Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Developed for their functional excellence. Desired for their legendary appereance.
- They are the styles that define lives.
- They are the Ray-ban Icons.
- ool was invented in 1937. Originally developed to combat the blinding glare experienced by US Air Force pilots, Aviators merged formidable design with cutting-edge technology and changed the face of society forever.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Whether you're spending your days imitating the volleyball scene from your favorite Air Force-training movie, or you just need some Ice Man-like style for your beach vacation, the Ray Ban Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses are for you. The crazy-tough metal frame won't snap like a twig when you take the highway to the danger zone, and the polycarbonate lenses dial in optimal clarity while you spin the ball on your finger and menacingly peer at your opponents like a hyena after fresh meat.
Ray-Ban is the world's most iconic eyewear brand and is a global leader in its sector. Every model in the Ray-Ban collection is the product of meticulous, original styling that translates the best of the latest fashion trends into an ever-contemporary look for millions of Ray-Ban wearers around the world. From the early Aviator style that emerged in 1937 to the introduction of the classic Wayfarer in 1952, Ray-Ban is a brand that embodies America and adventure, great cities and wide-open spaces, heroism, individuality, and authenticity. Starting with a silver screen debut in 1961, Ray-Ban sunglasses have appeared throughout hundreds of films and have been a favorite on the Hollywood scene for years, both on and off the screen. With timeless and imaginative styles, Ray-Ban consistently blends high-tech design, lenses, and materials. The collection remains true to its classic heritage while continuously evolving to meet today's fashion demands.
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 3.4 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B001VA0YZY
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 11, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:
Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.
Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com
I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!
Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
First off the boxes are different sizes.
Aside from the different size the fakes just decided to use a different box altogether.
Notice the "®" inside the ray ban logo the fonts are different very subtle but they are different.
Looking in the logo circle again notice the word "sunglasses" the black case is the fake now look at the "gla" letters on one the letters are bunched up and off center on the other the letters are perfectly spaced and on line.
The clothe to clean the lens well you see for yourself which is real and which is fake just the detailing alone is a giveaway.
Cases are cut different fakes are cut in a straight line the real ones have a nice arch to them also the feel inside the case is softer on the real ones.
Even the booklets aren't right the color is duller missing info and my goodness even the address is wrong WOW.
Back of the book looks the same but the color is way off.
Look at the etching on the fake ones the "RB" isnt where its supposed to be as opposed to the authentic where its perfectly in line with the leg of the shades.
Some other notes the "mirror" effect on the fakes seem to be louder or exaggerated as to the authentic where its not as pronounced.
So, that's the package. It's as pictured here, and I start with that description because there is always going to be some trepidation at buying something like this online. Will you get The Real Deal, or a cheap knock-off? Well, I purchased mine from Amazon, not from a third-party seller, to reduce that risk, and I am not disappointed.
Now to the sunglasses themselves. I think that there are a few things to know, for someone considering Ray-Ban sunglasses:
- they come in a very wide variety of frame sizes, lens tints and colors, polarized and non-polarized, and with different frame colors and finishes. If you are not already familiar with these sunglasses and know what you want, then my recommendation is that you first go to the Ray-Ban website and familiarize yourself with those variations, especially if you think that you will want something other than the Traditional Gold Frame, Green Lens sunglass. Once at the Ray-Ban website, select 'customize' at the top, and you'll find yourself on a page where you have the full ability to vary the choices I've summarized below. These variations can all be found on Amazon although navigating through all of the sellers and product pages on Amazon that list the different variations of these sunglasses can be very time consuming and confusing.
- For the 3025 Aviator style, the following variations are available:
--- There are no less than 35 choices of lenses - 'classic', 'legends', 'gradient', 'mirrored and flash', and 'polarized'
--- There are 8 variations in frame color - basic colors of gold and matte gold, and 'trendy' colors of black and 5 others
--- There are 5 choices of temple tips (the end of the earpiece) - black or white as basic choices, and brown, beige or transparent also available
--- There are a three different sizes available for the Ray-Ban Large Aviator RB3025. THIS IS IMPORTANT:
----------- 58 14 135: the basic standard size is 58 mm lens diameter, 14 mm bridge width, with temple length 135 mm
----------- 55 14 135: slightly smaller lens size, with same bridge width and temple length
----------- 62 14 140: larger lens size and temple length
--- There are also further variations to the Aviator sunglass:
----------- Large Aviator II RB3026: only available as 62 14 140
----------- Small Aviator RB3044: only available as 52 14 135
----------- Folding Aviator RB3479: available in 55 14 140 and 58 14 145
----------- Outdoorsman II RB3029 (includes 'brow bar' or 'sweat bar'): available in 62 14 140
----------- Outdoorsman RB3030 (includes ''brow bar' or 'sweat bar' plus cable temples): available in 58 14 160
----------- Outdoorsman II Rainbow RB3407 (with 'brow bar' in pink and possibly other color variations): available in 55 14 135 and 58 14 135
----------- Outdoorsman II Craft RB3422Q (with 'brow bar' and temple pads in genuine hand stitched deer leather): available in 58 14 135
----------- Shooter RB3138 (with 'brow bar' or 'sweat bar' and a small circle just below the brow bar. Also the lenses are placed closer together than other Aviator models): available in 58 09 135
- once you have figured out what you want, then the complexity is reduced and it's simply a matter of determining which seller is offering the best price. My own choice was to purchase from Amazon, not from a third-party seller, and I actually ordered two different pairs of sunglasses because I wanted to try both the polarized and non-polarized lenses, and the choices I found also had some variation in frame color that I thought would be worth checking out. I therefore purchased for myself, from Amazon, the following two pairs:
- Ray-Ban Men's Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses, RB3025, 58mm, polarized lens, grey frame, 135 mm temple
- Ray-Ban Men's Aviator Large Metal Non-Polarized Sunglasses, RB3025, 58mm, gold frame, 135 mm temple
The quality of these sunglasses is apparent from the first moment when you remove them from the case. The frames are very high quality, and the gold frame in particular is finished to a high polish and looks absolutely fabulous. The gray frame is less distinctive but equally handsome. I haven't used them in the sunlight for long enough yet to be able to know the difference between the polarized and non-polarized lenses, but my expectation is that the polarized lenses will be my choice for the brightest days and outdoor use, particularly occasions such as on the water. Both glasses provide a good degree of sun protection without darkening my vision overmuch. And both provide the UV protection that my eye doctor told me to get.
I think that some adjustment is going to be necessary, to the nose pieces as well as the temples, to get these to fit exactly right. I'll take them to one of the local optometrist shops and see if I can get them to help with that, so that they are adjusted correctly.
Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator. I'm pleased with my choice.