Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 240 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 249 reviews
on April 29, 2015
Very happy & very cute! I am shade ready for summer :D These are not fake people.
review image
22 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2013
I am writing this review to help clarify for those on the fence about these glasses due to concerns about authenticity or whatever else.

A friend had these and after trying them on, I had to have them. I read the reviews here on Amazon, and saw that several purchasers suspected these to be fakes. To be safe, I bought these from Amazon directly and not a third-party vendor. However, when they arrived, I was disappointed.

They looked real, with every detail correct. They felt VERY different than the pair I remembered trying on. They were lighter in weight and lighter in color. I also noticed a "creeking" coming from the lenses (it seemed like they were about to pop out). Finally, they were very wide and slid off my face constantly, unlike my friend's pair. I then decided to go to an actual store (a certain Hut) and try them on.

The store had 5 of these in stock, so I tried out each one of them. Two of the pairs felt like the ones my friend had - solid, sturdy, and good weight to them. To my surprise, three of the pairs felt just like the ones Amazon sent me - light and flimsy. The clerk couldn't really explain it, but I know for a fact this store doesn't get fakes. I can only assume that there are two different factories or batches or whatever for the production of these sunglasses, and some get made with less-than-premium materials and others get the better materials. Who knows?

Botttom line: Ordering these with Amazon as the supplier will get you an authentic pair of Raybans, but the quality of them will be the luck of the draw. I ended up returning these to Amazon and paying the extra premium in-store.They're awesome, fit perfectly, and feel premium. Definitely worth it. The difference between the "good" batch of these and the "bad" batch is night and day.
on March 28, 2016
These are my favorite pair of sunglasses all time. I have had the classic black color, and the black with the gradient lenses. I am currently rocking this tortoise version and I love it. These are probably the biggest wayfarers as they have the biggest lenses and looks great on my face, because my head is a little bigger. I get a lot of complements on these glasses. I actually lose my glasses all the time especially on vacation. I do not mind buying another pair of these or another color or variation when I lose them because they are priced perfectly.
on November 4, 2013
I bought these sunglasses directly from Amazon. The first pair I received looked like a returned item. When I opened them, there were smears on the lens and both sides of the glasses made that creaking noise everyone is talking about. I emailed Amazon and they sent me a replacement right away. These ones were brand new however one side of the glasses still made that noise. I checked online and apparently this is common with sunglasses with glass lenses.

A couple days after I got these, I went to Nordstrom and compared them side by side. I checked all the markings, hinges, and print of the frame's arms and they looked exactly the same. I noticed when I got these that there was no metal rods in the arms of the glasses by putting it up to a light which kind of scared me because I heard the wayfarers had them and assumed these would be the same. I checked the ones from Nordstrom and they didn't have it either so everything checked out. The same exact polarized glasses made a small creaking noise just like the ones from Amazon. However, I noticed that all of the non polarized lenses made no noise at all. I also tested some other model polarized ray bans and they too make that noise when opening and closing the sunglasses.
on October 3, 2015
So I had this exact same pair of sunglasses for about a year...best sunglasses I ever owned...until I left them in a rental car. Saddest day OF MY LIFE. So I waited and waited and wasn't going to buy another nice, "expensive" pair of sunglasses. But I missed them too much! Lucky for me, they were about $50 less expensive on Amazon than I had originally paid at Sunglasshut. The polarization is incredible, especially when driving or really doing anything where you want less glare and more vibrant colors. The lenses are obviously large, but they fit my face nicely. And the hinges are extremely high quality. Over the year that I had my previous pair, they never got loose or started to wobble. BUY THE THING!
on February 12, 2016
I love these sunglasses. They are authentic Ray-Bans according to Amazon and a sales person at Sunglass Hut. I ordered them in black as well.
review image review image
on January 30, 2016
Almost bought them today 01/30/2016 at Sunglass Hut in Grand Prairie,TX. Price they offered these at $185.00 in the gloss black grey polorized lens. Decided to hold off & shop on Amazon first. Although I did find several different offers there was just one that had the polorized version that could be seen and verified. The best price was $170.00. Important point here is you need to see the label in the upper right lens only. It needs to read- Ray Ban P. If the capitalized P is missing the version your holding or considering are just good sunglasses and are not polorized.
on October 17, 2016
I bought these to replace a same pair that I had lost in the airport and my understanding is that Amazon is an authorized seller of Ray-Ban's so these should be authentic. It's been approximately 6 months that I've had these pair of sunglasses and they seem to already be falling apart. The Ray-Ban logo attached to the left side of the glasses is loose and seems to be hanging on by a thread. I'm not sure if they were legitimate or not.
on July 19, 2012
Recently purchased these sunglasses as a replacement for a lost pair of Wayfarers. This model looks similar to my old glasses but with a larger field of view. Extremely comfortable and would appear to be very durable. The view through these glasses is clear and sharp. I know from my first pair that the lens are fairly scratch resistent. Assuming I don't lose these like the first pair, they should be a pleasure to own and a better value that any $20 pair of drugstore glasses.

I purchased these from an Amazon retailer, "Paris Miki Optical". Although they had the lowest price (plus free shipping and no tax), I was shocked at how fast I received them. I ordered them on Saturday evening and received them via FedEx Tuesday afternoon. The perfect purchase experience.
on March 31, 2015
I am about 95% certain these are fakes. I have previously bought the same exact pair of sunglasses from this same dealer. They were great and I could tell the authenticity without a problem. However, they were unfortunately stolen from my room at college and I decided to buy the same pair since I loved them so much. Well, the second pair is completely different. The case is a different color and even feels different. It's a light tan/brown with a very cheap interior compared to the genuine black case that I have from the previous pair. The etching in the lens looks cheap and same with the Ray Ban logo. Also, the polarization is completely garbage. Iphones are similarly made with a slight polarization in the screen. So when you look at your screen with polarized glasses, you can almost notice a slight color change or reflection. However, it's as if I am looking through cheap sunglasses when I look at my phone. I hope I can exchange these for another pair as summer is quickly approaching.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.