Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jordan Davis All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2626 comments| 696 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 26, 2013
I ordered this pair of sunglasses for my husband as an xmas gift. I felt secure in the purchase because this was originally listed as 'sold by Amazon' as opposed to merely 'fulfilled by Amazon'.

Well, something changed I guess.

Unfortunately, I cannot speak in terms of the seller because I cannot say who ended up actually filling this order, but it wasn't Amazon.

I would also like, at the very least, to say that I received a fake pair of Ray Ban aviators, but that is far too generous. A fake implies that some effort was put in to make the product mirror that which I thought I was buying. Wouldn't that be nice? But nope. I received a random pair of 5-dollar aviator sunglasses with a Ray Ban sticker on them. No markings on the frames, no markings on the lenses, not even the slightest effort made to trick me. To that I feel somewhat insulted. I cannot imagine a world existing where a person would receive this product and think "awesome, just what I paid $150 dollars for!!" What a joke.

Because I made the specific effort to assure I was ordering directly from Amazon and still had my order fulfilled by some random seller, I would encourage any shopper looking at this sort of item to walk away, save your money, and spend a few more dollars for the privilege of not getting ripped off. As a long time Amazon shopper, I can say that my confidence in this company has been significantly shaken.

I love xmas - it gives me a chance to finally spoil the people who I love and who do so much for me throughout the year. Thanks for finally allowing me to bestow upon someone an awful pair of random sunglasses in a ripped up, fake Ray Ban box. A dream come true. Unbelievable.
1717 comments| 693 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 12, 2014
I have had this model of Raybans for the last 15 years or so! They still look great, the glass lenses still are perfect!
However when the price was right on a special sale, I bought a "Backup" pair to stick in a drawer to replace my current ones, if and when they die!
When I find something that I love, I stay with it!
on December 30, 2014
The Best Sunglasses I Have Ever Had On My FAce. Keep The Sun Out Without Any Distortion Of Images Or Colors. I Have Sunglasses That Cost Twice As Much As This Pair However The Quality Is Far Less Than Ray-Bans. Premium Glasses For A Great Price, I Will Not Ever Use Any Other Sunglasses!!!!
on February 10, 2016
I have now bought 3 pair of these due to losing them. I love these glasses, well made and look awesome.
on June 12, 2016
Quick deliver. Wear them every day. Have held up wonderful.
on July 31, 2013
Measure the size of one Lens in mm to get the right size. These were perfect. Great Buy! My husband loved them.
on November 6, 2014
Plain and simple - well built sunglasses. The fit and styling are awesome
on December 30, 2014
Too big for my face but other than that they are as expected just not for me
on December 19, 2015
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.