Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 25, 2015
They say Wayfarer in the name, but don't expect that classic Wayfarer fit.

Compared to the classic model Wayfarer (RB2140), this new model is a lot more upright. The old model leaned forward up top which made it rest on a lot of people's cheeks where this one rides more on the bridge of the nose (but closer to your eyelashes).

The fit and finish is great. The hinges on the arms are well-made but the plastic creaks a lot for a long time while they are getting worn in. When I say long time, I mean months and I wear mine daily almost. The overall feel is that of Ray Ban quality (that is to say excellent) while providing effortless style.

Definitely worth adding to your collection.
on June 24, 2017
What can you say about RayBan New Wayfarer sunglasses in general? How about in a sweet navy blue/clear poly frame accent? Nothing? Jealous? yeah. I bought these for my 34yo self two years ago, then for my 58yo mom a year ago, and we're both rocking them with no regrets. Are you 22 and judging? You'd be so lucky to sport these at the beach, so go for it. 😉
on February 7, 2015
I purchased these AFTER purchasing the "Original" Wayfarer from RayBan - the originals are certainly nice, but as I saw another reviewer write, "they sit on my cheeks," was a perfect way to describe the feeling of the "Originals." Now, perhaps my face is shaped differently, but I didn't like that either, so I easily returned them and purchased the New Wayfarer from RayBan - these are PERFECT. I'm not sure where all this "fake" and "authentic" talk is coming from - but these look pretty authentic to me. I am also happy that I purchased the "polarized" lenses, seem to shield even more. All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with these sunglasses. Plus.. hee hee.. they make me look good. :-)
on May 13, 2015
As far as I can tell these are the real deal Ray Ban's for lots less than retail. So what if the case is black (some reviews did not like this). For me I'll gladly pay $50 less regardless of the case. As for the 55mm vs 52mm, my suggestion is to go try on a few pairs at your local sunglass store. I'm a fairly normally sized individual (5' 10" and about 190 lbs.), but suppose I have a long narrow horse face (no, I don't resemble a horse, but I do have a more narrow face) so the 52 was for me. The 55 made me look like I was wearing those comedic oversized glasses that one would get at a carnival. Really the fit depends on your individual face so try before you buy. I like the brown lenses but they do not hide your eyes if that is what your into. Tortuous shell rims are regular color so the "Light" refers to the lenses which, by the way are crystal clear. I'd prefer to have them a bit darker but that was not an option for the brown lenses which I find better for driving. All in all, a great buy.
on June 9, 2016
Classic. Not too big or too small. Just the right size for me. Great to look through the lenses and see everything sharply detailed and also know there is a high level of protection. The case fits easily in my purse and I can put my regular glasses in it when I'm wearing the sunglasses. Glad I got these. I had a pair back in 1968 that were similar and lasted until I lost them. I'm watching this pair closely!
on June 8, 2016
These are great! Good competitive price here on Amazon. I was a little afraid of buying glasses online and not getting to see what they look like on my face, but I feel like they are a great fit. I have a big head, so this shape doesn't look ridiculous like some glasses. Before this, I only wore aviators, but felt like I needed a change. I was only wearing those because they are large and would look appropriate on my head. haha.
on July 12, 2017
Gifted these to my brother recently, he loved them. I have an old pair of Ray Bans that I've used heavily for the past 5+ years, and I am really impressed by how durable this brand is. I'm also someone who drops them on the ground often and usually shoves them in my purse (which is crammed with a lot of other things) - so especially impressive they've lasted so long. Can't speak to this pair since I just bought them, but based on my experience with my other Ray-Bans I would say glasses from this brand are worth the price. Also very stylish!
on December 25, 2016
I ordered the black frames/green lens combo. What was sent to me was matte black on clear frames with polarized lenses. I like this style RayBan and have owned at least one pair continuously for the past 15 years or so, but I specifically wanted non-polarized lenses on the black frames. Oh, well. Not the end of the world.
on January 15, 2016
ray-bans. nuff said. good quality. original, and you can catch them for good price here on amazon. these came fast and feel great. love them. the champ in classic sunglasses look. these have the two tone color, which gives it a very very unique look for different outfits and overall image. give these a try now, you will not be disappointed. you might get a second pair like I did as the two tone ray-bans come in different color combinations.
on January 20, 2016
These are a classic style and look and feel great. They arrived via USPS three days later than the projected date. They were packaged well and came as advertised with a case and lens cleaning cloth. I really love the black/clear style and the "New" shape which is just a little more refined than the original Wayfarers of my youth. These were ordered for my wife in flat black/ clear but I may have to get myself a pair too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.