Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 26, 2013
I ordered this pair of sunglasses for my husband as an xmas gift. I felt secure in the purchase because this was originally listed as 'sold by Amazon' as opposed to merely 'fulfilled by Amazon'.

Well, something changed I guess.

Unfortunately, I cannot speak in terms of the seller because I cannot say who ended up actually filling this order, but it wasn't Amazon.

I would also like, at the very least, to say that I received a fake pair of Ray Ban aviators, but that is far too generous. A fake implies that some effort was put in to make the product mirror that which I thought I was buying. Wouldn't that be nice? But nope. I received a random pair of 5-dollar aviator sunglasses with a Ray Ban sticker on them. No markings on the frames, no markings on the lenses, not even the slightest effort made to trick me. To that I feel somewhat insulted. I cannot imagine a world existing where a person would receive this product and think "awesome, just what I paid $150 dollars for!!" What a joke.

Because I made the specific effort to assure I was ordering directly from Amazon and still had my order fulfilled by some random seller, I would encourage any shopper looking at this sort of item to walk away, save your money, and spend a few more dollars for the privilege of not getting ripped off. As a long time Amazon shopper, I can say that my confidence in this company has been significantly shaken.

I love xmas - it gives me a chance to finally spoil the people who I love and who do so much for me throughout the year. Thanks for finally allowing me to bestow upon someone an awful pair of random sunglasses in a ripped up, fake Ray Ban box. A dream come true. Unbelievable.
1717 comments| 697 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2626 comments| 696 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2014
The Best Sunglasses I Have Ever Had On My FAce. Keep The Sun Out Without Any Distortion Of Images Or Colors. I Have Sunglasses That Cost Twice As Much As This Pair However The Quality Is Far Less Than Ray-Bans. Premium Glasses For A Great Price, I Will Not Ever Use Any Other Sunglasses!!!!
on January 10, 2016
I have chronic dry eye problems and must wear sunglasses whenever I am outside so I am very familiar with different brands and I own 3 pairs of RayBan RB3025 which are my go-to sunglasses if I know I am going to be wearing them any length of time, like 3-4 hours straight. Other brands just become too uncomfortable after an hour or so.

With all the gorgeous new colors RB is now producing, I ordered two pairs of Ray-Ban RB3025, one a dark purple, Violet Mirror, and one pair of a lighter purple, Lilac Mirror. I thought I would give one pair to my niece as a surprise gift.

Both pairs of sunglasses were delivered in the same box but when I opened up the individual RB boxes, I was surprised to find two pairs of dark purple, Violet Mirror, sunglasses. The sunglasses were identical but oddly enough the numbers on the boxes and on the sunglasses were different.

Now how can this be? Same exact color, style, etc but different numbers on the RayBan package and sunglasses arm.

Originally, I was thinking that there was a mistake in the packing and someone put two identical pairs of RayBan instead of the dark purple and lilac pair that I had ordered. But with further investigation, I found that the ID numbers on the box and the sunglasses were different, even though visually both pairs of sunglasses were identical in color, size and every other aspect. Logically, if the sunglasses were identical shouldn't they have identical style, color, etc numbers?
on June 19, 2017
The sunglasses look great.. but the color is intense and darker than what is shown..
on October 23, 2013
This is my third pair of Aviators, which are tied for first place with Wayfarers as my favorite sunglasses of all time. The fit of the Aviators is perfect and everyone looks good in them. They have more lens area than Wayfarers, which makes them the perfect driving lenses. You see more of the world and less of the frame with Aviators. Fit, finish, quality are all superb. G-15 glass lenses are of optical quality. Frame is extremely well made. Glasses feel very light while wearing. The difference in cool factor between these and Wayfarers - Aviators are "military pilot" cool. Wayfarers are "musician" cool. Both looks work for the vast majority of people. One warning: treat your Aviators with respect and always put them in their case when not wearing them. The reason these are my third pair is that I did not treat my last two pairs with respect and sat on both of them by accident, which they will not recover from. The Wayfarers are a lot tougher.
on November 23, 2014
nice n cheap
on January 2, 2014
As many fakes as there are out there these seem to be the real thing. Excellent quality, sturdy and everything you expect from Ray-Ban. Engraving on lens and the case quality both support this being the real thing. They look great and the vision quality confirms their looks.
on January 16, 2014
Great packaging, beautiful specs & arrived prior to estimated delivery by 4 days! Only thing I was disappointed with were in the pic, the plastic on the ear wrap looked like an ivory white, it's more of a light brown color, but pretty minor detail. These are the real deal for sure.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.