Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 18, 2016
Pretty much 100% sure these are fake... The first time I went to clean them with a damp cloth, the Ray Ban logo wiped right off (you can see the remnants in the upper left). Disappointing.
24 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 6, 2015
Ordered the 55mm and they were too wide/loose on my face. Then I ordered a pair of 52mm and they fit however the frames are incredibly squat...might not be good if you like big frames. Also concerned about authenticity of the 55mm ones I bought. They might be a knockoff as the glasses are squeaky and the etching is deferent than the 52mms I bought.

Photo shows the 55mm in the first one & the 52mm in the second.
164 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on March 7, 2016
These glasses are amazing with tax i got these for $87 , i own ray bans before and even fakes. I know these are the real deal. The case smells like a baseball glove (leather) and the glasses are very sturdy. Keep in note that the "new wayfarers" (rb2132) have different hinges compared to original wayfarers and the style is completely different. If you are really wanting to see if they are real just take your sunglasses to sunglass hut to see if they are real. Sunglass hut is owned by ray ban (luxottica). Make sure you buy directly from amazon and not by an amazon seller. Anyways i am extremely satisfied with my purchase!!!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on March 7, 2016
I purchased the RB2132 in tortoise shell, with G-15XLT lenses, and in size 55mm. I spent a lot of time reading about which size to buy. I am a male that weighs 172 pounds, and stands just under 5'11". I have a relatively small head (based on the hat size I buy). I ended up going with 55mm, even though my gut told me to get the smaller size. I am glad I didn't, because the 55mm looks and feels great. I don't have a big head at all, and these sunglasses look great, at this size.

Otherwise, the quality is top notch, and these glasses are simple and feel rugged. The tortoise shell is dark, and can almost look black while somebody is wearing them. Sometimes the light hits the frame just right, and gives them a little more character then plain old black. I highly recommend this frame color for a man or for a woman.

The lenses also seem to be of high quality. I like that they are made of glass instead of plastic, which I feel will make them more scratch resistant. I just feel like glass seems to be of higher quality then plastic.

The only con I can think of, is that sometimes I can see a minor reflection of my own face while wearing the sunglasses. At first I thought it was a smudge on the glass, but then realized it was my own eye that I was seeing a reflection of. This is only sometimes and under certain light conditions, but happens often when I'm driving to my left eye, the eye closest to the sunny window. I have always worn sunglasses that kind of wrap around the shape of the face, instead of this boxy type of style. So, I can only figure that I am seeing this because the lens sits a little bit out from the face, which is allowing me to see the reflection. This negative is still outweighed by the look, feel, and quality of these glasses.

I received the black Ray-Ban case with my glasses.

Overall, I think these are being sold at a great price for what you are getting, and highly recommend these sunglasses.

I payed FULL PRICE for this item, and am of course giving my unbiased review.
3 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2016
I liked a lot of things about these sunglasses: the fit, the materials and finishing, the clarity, and the style. But I had to return them because the lenses were not as dark as I wanted for everyday use in bright sun, too much light got in from the sides and back of the glasses, and there was a noticeable amount of reflected glare off of the back of the lenses. For casual use or cloudier days they would be great, but to be my one everyday pair of sunglasses they weren't the right choice for me. If I did decide to try the wayfarer shape again, I would definitely get the polarized lenses. I didn't think polarization would make that much of a difference, but I was really missing it when I tried these non-polarized ones out. The glass lenses are awesome. They really are super lightweight and thin, and are very clear with almost no distortion across the field of vision. I have a medium to large head and the 55mm size was right for me. The G-15 green tint is pleasant--it brightens up the world without making it garish, but I found I prefer a blue or gray tint for truer color. That's not to say these affect color dramatically, but it is noticeable.
3 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2016
classic cool!

I thought these were "classic cool". The first time I washed them because the included lens wipe was just shmerring the glaze over the lenses
I began to question whether or not these were "knock-offs". The first time that I washed these glasses the "Ray Ban" logo on the lenses wiped right off. I have owned a pair of yellow shooting glasses since the mid-1980's and the logo is still intact. I have to question whether this is a licensed seller or these or knock offs. Right now I am incredibly disappointed.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 23, 2015
These glasses are BEAUTIFUL! They are the newer version of Wayfarers, and fit snug on my nose. Does not fall off at all. Wore it on a boat ride and sturdy as can be! These are DEFINITELY authentic Ray Bans and fit so nicely. They are the 55mm frame, and they fit my petite face. My boyfriend tried them on and they even fit good on him, too, although they fit a bit smaller on his face.

It says these are Mens' sunglasses, but I'm not sure a man would want to wear them unless they have delicate smaller face or heads, or if they like the smaller lens look. I think they still look great on a man, though. Also has RB engraved on the lens! Checked it with the real ones and they are identical!!! They are relatively cheaper than the ones in store because they are not polarized. They do, however, come with a protective leather case and come in a box, as well as a soft cleaning cloth for your lenses. The lens has a sticker on them that says 'blocks 100% UV," and if you want them for protective purposes, these are it! You don't need polarized lenses to protect your eyes or look stylish. As long as is block UV at leas 90%, you're safe! Anyway, very stylish, looks great on my small, girlish face, and have received plenty of compliments on them!
21 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 11, 2016
I love them! they fit perfectly and look amazing. I was going back and forth between the 55mm and 52 mm but ultimately decided on the 55mm after reading A LOT of reviews. I am 6'0" 175 lbs and have a fairly narrow face. The width of the two different size do not vary that much but the 52 are noticeably more more squat (the measurement from the top of the lens to the bottom). Personally I do not like bigger 55mm sunglasses. I don't think you can go wrong with either pair it just comes down to preference in sun glass size, larger or smaller.

As far as authenticity that some reviews have been questioning... I am no professional but I closely compared them to my friend's and I could not see any difference whatsoever. The pair I received seem to be legit and for a great price. However, I did have to return the first pair that was shipped to me because the seemed to be in used condition and with a scratch on the lens. The second pair didn't have the sticker on the lens proving they are brand new, which obviously ticked me off. But after really looking at them and comparing them to others. The sticker on the lens is not a big deal as long as they are real and in new condition which they are. In my opinion if you've been contemplating buying these I say do it you wont regret your decision. Hopefully you don't get a used pair like I did but this seller will make it right if you happen to go through what happened to me. Happy shopping!
on June 7, 2017
Classic style sunglasses. I never realized that these weren't polarized - and I can't say that I have ever noticed the difference. I've got a pair for each of the family cars so that I'm never without when driving. They are sturdy and (so far) almost indestructible - I even sat on a pair!

Ray-Ban RB2132 - New Wayfarer Non-Polarized Sunglasses Black Frame Crystal Green Lens Size 55
2 people found this helpful
on May 23, 2014
I've always wanted wayfarers but the original style was too big for me, and the angle was awkward on the face; every time I would smile my cheeks would push up the glasses. But the new wayfarers are slimmer, and by extension, eliminate that problem. At the same time making them narrowing vertically, also make them sleeker and more timeless in my opinion. The new wayfarers still have the iconic look of the old ones. They are solidly built and feel sturdy and of sufficiently high quality. I did not purchase the polarized lenses, but the regular green (G15) are plastic and very clear, the tint is not too strong, lets just the right amount of light in, without being too harsh or too dark. The eyes are not visible form outside, unless there's a bright light shining on to your face from the front. The curved arms are curved perfectly to fit the shape of the head, making these one of the most comfortable shades i have ever worn. They come with a black Luxxotica semi-hard case with gold emblem emboss, while the classic wayfarers come with a brown/tan case with black emboss.

A couple of issues arose though; When I first got a pair bought directly from amazon (not a third party), it seemed lighter and less substantial than the classic wayfarers I compared it to, both in terms of the plastic lens, and the body, which creaked a little. I read reviews on amazon which said that some people got counterfeit glasses, i figured that was the case with mine as well, and it became more and more obvious. However the second pair i got from amazon, was the exact same, so i took it to sunglass hut and macy's to compare to genuine ones and even ask the salesperson for their opinion. My conclusion was that, I came away about 98% sure that the one's from amazon are genuine and not counterfeit, both salespersons at sunglass hut and macy's assured me that mine were genuine, and they seemed identical in every way to the one's on display (which also creaked and had plastic lenses), except for some minor variations which were seen between the display models and mine both. So I'm going to chalk this down to two things; 1. Due to increased demand worldwide the quality control and standards at Luxxotica in Milan, have started to move to a sliding scale to accommodate. 2. Minor variations in the spec, and process depending on the subcontractors who assemble, manufacture parts, and provide raw materials.

At the end of the day, i'm going to give amazon the benefit of the 2% doubt. I trust them. Besides, at $80 ($50 off list price), even if these are really really excellent knockoffs then the price is worth it in my opinion.
2 people found this helpful