Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on March 19, 2014
I just received my gunmetal/crystal green polarized Ray-Bans from Amazon. I was never so afraid of a purchase in my life. I made a point to purchase a pair sold directly by Amazon versus a third-party seller. And I'm glad I did! There are numerous reviews claiming that their sunglasses are fake. Rest assured that if you buy the "sold by Amazon.com LLC" styles you have the real deal (be careful when you are selecting sizes/styles, as the seller changes for each that you click on...only certain ones are available directly from Amazon).

I was skeptical of the authenticity because of the huge price difference between local vendors and Amazon ($195 vs. $115, respectively). I've always trusted Amazon, but thought I'd dig deeper. I emailed Ray-Ban corporate, and here's the response I got:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your email; we appreciate your interest in RayBan.

Please note that Amazon.com is an authorized online dealer of Rayban if the purchase is being made directly from Amazon. If the purchase is made by a 3rd party dealer on Amazon then we cannot guarantee if the product will be authentic. In your case you stated it was a direct purchase so you can be assured that the product you received is 100% authentic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us. Again we thank you for your business and loyalty to RayBan.

Regards,
Alex
Customer Care Specialist | Ray-Ban.com

I hope this information helps with your decision! It did with mine! I received the sunglasses today and couldn't be happier!

Thank you Amazon for a great product at a great price!
2525 comments| 602 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2014
Purchased, and compared directly with the real thing purchased at Macy's. The seller was Lunettes4me. DO NOT believe them. The seller also disputed my review of them as selling knock-off items advertised as genuine. They insist these are genuine. THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.

The indicators to look for are:
- No UPC (barcode) on the box
- Although Ray Ban does apparently make different colored carrying cases, the knock-offs came with a brown case of lesser quality than the genuine ones. Genuine case was black for this model purchased at Macy's.
- Flocking (soft fuzzy stuff) inside carrying case was deposited all over the sunglasses and came off on your hands
- Documentation lettering is fuzzy due to being photo copied.
- No address for Luxottica Group on the included documentation. It's there on genuine product.
- Feel of the arms moving when opening/closing were not smooth like on a genuine pair.
- Slight defect on one of the plastic pieces that go over the ear. Quality Control from Ray Ban would have caught this.
- Screen printing color and size was different (lighter red-tone, larger, and not as sharp) on the cleaning cloth
- If you have a real pair to compare with, and a magnifying glass, the RB etching on the lens was not the same as a real pair. Very close, but not the same.

I fault Amazon for letting this fraud continue. I pointed it out to Amazon, and the response was of course to ensure I received a full refund; however, there was absolutely NO interest on Amazon's part in dealing with the seller regarding the fact they are passing off knock-offs to unsuspecting customers.
33 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2013
For some reason the most popular negative post questions the authenticity of the Ray Bans that Amazon sells. I was hesitant at first but ordered them anyway and am thoroughly satisfied with these sun glasses. They arrived in a sturdy Ray Ban case, product documents were enclosed, and there was no evidence that they are knock-offs. If you're looking for a sharp looking pair of sun glasses, these are for you. They fit perfectly, are light weight, sturdy, and the polarized glass lenses are unlikely to scratch. I couldn't be happier with this purchase and am considering buying a second pair to keep in my car.
on January 10, 2016
I have chronic dry eye problems and must wear sunglasses whenever I am outside so I am very familiar with different brands and I own 3 pairs of RayBan RB3025 which are my go-to sunglasses if I know I am going to be wearing them any length of time, like 3-4 hours straight. Other brands just become too uncomfortable after an hour or so.

With all the gorgeous new colors RB is now producing, I ordered two pairs of Ray-Ban RB3025, one a dark purple, Violet Mirror, and one pair of a lighter purple, Lilac Mirror. I thought I would give one pair to my niece as a surprise gift.

Both pairs of sunglasses were delivered in the same box but when I opened up the individual RB boxes, I was surprised to find two pairs of dark purple, Violet Mirror, sunglasses. The sunglasses were identical but oddly enough the numbers on the boxes and on the sunglasses were different.

Now how can this be? Same exact color, style, etc but different numbers on the RayBan package and sunglasses arm.

Originally, I was thinking that there was a mistake in the packing and someone put two identical pairs of RayBan instead of the dark purple and lilac pair that I had ordered. But with further investigation, I found that the ID numbers on the box and the sunglasses were different, even though visually both pairs of sunglasses were identical in color, size and every other aspect. Logically, if the sunglasses were identical shouldn't they have identical style, color, etc numbers?
on October 23, 2013
This is my third pair of Aviators, which are tied for first place with Wayfarers as my favorite sunglasses of all time. The fit of the Aviators is perfect and everyone looks good in them. They have more lens area than Wayfarers, which makes them the perfect driving lenses. You see more of the world and less of the frame with Aviators. Fit, finish, quality are all superb. G-15 glass lenses are of optical quality. Frame is extremely well made. Glasses feel very light while wearing. The difference in cool factor between these and Wayfarers - Aviators are "military pilot" cool. Wayfarers are "musician" cool. Both looks work for the vast majority of people. One warning: treat your Aviators with respect and always put them in their case when not wearing them. The reason these are my third pair is that I did not treat my last two pairs with respect and sat on both of them by accident, which they will not recover from. The Wayfarers are a lot tougher.
on June 12, 2013
I too was concerned about these being fake, but fear not: they're absolutely authentic. I compared these with my husband's (that we bought from Nordstrom), and they're exactly the same. So what're you waiting for? Snatch them up! I love these so much; they're perfect for a flat nose bridge chick like me, are light, and are so chic. I already know I'm going to wear the crap out of these. Thanks for the great deal, Amazon! You saved me $45+!
on December 23, 2013
95 sure they are real. The box is came in was dented and the carry case for the glasses is a FAKE it is not an authentic rayban case. The glass look to be real only thing questionable is the coding on the side of the glasses which doesn't look the same or match any of the other 5 aviators I own or other rayban glasses I own...
on January 2, 2014
As many fakes as there are out there these seem to be the real thing. Excellent quality, sturdy and everything you expect from Ray-Ban. Engraving on lens and the case quality both support this being the real thing. They look great and the vision quality confirms their looks.
on June 22, 2013
Really cool- was worried they were knockoffs- but so far so good. Years of buying cheap-o target sunglasses- I have opted to purchase these-they look great, feel great- and I am fairly sure theu will be very good.
on January 16, 2014
Great packaging, beautiful specs & arrived prior to estimated delivery by 4 days! Only thing I was disappointed with were in the pic, the plastic on the ear wrap looked like an ivory white, it's more of a light brown color, but pretty minor detail. These are the real deal for sure.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.