with polarized sunglasses, as the light filter gets all wonky and you have to move your head around to be able to see what you are shooting. I'm not a professional photographer but I do use such a filter, and it was annoying as hell on my Smith Serpico's (which are polarized) trying to take a photo with it on.

The lens quality is good, especially for this price point. Maui Jim's, well, they are other worldly, but these are still very, very good. It filters out brightness and glare without making everything way to dark, and what I found particularly interesting in the fact that my first pair I didn't take good care of, I would leave them in my laptop bag out of a case, stuff them in a jacked pocket with keys and change in it, and they never even had a hint of a scratch on the lenses. I don't suggest you treat your sunglasses as such, but sometimes it happens, and its good to know that these will stand up to normal wear/tear.

I don't really have any cons, if you are a larger guy (or gal) I'd go for the 55 or 58mm size, as these may look a bit too small, but thats not really a con, just a factor you should consider. Good price, excellent quality at this price point (Maui Jim's I mentioned are 2-3x more expensive than these), and they will never, ever go out of style.

One other thing I guess just to be thorough, some squarish glasses like these have a tendency to have gaps in coverage from certain angles, i.e. the sun can occasionally make its way through the sides or top of the glasses if its hitting you in a certain way - I've never had that happen with these, so consider that a non-issue.
on March 12, 2015
Frames fit and look great. However, the marketing picture is not representative of the actual product. I ordered Matte Havana and what came is close to flat black. I contacted Ray Ban customer care - thinking I got one with an off color and they refused to help or even answer my questions.
So you judge - does my picture look like what is advertised? Sometimes you need to go to a physical store...
review image
on April 19, 2013
I read the reviews (both the bad and the good) before purchasing these sunglasses. After visiting a nearby Sunglasses Hut and loving how these cool shades looked on me, I decided to buy these sunglasses. I bought them from Amazon because it had the best deal at 40% off.

The free shipping took a week and it was packaged well. When I received it at night, everything looked right. I then watched videos on youtube on telling the authenticity of ray bans. And this is a VERY GOOD REPLICA. The logos are all in the right places, the etching is on the left len, the case is hard in the front, the booklet and cleaning cloth are included.

Yet, as other reviewers had mentioned, the quality of these are noticeably sub-par, to say the least. They creak whenever you fold or unfold them.

I also tried these on outside and inside. They lens are not like the ones on the pair that I tried on at sunglasses hut. I am returning this and will buy an authentic pair.

However, I gave this two stars because one could not tell that it's fake simply by looking at it and it's $50 cheaper.

**I hope Amazon looks into this but this will probably not happen...disappointed.