Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,501 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,871 reviews
on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2525 comments| 611 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
I got the all black ones and i absolutely love them. They are half the price of the ones i almost bought at sunglass hut and you can tell they are authentic by the engraved "RB." I think I am going to order another pair!!
review image review image
1313 comments| 337 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
I am so disappointed to see that the Ray Ban printed on the Glass is chipping out in just a little over one month after I bought it. See the image.
review image
77 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2016
Authentic Ray-Bans. ORDERED from DELUXE ZOOM. The best sunglasses I've received.
on June 5, 2016
Guys be extra careful where you order your shades from i got these from Jones Deals for a great price and fulfilled by amazon so i thought since they have the "fulfilled by amazon" stamp they had to be legit right ? Wrong wrong wrong these are "ok" knockoffs and if you dont anything about ray bans you will get fooled. The very next day i got a new pair direct from amazon with no middle man in between and boy its like night and day.

First off the boxes are different sizes.

Aside from the different size the fakes just decided to use a different box altogether.

Notice the "®" inside the ray ban logo the fonts are different very subtle but they are different.

Looking in the logo circle again notice the word "sunglasses" the black case is the fake now look at the "gla" letters on one the letters are bunched up and off center on the other the letters are perfectly spaced and on line.

The clothe to clean the lens well you see for yourself which is real and which is fake just the detailing alone is a giveaway.

Cases are cut different fakes are cut in a straight line the real ones have a nice arch to them also the feel inside the case is softer on the real ones.

Even the booklets aren't right the color is duller missing info and my goodness even the address is wrong WOW.

Back of the book looks the same but the color is way off.

Look at the etching on the fake ones the "RB" isnt where its supposed to be as opposed to the authentic where its perfectly in line with the leg of the shades.

Some other notes the "mirror" effect on the fakes seem to be louder or exaggerated as to the authentic where its not as pronounced.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2016
Purchased from the seller: BlueMoonDeals

The Rayban 55mm polarized sunglasses with green lenses and gold frame which I ordered didn't have the white writing on the left inside temple. Real ones should have this.

Also, in bright sunlight there were gray dots in the lens.

In comparison to a recent "identical" pair which I bought from a RayBan store, these are flimsier and lighter in weight, and the lenses are more dull.
on March 23, 2016
Authentic Ray-Bans. This was the second pair we ordered. The first pair was a size 55 and they looked like child sized glasses on my husband's face. He lost his old pair and we couldn't figure out what size he previously had. He did not want the over sized large ones that I love. We bought these in a size 62 and they were exactly what he wanted. You can't beat the quality of Ray-Ban's and you can't beat the price on Amazon!!
on April 7, 2016
These appear to be fake. They are missing the engraved "RB" on the lenses. Also the arms are completely different from my other RB3025s these were purchased from Summer Group
on April 14, 2015
I have been wearing the Ray Ban Aviators since the mid 60's and believe this "gunmetal" frame to be the most attractive they have introduced in many a year. The Ray Ban name is one I am familiar with and believe to be very well constructed and durable (this is the 8th pair I have purchased - and I have been wearing ONLY this brand, and style since 1966 - and my military service cost me 2 pair). Quite an improvement from the gold, or even the black frames of earlier models. My being an "average" size person the 58mm lens is much better than the 62mm, though if I could have found the 55mm in a larger frame I would have like to try them. While Ray Ban will not stay in business based on my purchases, they have a most dedicated customer. This seller shipped promptly and provided exactly what they advertised - no fakes here. Would highly recommend both the seller and the product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.