Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,385 reviews
on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2525 comments| 613 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
I got the all black ones and i absolutely love them. They are half the price of the ones i almost bought at sunglass hut and you can tell they are authentic by the engraved "RB." I think I am going to order another pair!!
review image review image
1111 comments| 339 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2015
I am so disappointed to see that the Ray Ban printed on the Glass is chipping out in just a little over one month after I bought it. See the image.
review image
77 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2016
Authentic Ray-Bans. ORDERED from DELUXE ZOOM. The best sunglasses I've received.
on June 5, 2016
Guys be extra careful where you order your shades from i got these from Jones Deals for a great price and fulfilled by amazon so i thought since they have the "fulfilled by amazon" stamp they had to be legit right ? Wrong wrong wrong these are "ok" knockoffs and if you dont anything about ray bans you will get fooled. The very next day i got a new pair direct from amazon with no middle man in between and boy its like night and day.

First off the boxes are different sizes.

Aside from the different size the fakes just decided to use a different box altogether.

Notice the "®" inside the ray ban logo the fonts are different very subtle but they are different.

Looking in the logo circle again notice the word "sunglasses" the black case is the fake now look at the "gla" letters on one the letters are bunched up and off center on the other the letters are perfectly spaced and on line.

The clothe to clean the lens well you see for yourself which is real and which is fake just the detailing alone is a giveaway.

Cases are cut different fakes are cut in a straight line the real ones have a nice arch to them also the feel inside the case is softer on the real ones.

Even the booklets aren't right the color is duller missing info and my goodness even the address is wrong WOW.

Back of the book looks the same but the color is way off.

Look at the etching on the fake ones the "RB" isnt where its supposed to be as opposed to the authentic where its perfectly in line with the leg of the shades.

Some other notes the "mirror" effect on the fakes seem to be louder or exaggerated as to the authentic where its not as pronounced.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on October 3, 2015
Awesome
review image
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator sunglasses arrived today, and I'm completely satisfied. What I received was undoubtably the REAL Ray-Ban product: packaged in a Ray-Ban box with sticker on the end including the 'Made in Italy' statement and including the Ray-Ban sunglasses case, a small 'manufacturer's information note' paper that is written in no less than 24 languages (!!!) - and I'm not joking (I counted). Plus a small marketing brochure 'The Icons' telling the story of Ray-Ban, and finally a lens cleaning cloth with the Ray-Ban logo. The sunglasses themselves have the Ray-Ban logo etched on the right lens prominently, and very subtly etched on the left lens.

So, that's the package. It's as pictured here, and I start with that description because there is always going to be some trepidation at buying something like this online. Will you get The Real Deal, or a cheap knock-off? Well, I purchased mine from Amazon, not from a third-party seller, to reduce that risk, and I am not disappointed.

Now to the sunglasses themselves. I think that there are a few things to know, for someone considering Ray-Ban sunglasses:

- they come in a very wide variety of frame sizes, lens tints and colors, polarized and non-polarized, and with different frame colors and finishes. If you are not already familiar with these sunglasses and know what you want, then my recommendation is that you first go to the Ray-Ban website and familiarize yourself with those variations, especially if you think that you will want something other than the Traditional Gold Frame, Green Lens sunglass. Once at the Ray-Ban website, select 'customize' at the top, and you'll find yourself on a page where you have the full ability to vary the choices I've summarized below. These variations can all be found on Amazon although navigating through all of the sellers and product pages on Amazon that list the different variations of these sunglasses can be very time consuming and confusing.

- For the 3025 Aviator style, the following variations are available:
--- There are no less than 35 choices of lenses - 'classic', 'legends', 'gradient', 'mirrored and flash', and 'polarized'
--- There are 8 variations in frame color - basic colors of gold and matte gold, and 'trendy' colors of black and 5 others
--- There are 5 choices of temple tips (the end of the earpiece) - black or white as basic choices, and brown, beige or transparent also available
--- There are a three different sizes available for the Ray-Ban Large Aviator RB3025. THIS IS IMPORTANT:
----------- 58 14 135: the basic standard size is 58 mm lens diameter, 14 mm bridge width, with temple length 135 mm
----------- 55 14 135: slightly smaller lens size, with same bridge width and temple length
----------- 62 14 140: larger lens size and temple length
--- There are also further variations to the Aviator sunglass:
----------- Large Aviator II RB3026: only available as 62 14 140
----------- Small Aviator RB3044: only available as 52 14 135
----------- Folding Aviator RB3479: available in 55 14 140 and 58 14 145
----------- Outdoorsman II RB3029 (includes 'brow bar' or 'sweat bar'): available in 62 14 140
----------- Outdoorsman RB3030 (includes ''brow bar' or 'sweat bar' plus cable temples): available in 58 14 160
----------- Outdoorsman II Rainbow RB3407 (with 'brow bar' in pink and possibly other color variations): available in 55 14 135 and 58 14 135
----------- Outdoorsman II Craft RB3422Q (with 'brow bar' and temple pads in genuine hand stitched deer leather): available in 58 14 135
----------- Shooter RB3138 (with 'brow bar' or 'sweat bar' and a small circle just below the brow bar. Also the lenses are placed closer together than other Aviator models): available in 58 09 135

- once you have figured out what you want, then the complexity is reduced and it's simply a matter of determining which seller is offering the best price. My own choice was to purchase from Amazon, not from a third-party seller, and I actually ordered two different pairs of sunglasses because I wanted to try both the polarized and non-polarized lenses, and the choices I found also had some variation in frame color that I thought would be worth checking out. I therefore purchased for myself, from Amazon, the following two pairs:

Ray-Ban Men's Aviator Large Metal Sunglasses, RB3025, 58mm, polarized lens, grey frame, 135 mm temple
Ray-Ban Men's Aviator Large Metal Non-Polarized Sunglasses, RB3025, 58mm, gold frame, 135 mm temple

The quality of these sunglasses is apparent from the first moment when you remove them from the case. The frames are very high quality, and the gold frame in particular is finished to a high polish and looks absolutely fabulous. The gray frame is less distinctive but equally handsome. I haven't used them in the sunlight for long enough yet to be able to know the difference between the polarized and non-polarized lenses, but my expectation is that the polarized lenses will be my choice for the brightest days and outdoor use, particularly occasions such as on the water. Both glasses provide a good degree of sun protection without darkening my vision overmuch. And both provide the UV protection that my eye doctor told me to get.

I think that some adjustment is going to be necessary, to the nose pieces as well as the temples, to get these to fit exactly right. I'll take them to one of the local optometrist shops and see if I can get them to help with that, so that they are adjusted correctly.

Ray-Ban 3025 Aviator. I'm pleased with my choice.
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2015
Absolutely great!! My order came a day early than expected and I am so pleased with my new sunglasses!
on April 7, 2016
These appear to be fake. They are missing the engraved "RB" on the lenses. Also the arms are completely different from my other RB3025s these were purchased from Summer Group
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.