Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 1,390 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,449 reviews
on September 1, 2015
This is what I purchased:

Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses,Black/Green Polarized,52 mm
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
********************************************************************************************

Packaging:
Sunglasses came in black Ray-Ban leather case, which is inside a white box, which is in another Amazon Prime box. Where is the original box that ALL Ray-Ban sunglasses come in? I want to know all the details about this $110 sunglasses that I bought. I want EVERYTHING that comes with it originally.

Sunglasses:
* Arrived with no plastic sleeves on the arms (like it's supposed to).
* Fingerprints AND sticky residue all over the lens and frame. It was really gross. There was a huge blob of sticky residue behind the "Ray-Ban" logo. Sketchy much?
* No stickers on the sunglasses' lens like the sticker to indicate it is polarized.
* RB sketch on the lens were not smooth and was on the front of lens. It seems like there was a difficulty in sketching the "R" because top of it was even. (I compared this to a authentic RB2132 non-polarized sunglasses. The authentic sunglasses had smooth RB sketch on the inside of the lens.)
* Left arm inside prints were unaligned--the model should be printed closer to the hinge.
* Right arm print not clear.
* The polarized lens are definitely polarized, but it has some type of film on the inside of the lens where it would reflect green/purple light. I don't remember seeing this in the stores, but I have never owned polarized lens before so I don't know if this should be the case or not.
* The arms (when folded) were not cut smoothly.

Case:
The sunglasses case were leather and it seemed authentic enough; however, the stitching wasn't perfect. There was a loose end.

Conclusion:
FAKE! This seems like a very GOOD fake. If I am wrong, and it is not a fake, then at least Amazon should sell it with its original retail box. I have owned two Ray-Ban sunglasses before and I know how they should be packaged. This was all wrong. The glasses need to arrive in clean and new condition too. Those fingerprints and sticky residue were really gross. I didn't even want to touch the sunglasses. I had to wipe it off with some Lysol wipes before even trying it on.
44 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2015
Be wary of what you receive..

I purchased the Ray-Ban RB2132 52M Black Polarized direct from Amazon.com, however I received the box open and held together by Scotch tape. The sticker was not present, nor were the plastic sleeves that should be on the hinges (these are not my first pairs of Ray-Bans). Not only did they look like they have been used, they also make a creaking noise indicating they might be fake.

I purchased these to replace an aging pair of the same glasses which I bought direct from the Ray-Ban/Luxottica website. These are fantastic sunglasses that are stylish and functional, which I totally recommend, but because they are very popular, there are many fakes. Upon receiving these, definitely check for genuineness to make sure you got your money's worth. Even Amazon itself can slip up.
on April 23, 2016
The search is over! I was recently told I have some permanant sun damage and need to wear polarized lenses. I have an oval, petite face and the 52mm matte havana blue green lens are the perfect fit! I've bought literally 14 pairs of glasses from various stores but these glasses work in every category! They are fashionable, comfortable, fit well, clear. I love that they aren't super dark so I can wear them until the sun goes down and on rainy but brighter days.

When I first put them on, I was disappointed that it felt like sunlight was coming in through the top as the 52mm are fairly small glasses. However, I wore them on a very bright, sunny day for hours and didn't notice it to be a problem at all. You can see my eyes so if you are the type of person that doesn't want that, these aren't the glasses for you. I don't mind.

The color of the glasses and the lenses are different but not crazy or too trendy. They are really cool and I hope to wear them for years!

I did try out some maui jims, revo, costa during my search. They all had great clarity but the Ray-Ban was the best fit for my small, feminine face.
on December 2, 2016
Due to unfortunate events, absent-mindedness, and a chewaholic dog, I'm now on my fourth pair of these. They are my go-to sunglasses and I have them in both regular and prescription polarized lenses. They are the best all-around sunglasses I've ever had - both because of the timeless style that goes with everything, as well as the excellent construction, high quality lenses, and consistency from one pair to the next. The polarized lenses really shine when on the water or the road - they make a big difference in cutting out glare (though like all polarized lenses they can play tricks with phone screens or car displays - very minor drawback in my opinion). Possibly the biggest benefit though is that these (like many Ray-Ban glasses) come in multiple sizes. I have a narrow face and finding glasses that look good can be a challenge. These (in the smaller width) fit perfectly. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these sunglasses, just be sure to keep them out of reach of your dog =).
on July 9, 2016
I love these Wayfarers. You know they're Ray-Ban quality because of the sturdiness and heft to them. I've now had them for almost 6 months and the hinges have yet to become loose. I can hang my Wayfarers from the neck of my shirt and not worry about them swinging off and falling to the ground.

No scratches have appeared on my lenses nor have I noticed any defects (though I do take really good care of my sunglasses). As for fit, I went with the 55mm frames. I'm 5'8" and have a smallish but normal-width face. The 55mm fit well and look proportionate on my face. My opinion is that the 52mm are good for smaller individuals, people with narrow faces, or women.

As for authenticity, I've owned several pairs of Ray-Bans and I'm pretty certain these are the real deal. They feel too solid and well-built to be knockoffs (my seller was Amazon.com itself, too). Your sunglasses should come with the fitted Ray-Ban pouch, lens cloth, and Ray-Ban booklet. I would just be sure that the seller you choose is Amazon.com, a reputable company like Sunglass Hut, or a company whose orders are fulfilled by Amazon.
on May 18, 2013
I wasn't sure whether to go with the 52 or 55 mm size. In the end I ordered the 52 mm and am glad that i did. They are smaller than the classic Ray Ban sunglasses, but I like them a lot on my face. The lenses seem to be of high quality and the shade is just right (and not too dark) so that you can wear them even when it is not super bright outdoors. They are fairly light, actually lighter than I would have expected, but they seem sturdy and well built. My wife likes them so much we may have to order some for her as well.
on October 31, 2015
I love these. I had the original Wayfarers way back when I was a teenager in the 80s, and for me, they will forever be the symbol of Southern California summer, learning to drive, and hanging out at the beach with my friends. I love the shape and fit of the New Wayfarers, and I love that they come in my favorite tortoiseshell. A note on fit: I originally tried these on at an eyeglass shop and decided on the 55mm, because I wanted a more oversized look. I ordered them in the 55mm, but they were too big to stay on my face. The issue wasn't so much the width of the frames (although they were too wide), but the length of the temples (the long pieces that go along the sides of the head). They extended beyond the curve of my head and the curve over the ears didn't start until well behind my ears, so that the glasses kept slipping down my nose, and every time I tipped my head forward, they slid off. I sent them back and got the 52mm, and they fit perfectly. The lenses are a bit smaller, but still block out enough sunlight, and the temples fit well--close to my head and curving just at the tops of my ears, so they stay on. I am a tall (5'11") woman with a somewhat narrow head. I think the 52mm would fit average to smaller females, younger teens, or tweens. Women with larger faces, older teen boys, and adult males would probably prefer the 55mm. The 55mm fit my husband and teen son well.
on July 6, 2015
These are my first pair of Ray-Ban's and in short I'm a happy customer. Right out of the box, based on feel alone, I could tell they were well constructed. The acetate frame feels very sturdy and has some weight to it. The metal hinges are bolstered into the frame and secured by a single screw at the joint. Like other reviewers have said the frame is darker than the pictures shown online. The tortoise pattern can be seen in brighter conditions.The sunglasses feature blue/green mirror polarized lenses. The lenses provide excellent contrast and clarity. I did notice the subtle gradient (dark to light from top to bottom) when looking through them. New Wayfarer bridges are narrower than the originals but they fit snug on my face. At the price point I got them for ($78 including tax) they're practically a steal.
on December 3, 2015
Sunglasses are hard to review as they are largely based on personal preference. I like the fit of the new wayfarers vs the originals as they are a little smaller and fit my face a bit better. I use these for casual wear and when I run and am on the field coaching. These are my 2nd pair of the same sunglasses. My first pair are still with me after 2 years, but the lenses cracked (my fault). I liked them enough that I wanted a backup pair while I explored options to repair my first pair. I will say that the first pair has held up very well and the replacement lenses are very reasonable for a polarized lens. About $59 shipped from Luxottica. The lenses are crystal/glass. The blue to brown fade of the lens are nice when driving in he car as the upper half of the lens is darker and if I need to glance down to look at the dash, the lower half of the lens is lighter. I'm pretty hard on my sunglasses and these have been thrown in a backpack, fallen off my head, stepped on, and still fit. The tortoise frame is subtle with a matte finish. The hinge is a little less tight, but still firm after 2 years. The glass lens is super clear and polarization is great. There were a lot less scratches on the lens after 2 years of daily use.

Happy with the first pair and glad that I have a backup. They are popular enough to that I feel good that replacement lenses will be easy to find if anything ever happens in the future.
on March 12, 2017
This is my 5th pair of Rayban Wayfarers, but only second pair of the new, smaller framed model. I love the sunglasses; they're dark enough so that I don't have to squint in bright sunlight, but not so dark that I have a problem with driving. These are polarized, which as long as I can afford them I will always buy! Polarized really cuts the glare, and though they are more expensive, for me, they're worth it. I had my last pair of new wayfarers for about three years and recently lost them (heartbreak) or I wouldn't have bought this new pair – since the old ones were still going strong . Very well-made, classic, great !