Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 184 reviews
on June 9, 2015
I love Wayfarers. I have worn Ray-Bans exclusively for thirty-five years. To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen: "I knew Wayfarer. Wayfarer was a friend of mine. Sir, you're no Wayfarer." Yes, the quality of the materials is as one would expect, but something has definitely been changed about the front angle of the frames. They pitch back into one's face at an uncomfortably sharp angle now. Luxottica is to be praised for maintaining high quality of manufacture and the lenses are still superb, but these should not be marketed as the "Original Wayfarer," based on a distinct design change. My mother wore ORIGINAL Wayfarers back in the late 1950s and 1960s. Examining photos of her wearing them and photos of myself wearing Wayfarers c. 1980 clearly shows the difference in how the sunglasses sit on the same faces. I am deeply disappointed and will miss the ORIGINAL Original Wayfarers. Needless to say, these were returned.
on September 7, 2015
For years, I have avoid purchasing a nice pair of sunglasses (or really any pair over $15), because I am notorious for losing or damaging them. I decided to spring for these on Amazon's Prime Day in 2015 for one of their sales. It arrived the same day I ordered them, which was an unexpected but nice touch. I've decided the best way to avoid losing these is to keep them in the car, always and only. They come in a nice Ray Ban case. After glancing through a handful of these reviews, it seems that fake sunglasses could be a concern, so I'm glad I ordered from Amazon LLC and Amazon direct, as their returns are nearly always handled to customer satisfaction.

The glasses are well made, hefty in the hand but not noticeably so on the face. I did not get a polarized lens, and can notice no distortion even at great highway distances. I haven't noticed reflections or things of the sort making me wish I had the polarized lens like I demand for my beach / lake pairs. The Crystal Green lenses are good for driving - dark enough for even the brightest of days, but not darkening to the point where it makes things difficult to see.

I've had these for almost two months, which might be a personal record for me. Once it gets cold in the fall or winter I may have to reconsider choosing keeping them in the car, due to freezing of condensation, but thus far I am very happy with my purchase. I am rough on the equipment.
on June 23, 2015
Just after leaving my last pair of Wayfarers in a cab to the airport in NYC I made a call to the bureau of I-left-stuff-in-my-taxi-in-NYC and quickly came to realize I'd never see them again, so I ordered a replacement pair the next day. I prefer the larger "original" shape with the tortoiseshell frames and green lenses and they seem hard to find in stores sometimes - retailers are always pushing whatever is new and trendy - so I've ordered my last couple of pairs from Amazon. The pair I lost had lasted three years and were going strong, with a few love marks here and there, so I ordered the exact same model knowing the quality would be high, and it was - they are sturdy, but not heavy. Since they eliminated the spring-loaded hinges the glasses seem stronger. Of course the style is fantastic, Wayfarers look great no matter where you are or what you're doing. If I was going to pick on the glasses, I'd say I prefer the old orange-and-brown-ish tortoiseshell - these are more yellow-and-brown-ish. If I was going to pick on the listing, I'd point out that these are NOT made in the US, as the listing states - they're made in Italy, of course.

You can't go wrong with Original Wayfarers. I wear them every day and I'll probably be buried in them!
on June 28, 2015
Love these sunglasses! Very cool retro look. I have a punkin size head so I got the 54mm lens size and their just about right - maybe a smidge too big but based on these I think the 52mm would be too small.

I also like being able to choose between lens colors and polarized vs non-polarized. I do wish you could choose any combination of frame/lens colors/sizes and the polar-nonpolar options but I imagine such choice options come at extra cost. These were very economical going through an Amazon reseller rather than a single source provider. It so happened that this was just the combination I wanted.

I've seen lots of dialog on Amazon about authenticity and from what I can tell these are the real deal. All serial numbers, markings and quality seem consistent with factory made expectations. The case even matches the case that came with my Ray Bans I bought (at way more cost) at my eye doctor's office and then lost.
on March 13, 2016
These are authentic and very nice sunglasses I just am not personally a big fan of them for a few reasons:
1. They are heavy
2. They are super slippery so forget them staying at the top of your nose on a hot day when you sweat
3. Bad sun glare
4. Big on me

Those are just my personal opinions though. Maybe I'm just not a Ray-Ban girl. However, I must acknowledge that they came on time, were nicely packaged in the Ray-Ban case, and included a Ray-Ban cleaning cloth. If you are familiar with this style of Ray-Bans and know the correct size to order I say go for it!
on June 11, 2015
I purchased a pair of 50mm "original" wayfarers from sunglasshut but after returning home I realized they were too small. I then ordered a pair of tortoise with non-polarized green lenses and a pair of black with green polarized lenses on Amazon. The tortoise pair was fulfilled by amazon and the black polarized were fullfilled by sunglass express. The glasses I received appeared in perfect order (minus a microscopic scratch on the polarized film and light scratching or cracking around the front bullets.) The RB laser etch appeared on the outside lens on the polarized and the inside of the non-polarized. These look super authentic, feel heavy and well manufactured: Identical to the authentic pair I returned to sunglasshut. I accidentally kept the original cloth and legends book from sunglasses hut and everything checks out. HOWEVER the book paper was different... The Amazon pairs had visible fibers in the paper and the original sunglasses hut one had a smooth gloss. The jury is out on this one but I think they are 100% real. Also the black polarized pair did not lay perfectly flat while upside-down but the tortoise pair did. Great glasses. I hope they are real and the uv protection is too, I'm going to use these for a lifetime and don't want to burn up my corneas!
review image
on March 31, 2014
I was concerned about the legitimacy of these glasses as well as the size/fit of the 54 mm. I have a more round (moon) face and I was happy to find these are really close to the size sunglasses I normally wear. I have read other comments about certain sellers and counterfeit products, but mine came wrapped and sealed with the brochure, paperwork, holographic seal(s), and have "Made in Italy" on them as well. They are definitely not your thin plastic cheapo glasses. I get many compliments. It is unfortunate that authenticity has to be a concern on Amazon, but maybe I was just lucky with these. I thought about purchasing another pair, but I believe the risk could be too great that there may be a quality or authenticity issue to chance it with a different seller.
on April 28, 2014
I LOVE my original Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses. I spent a lot of time making sure they are genuine and they passed every test. I highly recommend Shop561. They were fantastic to deal with when I needed to exchange the size of my purchase from 54mm to 50mm to fit me better. They are top shelf all the way and a true authorized dealer for Ray Ban so you can be secure in your purchase. Great service, great prices, no brainer! A special thanks to Jim M. at Shop561 for his very attentive and prompt attention to my request for an exchange in size. You guys are the best!

A special note when you are ordering your original Wayfarers. The 54mm version is quite large. Unless you have a very large head you may find them uncomfortable. The 50mm size is perfect for the average size head. If you order from a reputable dealer they should be willing to exchange them in the event you are not happy with your purchase. Amazon does an amazing job in policing their sellers. You want to make sure you are dealing with an authorized representative of Ray Ban. There are way too many knock-offs out there and some of them are quite convincing. You want the original real deal so if the price seems too good to be true, it surely is a fake! "Buy the best and cry only once"! Cheers and good luck with your purchase!
on June 5, 2012
I did a lot of looking around and researching before deciding to order these suckers from Amazon, but I am glad that I did. My order was through Team Solis, and shipping was on time, and was packaged in a nice small box. Upon receiving my wayfarers, I checked every single aspect of authenticity, and these things are %100 real, or the world's greatest fakes. The lady at the sunglasses store at the mall told me that I wouldn't find a better price than $150 anywhere; HA! I ordered these size 54 wayfarers because I have a pretty large head, and out of the box, even these glasses were a little too small. I took the glasses to a Lens Crafters on my lunch break, and they were able to heat and bend the bridge so the sunglasses weren't as tight at the temples. He also bent the ends of the arms so that they wrap around the back of my ears better, preventing the glasses from sliding down my nose. They now fit perfectly, and look awesome; I highly recommend purchasing wayfarers from amazon.
on November 1, 2013
I purchased these for my wife. She says they fit very well - frames are study but light. Lens are excellent quality - workmanship, mounting and clarity. The glasses come new, in a nice hard RayBan case (black), with a medium gray RayBan lens cleaning cloth. The tortoise is in darker hues, so if you like the traditional black matte or glossy frames, you may want to opt for this for a "fun" look. It's not too brown, and the tortoise pattern is subtle. I would suggest the photos on Amazon are fairly close to the actual colors you will get. If you look at other RayBans with more brown tortoise, you will see these are darker with some brown thrown in.
The storage case is not bulky, so my wife can put it in her purse without adding bulk.
My wife went to a local retail store to see which size would fit her best before we bought these - but Amazon's prices were far better than any retail store.
RayBan continues to keep high standards. She has purchased RayBans over the years, occasionally trying other brands, but then always coming back. We actually bought two styles this time.
My wife expects to wear these for a very long time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.