Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on December 26, 2013
I ordered this pair of sunglasses for my husband as an xmas gift. I felt secure in the purchase because this was originally listed as 'sold by Amazon' as opposed to merely 'fulfilled by Amazon'.

Well, something changed I guess.

Unfortunately, I cannot speak in terms of the seller because I cannot say who ended up actually filling this order, but it wasn't Amazon.

I would also like, at the very least, to say that I received a fake pair of Ray Ban aviators, but that is far too generous. A fake implies that some effort was put in to make the product mirror that which I thought I was buying. Wouldn't that be nice? But nope. I received a random pair of 5-dollar aviator sunglasses with a Ray Ban sticker on them. No markings on the frames, no markings on the lenses, not even the slightest effort made to trick me. To that I feel somewhat insulted. I cannot imagine a world existing where a person would receive this product and think "awesome, just what I paid $150 dollars for!!" What a joke.

Because I made the specific effort to assure I was ordering directly from Amazon and still had my order fulfilled by some random seller, I would encourage any shopper looking at this sort of item to walk away, save your money, and spend a few more dollars for the privilege of not getting ripped off. As a long time Amazon shopper, I can say that my confidence in this company has been significantly shaken.

I love xmas - it gives me a chance to finally spoil the people who I love and who do so much for me throughout the year. Thanks for finally allowing me to bestow upon someone an awful pair of random sunglasses in a ripped up, fake Ray Ban box. A dream come true. Unbelievable.
1717 comments| 683 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2626 comments| 692 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 14, 2016
Glasses fit great! The glasses appear to be authentic. However, the case that came with them doesn't. This is the second pair that I've bought from NY Fashion LTD. The first pair were too small so I sent them back. The case and glasses were authentic on my first order. Not sure what happened on this order.
review imagereview image
on March 4, 2015
Wait a minute, these are sunglasses, not shoes. Questions 3 & 4 have no place here! Once again, a replacement for a pair I have managed to use and hang on to for over 20 years! I did send my current pair back to Ray Ban to be refurbished about 10 years ago, but great glasses. These were on a great sale so now I have a spare set for the car.!!! On the plus side, I already knew the mm measurements of the old pair so getting the right fit was EZ for me!
Love these glasses!
on July 8, 2013
The sunglasses arrived earlier than expected. The ones I ordered were sold and shipped directly from Amazon. They look authentic but unfortunately are A BIT too small for my face. I am talking about the 58mm ones, which after watching youtube videos about it it seemed bigger in size. I have ordered the 62mm ones as well and will write another review about them to see if the extra 4mm make a perfect fit or are too much. The reason why I give this 4 stars is because the sunglasses seem authentic and they arrived earlier than expected, so people with average sized heads should definitely try them out. Piece of advice, try them on at your local store first to see if the size fits and looks good on you :)

Pew

UPDATE: The 62MM arrived today. They look SO MUCH better on me than the 58MM and I love them. The only con is that they are loose and keep sliding down my face. If I can get them to a place to tighten them up and stop falling, I will give it 5 stars and might order another pair in a different color. Bought from Star Eyewear, the box carrying the smaller box was damaged but the glasses were not! Will update again after getting the glasses tightened up.

UPDATE 7/17/2014

I have worn the glasses outside several times and they do not fall off anymore. I returned the 58mm ones to amazon with no problem whatsoever, I requested the residence pick up (6 dollars), the UPS truck came this morning, took the package, and tonight I got an email saying that my return is being processed. So far I am a satisfied customer with Amazon and I do recommend it.
on March 20, 2015
Ray Ban is a very high quality sun glass, I will always buy Ray Ban's in the future, as I have purchased Maui Jims and paid a lot more and the quality is a lot less!
on March 31, 2015
Purchased this for my wife, her face is small and the 55mm size is perfect. She loves them, great pair of aviators
on February 19, 2016
Hmmm... not even a month and the case stitching is unraveling. While watching a "how to spot a fake" video, I passed my nail over the paint on the inner right arm and the paint came completely off. The RB etching on the left lens does not line up with the arm; mine is slightly above. Lots of things check out on these and a few things don't. I have serious doubts now.
on December 16, 2013
For some reason the most popular negative post questions the authenticity of the Ray Bans that Amazon sells. I was hesitant at first but ordered them anyway and am thoroughly satisfied with these sun glasses. They arrived in a sturdy Ray Ban case, product documents were enclosed, and there was no evidence that they are knock-offs. If you're looking for a sharp looking pair of sun glasses, these are for you. They fit perfectly, are light weight, sturdy, and the polarized glass lenses are unlikely to scratch. I couldn't be happier with this purchase and am considering buying a second pair to keep in my car.
on April 12, 2015
Mine were "Ships from and sold by Jordan River". The B-15 lenses have been hard to find since the Italians bought Ray-Ban, so I was excited to find these. I used to really like the B-15 lens with the black frame, but those are impossible to find anymore. These, with the gold frame, are getting more and more rare, so very happy to see these here at a reasonable price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.