YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon $50 off select BOB single strollers

Showing 1-10 of 1,283 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,642 reviews
on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2525 comments| 584 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
33 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2012
I first bought this one on ebay from "smart liquidation" $102, they came in and I knew that they were fake, because i have the real one from sunglass hut. only 4 out of 700 people knew about it being fake and gave him bad feedback, so i had pay $5 to ship it back. that person is making a lot money selling fake ray bans which is illegal. That being said, this amazon seller's sunglasses are 100% authentic when i compared it to the one i have already. and the price is about the same as ebay. I also live in florida and it came in 5 days. even though it said 18 days at least. Best Deal ever since I paid $150 plus tax so $160. Go to sunglass hut try on sunglasses. amazon will have lower prices.
33 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2014
This is my second pair of 62mm Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses- the 1st pair did not have Polarized Lenses, which are great also. I recently bought a pair of RB2025 in Black with polarized lenses and look forward to using the glasses while driving. I like the larger 62mm lenses as I get better coverage when I need the sunglasses the most- when driving.

However, to buy these glasses took me a long time due to receiving counterfeits . The first pair I bought from an Amazon competitor auction company and received a counterfeit pair of glasses.

I will not go into details about how to determine if you have a pair of fake Ray Ban glasses or not, as you can Google that information and there are Utube videos available.

Because I received the first pair of fakes, I decided to buy from Amazon using my Prime account, but Amazon direct did not offer the glasses, so I picked a company that Amazon distributed their glasses for. I emailed that company and asked if the glasses were: From Italy and if they were 100% real Ray Ban Glasses, which the company response was yes. So I purchased the glasses and received another pair of counterfeit Ray Bans. All of the items were real except the Glasses-as if switched out by the company. Also, the pair I received was NOT 62mm and 58mm. I, of course, returned the fake wrong size glasses.

So, be careful. Find out how to determine the difference between a fake pair and a real pair of Ray Ban sunglasses.

Luxottica is the manufacturer of Ray Ban glasses. Currently Ray Ban glasses are made in Italy or China. In my opinion, I would not buy a pair of Ray Ban glasses that are made in China. Sure, the quality of the glasses will be the same, but the fact that the glasses are made in China and not Italy, simply cheapens the glasses and my guess will also effect the resale value- which should be considered.

Also, we as consumers should send a message Luxottica and NOT purchase products that were originally made in Italy now make in China for the same price. If Luxottica wants to make their glasses in China for a lesser cost, why not pass the savings on to the consumer. As, you can imagine, there profits from glasses made in China would probably triple.
99 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2015
I purchased these as a gift for my wife and they are very nice, almost wanted to keep them for myself. I have a pair of carbon fiber aviators which are also fantastic. Ray bans are now being manufactured in China and Italy, this pair is made in Italy. We checked Sunglass Hut and they had some from China. My personal opinion is that the ones made in Italy are nicer.
on June 5, 2016
Guys be extra careful where you order your shades from i got these from Jones Deals for a great price and fulfilled by amazon so i thought since they have the "fulfilled by amazon" stamp they had to be legit right ? Wrong wrong wrong these are "ok" knockoffs and if you dont anything about ray bans you will get fooled. The very next day i got a new pair direct from amazon with no middle man in between and boy its like night and day.

First off the boxes are different sizes.

Aside from the different size the fakes just decided to use a different box altogether.

Notice the "®" inside the ray ban logo the fonts are different very subtle but they are different.

Looking in the logo circle again notice the word "sunglasses" the black case is the fake now look at the "gla" letters on one the letters are bunched up and off center on the other the letters are perfectly spaced and on line.

The clothe to clean the lens well you see for yourself which is real and which is fake just the detailing alone is a giveaway.

Cases are cut different fakes are cut in a straight line the real ones have a nice arch to them also the feel inside the case is softer on the real ones.

Even the booklets aren't right the color is duller missing info and my goodness even the address is wrong WOW.

Back of the book looks the same but the color is way off.

Look at the etching on the fake ones the "RB" isnt where its supposed to be as opposed to the authentic where its perfectly in line with the leg of the shades.

Some other notes the "mirror" effect on the fakes seem to be louder or exaggerated as to the authentic where its not as pronounced.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 23, 2016
Authentic Ray-Bans. This was the second pair we ordered. The first pair was a size 55 and they looked like child sized glasses on my husband's face. He lost his old pair and we couldn't figure out what size he previously had. He did not want the over sized large ones that I love. We bought these in a size 62 and they were exactly what he wanted. You can't beat the quality of Ray-Ban's and you can't beat the price on Amazon!!
on November 12, 2015
I received mine a few days ago and after some researching and comparison found mine was not genuine. While the sunglasses are almost identical to a genuine one, the packaging had too many red flags for me. I would say it's a rather high grade fake. Am really disappointed.
on April 28, 2010
After many, many years of buying $10 "cheap sunglasses" I finally decided to see if the people who said good glasses were worth it. Unfortunately, after dropping $[...] on a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators, only a year later, they got smashed in a bad bicycle accident. The fact that I ordered a new pair a few days later is a testament to how convinced I am that good sunglasses with glass lenses are worth it.

On the first day, a pair of Aviators don't feel significantly different from the $10 knock-offs. They aren't lighter, the image isn't clearer, the eye protection isn't better, they don't look better on me. But after just a few weeks of mild use, the cheap plastic-lens glasses start to get smudges and tiny scratches, almost too tiny to see. You don't notice it at first because it progresses so slowly and gradually, but little by little, the view through them gets muddled, they get harder to clean, and you start hating them, all without even realizing. One day you get new ones and the sudden contrast is striking -- wow, these are so much better! That's your only clue for how bad the old ones really had gotten by such slow stages you never noticed.

Glass-lens, good quality sunglasses are like that first day every day. They don't develop the smudges, the scratches, the difficulty with being cleaned, the gradual degradation of quality. The day that I lost them, they were as crisp and clear, they looked as good, they fit as well, and they worked as well as the first day.

If they cost ten times as much, they ought to last ten times as long to be worth it. And assuming you don't sit on them, lose them, or get into a bike accident with them on like I did, they should do that easily. But even if they don't quite last that long, they might still be worth it. After all, ten pairs of cheap sunglasses that are smudgy and unpleasant to wear for at least half of their lives is not as nice an experience as one pair that's wonderful every day.
11 comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2014
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.