Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on May 31, 2012
I just received these glasses today. They do seem fake, which would be highly disappointing considering the price. I am going to take them to sunglass hut to compare before I return them. There are some imperfections in the frames and the box seems like it was printed using an inkjet. The sticker on the lenses seems off as well. I will follow up with my verdict.

After doing further research, I am more confident the Ray Ban's legitimacy. I have emailed Ray Ban directly asking to verify a few questions. I will update again when I have a reply. (Also changed my rating from 3 to 4 starts. Will give 5 if I can verify that they are 99% real).

Ray Ban answered my email. As long as your order is sold and shipped (fulfilled by) Amazon.com, your Ray Bans are real. According to Ray Ban Amazon is an official dealer and therefore and glasses sold by them are real.
1414 comments| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
I purchased a pair from a sunglass hut in LA for about $200. A few days later I checked amazon and they were only $112! I thought that was too good to be true.. So I ordered a pair through amazon. When they arrived, my initial impression was that they were real. However upon closer inspection, I started to see minor differences.
Differences:
1. the arms on the pair from amazon are not even. The left arm is slightly straighter than the right one.
2. The text on the inside of the arms are slightly thicker than the ones from SGH.
3. The text on the inside arms of the amazon pair have slight inconsistencies in printing.. as in there are tiny dots where you can see the paint was not fully covering. THe pair from SGH had very clean font and no dots whatsoever in the text.
4. The etching of "RB" on the lens of the amazon pair were more raised and you could see difinitive marks where the RB was carved in. On the SGH pair, the etching was so fine that it seemed to be inside of the lens and not on the surface.
5. The cleaning cloth included with the amazon pair had a more washed out logo than the cloth from SGH.
I did not receive a box with the pair from SGH so I couldnt compare that.
6. (most important) when the arms are fully extended and even flexed, the pair from amazon produced a creaking sound. The pair from SGH did not, at any time produce a creaking sound. I will say that the screws are much tighter on the Amazon pair, so I'm not sure if that had any affect, but this creak makes the pair seem more plasticky. However, the weight and feel of the frames are the exact same. There are compaints of some pairs with lenses that seemed too small and loose, and plasticky feeling frame. I tried on a pair of black boyfriends in a SGH in Las vegas, and they had the exact plasticky, loose lens feel to them that people were describing.

Similarities:
weight seemed about right.. I didn't have a scale so exact measurements couldnt be taken.
Lenses were polarized on both pairs, and tint was spot on.
color of the tortoise was pretty similar, however, the pair from amazon were slightly darker but not by much.

All in all, I am undecided if the pair from amazon are real. If they are in fact real, then they could possibly be rejects that didn't meet exact requirements for their SGH retail stores and are thus sold through amazon for such discounted prices.
on January 30, 2016
Almost bought them today 01/30/2016 at Sunglass Hut in Grand Prairie,TX. Price they offered these at $185.00 in the gloss black grey polorized lens. Decided to hold off & shop on Amazon first. Although I did find several different offers there was just one that had the polorized version that could be seen and verified. The best price was $170.00. Important point here is you need to see the label in the upper right lens only. It needs to read- Ray Ban P. If the capitalized P is missing the version your holding or considering are just good sunglasses and are not polorized.
on March 21, 2014
I love these sunglasses. They are authentic! I ordered the Ray-Ban Rb4147 Flat Top Boyfriend Sunglasses 60 mm, Non-Polarized, Tortoise/Brown Gradient and they are great and look fabulous on me.

They are bigger than some other sunglasses that I own, but this is what I was looking for. I don't like how the Wayfarers fit my face, so I decided to give these shades a try and I am so happy that I did. I am very happy with my purchase and Amazon always fulfills my orders promptly (Prime member).

I read on other comments that they got a pair that made a lot of noise when they opened/closed the legs, but definitely do not make any noise. They are very sturdy and very well worth the money.
on April 9, 2014
I rarely find any glasses that fit my large head. I bought the 60mm polarized glasses, and they are a perfect fit for me. I like the wayfarer style. They aren't super dark, and I like that too. Hopefully they will last..... You might consider getting a good case, since the one shipped with the glasses is cheap.
on September 25, 2013
I read many reviews questioning if they were real or not, so I was a little worried when buying these. When I got them, I checked all the little things that give it away. The little P on the front, the case and the numbers on the frames. Everything seemed right. Mine did squeak a bit when I first opened, but I think that was because it had never been opened before. After using them, they no longer made that noise. About the glasses themselves, they are super comfortable and protect you eyes very well. I no longer squint when looking at bright lights. I think the people complaining about getting fakes ones were not actually getting the from Amazon, but another seller, so be careful when switching models. Amazon would never sell anything fake. These were half of the price of the same ones in stores, so well worth the risk. The best sunglasses I have ever had. One very happy customer!!!
on July 23, 2012
Fit great! Awesome buy for the price. Shipped super quick. Could not be happier. Never owned Ray-bans before because they have never fit my head. I bought the black pair and the polarized lenses are outstanding! A must have!
on July 1, 2012
My first polarized sunglasses. Its very different from other glasses I have.
I really like these, the over-size lens gives you that cool feeling.
The polarized lens makes it just that much easier to use when walking around on the beach with out the glare in the lens.
I wish I bought my Ray Ban Wayfarer in Polarized also.
I bought these lens from Amazon.com
They are 100% Authentic!
on January 11, 2013
After owning a pair of Oakley Holbrooks, which I got many compliments on, I decided I wanted something more mature and sophisticated. After visting my cousin in Canada both her and her husband got a pair of these both for around $200. So I decided to take a look at them when I got back. I tryed them on, and thought they were way to big, plus they made my big nose even bigger. But after taking a chance, I decided to get a pair, saw them on amazon for $116 AND POLARIZED, I was blown away! These were regular $184.99 at Sunglass Hut. So I got them from directly from Amazon, and knew they would be the real deal. After a few days of wearing them I got many compliments. Went to my local coffee drive thru shop, and the lady wanted a pair after seeing mine. I get quite a few stares a day when im sporting these. The quality of these are great, even compared to my Oakleys, these feel like there worth and more. The polarized lens on these are awesome, I dont think ill buy another pair without the polarized. Everything pops and provides great sun protection, of course there Ray-Bans. I looked at the regular Wayfares, but they made my nose standout too much and the lens weren't big enough. Plus the big lens attract more attention in my opinion, im not one to get attention, but these are bound to bring you some! These shades are seriously the essence of cool, laid back, and sophisticated. Check them out!
on June 4, 2014
They look great from a distance, they are definitely NOT from Italy. However since these are almost half the price its worth the buy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.