Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 518 reviews
on April 22, 2014
I poured over reviews of these, and went to the Sunglass hut many times before deciding to buy. I was really worried since SGH sells these for $179 and RayBan sells them for $150. I bought them then spent probably a couple hours watching YouTube videos and reading articles on how to spot fake RayBans. The problem is everyone has a different opinion on what makes a fake pair of RayBans and most of the guides are for the original Wayfarers. My conclusion was these are real, if they are fakes I think they would fool even Luxotica. They feel very high quality, the hinges are good, they have the metal rod in the arms. The RB etching is smooth, the side logos are virtually flush (you can only tell it is raised if you run your finger over it. I even tried scratching off the RB logo on the right lens and it would not come off (some say fakes will peel off with scratching).

Here is my theory on why these are so cheap. After talking with the sales associate at SGH he said they do a 90 day return on all glasses. My guess was that when people return a pair of glasses after 3 months they don't want to just trash them so they give them to Amazon at a discounted rate and Amazon sells them. The sales associate at SGH told me they ship back glasses to HQ after a return but could not confirm what they do with them. I really have no other evidence for my theory it is just a complete guess.

As for the glasses. I'm glad I went with the Black New Wayfarer (Green G-15 lens) because I find them better looking on me and more comfortable than the originals. The sturdy build keeps them on my face and they don't slide around like my old RB knockoffs. I wear these on my daily commute in my car, and most other activities outside. Last weekend I went four-wheeling, horseback riding, and rock climbing with these and they were much better than my old glasses. I had a hard time wanting to spend $179 on these at the SGH but I am very happy to have spent $79 on Amazon. I felt bad for not getting them at the store but it is really hard to pass up saving $100.

***UPDATE*** I had these glasses on me and was in a Lens Crafters looking for new prescription glasses and saw they sell RayBans so I decided to do a comparison. I am now positive the ones I purchased on Amazon are real. There was no difference than the ones in Lens Crafters. Both pairs you can feel the Ray Ban logo on the lens if you scratch at it, you can feel the RB logo on both lenses and on both pair the RayBan logo on the left arm is slightly raised and the one on the right arm is flush. The printing on the arms were in the same spot and the hinges all feel the same. I have no idea why they are so much cheaper but I purchased another pair for my wife since they are $100 less than at the store.

After using these for a while I do wish I had purchased the polarized version. I spend quite a bit of time in my car commuting and while driving I do get glare in these lenses. I sometimes think the glare is a smudge on the lens. It's only a minor annoyance and has not stopped me from wearing them. They are fine for all other activities I do, but the next pair I get will be the polarized ones to keep in my car for driving.
on May 1, 2014
I ordered the black with polarized lenses from both amazon and Nordstrom. The packages are similar but the red prints on Nordstrom pair are a bit brighter. However the pair from Amazon is definitely being worn before or at least not new----you can see the dirt and some grease on it! Somebody tried this pair and maybe then returned it without cleaning it up? I compared two pairs together they do look similar, but as one previous comment mentioned, when you lay the pair on a flat surface, the amazon pair's uneven, one leg does not touch the surface, and Nordstrom pair doesn't have this issue at all. I'm keeping the pair I got from Nordstrom, at least I'm 100% sure it's real Ray Ban, worth paying extra 50 bucks.
on January 10, 2016
I really like the sunglasses; and when I was reading the reviews about the condition the Rayban boxes come in, it was a huge concern for me. I ordered it anyways because I thought it'd be a great gift for my boyfriend. The box did come all beat up just like what some other reviewers said. The glasses were in good condition along with the glasses case.

The box was my main pet peeve. I shouldn't-or anyone for that matter-should be worried what condition their product order is.

Other than that, the 52mm was a little small for my boyfriend. I was trying to compare with other people's faces and the comments, and I thought the 52mm would fit better since I did read some people saying they have a wider face thought the 55mm was too big. It was my bad for assuming so. I'm going to exchange it for the 55mm. But like a couple of other people said, just go to maybe the Sunglass Hut or a Rayban store. It helps a lot.
on February 26, 2012
First off this is 100% Authentic!!!!

Bought RB2132 Black 55mm from Amazon.com Took 2 days to arrive.

Logo is in the correct spot for the lens, made out of nice glass too.

RB etching is present and viewable from all angles.

The metal rod runs through the arms.

Case is a solid brown case, hard metal feeling from the front, and firm in the back all wrapped in leather or what I think is leather.

Nice fit. I think 55mm is the safe bet when ordering these because they fit almost everyone.

The "Sunglass Hut" near me only sells 55mm, probably because 52 doesnt sell?

Only downside, these glasses collect dust easily, and they are a fingerprint magnet.

One thing I noticed is that one of the arms swings out a tad bit (verrrry small difference) faster than the other. This is not noticeable since you only realize it if you jerk the glasses a little holding it from the nose piece. NO ONE WILL NOTICE THIS, and im sure that the ones bought at retail do this as well.

I saved a lot of moola, and money on gas! So if you want to save money order from amazon through "amazon.com"

I contacted Paris Miki, and they are authorized sellers but Amazon is the safe bet when it comes to vendors for these shades!

ORDER NOW!!!! No read to continue reading!!!
on July 24, 2014
Bought the black polarized. I don't understand what all the bad reviews are for. These are fantastic! Very cool and well made. The 52's fit perfect and I'm an adult man (5' 10" 170lbs Normal..... head? lol). Authentic Ray Ban's, mine are marked "made in Italy". There are no defects, the frame is strong and straight and everything is perfectly in place. Comes with a case and lens cloth. I'm very happy with my purchase and would not hesitate to buy another pair or recommend these to anyone.
on April 6, 2013
I have never had Ray-Bans before this...

I bought the 52mm Black Rubber Frame/Green Lens. I am really happy with the size. I purchased them anticipating for them to look nice and big (classic 80's style) but not massive. But, upon opening them they were smaller than I thought they would be. After putting them on I actually really liked how they looked and am glad I didn't get the bigger 55mm size.

Real or fake? I watched and read tons of stuff online to distinguish the two and these are definitely real except for one small thing. The case mine came with does NOT have a gold sticker/tag on it. There is simply a black stamp where it should be. Although not what I think should be there, I still believe they are real. They are VERY sturdy and nothing seems cheap about them. With these, you know you are getting quality glasses.

These fit great on my face. They do not feel like they are going to slide around at all. I have yet to try the ultimate test (motorcycle test) so I can't say for sure. The rubber frames seem to hug and 'stick' to you better than I imagine the classic Wayfarer would (but I don't know, I've never had the classic).

Oh, and it comes with the glasses, case, cleaning cloth, and little Ray-Ban pamphlet.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
I've bought several different styles and brands of sunglasses over the last few years and nothing has compared to these yet. Ray Ban aviators, Bucci glacier glasses, Oakley Inmates, other Oakleys, etc. I've bought and worn based on the style, but none have matched style and comfort more than these. I'll admit sometimes I've made the mistake and got 52mm sunglasses that were a tad too small, but the main discomfort I experience is how the glasses sit on the nose. I always get redmarks from the pressure with the other ones, not so much with the new wayfarers. Plus, its not usual that I get excited about wearing a pair of sunglasses, these are just awesome. I had to make sure I bought the 55mm pair so they'd fit my big face. Just sort of rambling for this review so I apologize. For $100 I say they're worth it. And if they were counterfeit like that negative review, I wouldn't be able to tell. They fit nicely, they aren't falling apart, they seem well made, the logo doesn't look like crap. I own 2 other pairs of ray bans that I know are real. These seem legit too, if they aren't, I couldn't really care less because they look awesome and feel awesome. I feel sometimes like one of the characters from Resevoir Dogs when I put them on. There I go again rambling...
Buy them, you will not be disappointed I hope.
on June 25, 2013
I have been reading the reviews on these, as I just bought a pair through Amazon, and there are a lot of people saying that the quality seems off due to the squeakiness and flimsiness of the frame, and that they might be fake. While I haven't received my pair yet, I bought a pair straight from Macy's last week for $190 and my husband about fell over when he heard how much I spent, because the quality seemed so poor. The ones bought from Macy's had all of the problems described by others on here - squeaky, somewhat flimsy, falls off the head etc. I honestly think this is just the difference between the regular wayfarers and the new wayfarers. That or they needed to be fitted (they do this at Macy's, but it wasn't offered to me until my return). Because I love the look of the glasses, I am willing to spend $115 on Amazon, but that extra $75 makes the difference for me.

Update: I received my glasses and they are the EXACT same as the ones I bought from Macy's. These are NOT fake.
on February 27, 2014
These are my best pair of glasses. They fit perfectly and they are just the right size. Not too big or small at 55mm. Im glad I chose that size. I have a smaller head but the 52's would obviously been much too small. The 55s are not the over-sized raybans you may picture in your head, they are probably best described as the medium of the sizes. Perfect if you're not going for an over the top look.

One big indication that these are legit is the lenses. I don't even have to pull down my visor while driving. The lenses filter the light so well, I can see clearly and comfortably with no squinting even with the sun full on in my eyes. They feel sturdy. Sure there isnt much to them but they just dont feel cheap. The case is nice as well. The first pair of glasses Im actually going to keep in their case.
on March 31, 2014
While on vacation in Orlando I looked for this particular model of Ray Ban glasses at different outlet malls. Normally, RB2132 price range from $185 to $149. However, found the same product at Amazon for $85 with tax. Great quality as always. Thanks

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.