Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

A great style, especially for those of us who don't go for the original Aviator style. But these sunglasses do need a few notes.

The size on these have 58mm-diameter lenses with 15 mm between the lenses (if my decoding of the code on the side is correct. This is the largest size in this style, and even at that they are just *slightly* too small at the ears for my head. For context, the Ray Ban Wayfarer with a 50mm lens and 22m nosepiece fits perfectly.

Also these, like the original Aviators, are intended to cover pretty much the entire eye socket, so if you're seeing light coming in from the side or top...they are too small for you.

In other words, if you don't have a specific size head, these may not work for you and you'll be frustrated. I know it's hard to buy online since you don't get to try them on. OTOH, it's a little unethical (in my opinion) to go to a brick-and-mortar store just to try them on so you can turn around and buy them off of Amazon. DIYD and all that.

Assuming the fit is acceptable, these are very well made sunglasses. They just *feel* like quality and the lenses are fantastic. There is some concern on Amazon about some Ray Bans being fakes. The pair I received are the real thing - look for the etched R-B on the left lens (not the lens with the white logo on it), the R-B logo on the nosepieces, the lenses being made of glass (not plastic) and the identifier engraved on the underside of the bridge...these are indicators that you have a genuine pair in your hands. I purchased directly from Amazon, not a "fulfilled by Amazon" purchase, so caveat emptor on that score.

All in all, an outstanding pair of glasses at a good price.
41 helpful votes
42 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 22, 2016
I bought the 55mm in gunmetal frame and they looked so small on my face! I literally looked like a Dweeb!
I figured give it another try and try the 58mm... It's doesn't seem like much but it's pretty insane how much bigger 3 millimeters are on a lense! You can tell right away that they looked bigger without even wearing them! I put them on and they looked AMAZING! It was callsign Viper all over! I look so badass in these I'm so stoked!
Word of advice... If you have a bigger head or fuller face like I do... Go with the 58mm! I don't know what it is but the 55mm look TINY! My hat size is 7 1/4 and 7 3/8 depending on the mood... So if your head is that big and your don't have a boney / skinny face then 58mm is for you!
I can't wait to wear these the next time I go flying with my buddies! That's the RIGHT look for an aviator :)
3 helpful votes
on August 8, 2015
Great sunglasses. I have been wearing aviators since the 80's so I know my Ray-Bans. My daughter bought me a pair of these about 5 years ago and I wear them all the time to drive or anytime I am out in the sun, except for fishing- I use Costa 580g green glasses.I decided to buy another pair for my other car. I have yet to find a better, distortion free lens than these. Glass will not ever distort no matter how hot the environment and are much more scratch resistant than plastic. One of the advantages of these is that they can be worn in direct sunlight or in a car in full summertime brightness to lower light conditions without feeling like they are too dark. I prefer Non-polarized lenses while driving because of the lack of distraction from seeing through polarized glass. The Costa's are better for fishing for being the opposite from these. Polarized to see fish through the water, much darker for more intense reflected light off the water and thicker temple to block sunlight from the side. Also, these frames are very durable, being able to be bent to fit the face and over the ears whenever adjustments are needed. Another advantage of these glasses, like the aviators is the thinness of the temple/ear piece. When driving these sunglasses never obscure your vision to the side and aid in avoiding the dreaded lane change into someones front fender. I put my old pair next to the new ones and they seem identical, a tribute to their durability.
on August 19, 2015
review image
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on December 14, 2016
Not sure if it is just me but the clarity of the lens seems a bit tainted or blurry, it is difficult to see through the lens. I would not purchase again.
on May 18, 2015
This sunglasses are real Ray Ban merchandise, made in Italy, their mirror blue tone glass lens and the mate bronce color of their metal frame makes them look really cool. Ray Ban logo is engraved in the top barr bridge of the frame and the nose pads as well. So you can buy them with confidence
on June 3, 2015
I had purchased a pair in November 1988 and these are almost identical. After nearly 26 years of constant use one arm finally parted from the frame but Amazon had pretty much the same sunglasses for only $8 more than I paid in 1988. The ones I had were used in travels over Europe and have been essential in Florida every day for 25 years. Really comfortable, strongly made and clear vision.
on July 22, 2017
Order pair of new Ray Bans and paid for rush delivery (as I was in need for them to use during my trip) only to find out that they came in with a missing nose pad.
review imagereview image
on July 23, 2014
I purchased these as a gift for my boyfriend and he loves them! Classic aviator and the clubmaster styles were a little too flashy for him and these are nice and a little more subtle. These are authentic Ray-Bans, great quality with firm joints on the sides.
on November 11, 2014
Great. A timeless style. Well made as classic Ray-Ban styles are. I have been wearing the same pair for 5 or so years and they are still perfect. The glass lenses are much more scratch resistant than plastic ones are though if your are not used to glass, they will feel heavy on your nose for a while. I am in sales so I drive and wear these glasses for most of every day and they are comfortable enough for that. I like them well.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.