Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ray-Ban RB4105 Folding Wayfarer Sunglasses
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on June 6, 2011
Made in Italy, great quality for the price. Made by Luxottica (largest frame manufacturer in the world, for brand like gucci, prada, etc. w/ 300% markups at retail stores). These are well worth the price for the quality and style you are getting.

Sizing
50's are the normal sized lenses, 55's are oversized (if you like that style)
Brown come only in 50's, black in both sizes.
Also the lenses are more of a 90 degree angle unlike the original wayfarers which have more of a tilt.

Hope this helps.
33 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2013
These are my favorite pair of ray ban sunglasses! Before purchasing this pair, I tried on the original style wayfarer and the new style wayfarer, but these folding wayfarer fit the best. I felt the OG style wayfarer were too boxy and big on my face as well as much heavier on the face and has a large tilt. The new style wayfarer seemed too small on my face and didn't have that stand out pop as the OG. The folding wayfarer fit perfectly, does not have a large tilt so does not look awkward when you smile with it on, and about 3 times as lighter than the OG while maintaining the classic ray ban look. Also, the fit is a little tighter as it wraps around the head more than the OG and the legs are bit shorter. Hopefully this helps, but the best way to compare is to try on all 3 before buying one.
on February 10, 2016
I saw these sunglasses from my friend. He has the same pair and we wanted to get matching sets.
Turns out they don't match one bit. He ordered his off the official site and look exactly like the picture shown.

However, They came extremely dark green with no color to them. Really ugly compared to the picture...
After having them for like a day and extremely disappointed, i returned them...

Who ever sells these should either be marked as a scammer or darken their images to the make the sunglasses look like the ugly ones i received...
on February 15, 2016
I REALLY LIKE THESE BUT FOLDING THEM UP DOESN'T ACTUALLY SAVE THAT MUCH SPACE, IF ANY.

They're about as the same size as regular wayfarers but they fold up to fit into a box about 3/4 the size of a cigarette box.

Not exactly slim and very awkward to fit into your pocket, so, what's really the point of these folding up?

I honestly have NOT found any practical use for them folding up, if anything, it makes them more annoying as it's difficult to put on with one hand.

These are my first pair of genuine Ray-Bans and the quality is outstanding. I've dropped them more times than I can count and the knock-offs could've cracked, broken, after 2-3 drops. These have stood up extremely well so far.
on March 19, 2015
NOT AUTHENTIC RAY-BANS

You get what you pay for here. I bought these to replace a pair of folding Wayfarers that I lost, but unfortunately there were several noticeable differences in quality.

They aren't a bad pair of sunglasses - they just aren't authentic. At 80% of the price of the real thing you're probably better off just paying the difference.
on February 5, 2016
After a decade long break, Ray-Ban has re-released the Original Wayfarer in different styles to reflect the times. The Wayfarer Folding RB4105 Sunglasses are updated with folding frames. The RB 4105 is designed with a saddle nose bridge and adjustable temples for maximum comfort. Featured on the temples and on the right lens is the signature Ray-Ban logo. All Ray-Ban sunglasses have scratch/impact-resistant lenses that ensure 100%: UV protection & superb optical clarity. You probably recognize these iconic sunglasses. They were featured in many classic films. Stars like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, Jim Belushi & Dan Akroyd in The Blues Brothers, or Tom Cruise in Risky Business. Basically, There really is nothing like the real thing... This is it. Size: 50-22-140 mm/ 54-20-140 mm.

Wayfarers signify what the look of rock and roll is all about. Classically framed and completely iconic, this fold-up style from Ray-Ban is lightweight and durable and ready to exude some serious attitude.

I love these sunglasses! I owned them before, and apparently someone else loved them too because they stole them. Anyways, with Amazons great pricing, and free shipping, I re-purchased them. I have a round face, and it's hard to find sunglasses that don't rest on my cheek. The classic wayfarer are to small for my head. But the oversize fit just right, and are not to heavy. These are definitely my go to sunglasses.
on October 30, 2015
These are great glasses. I had some Maui Jim's that I really liked, but the lenses just weren't dark enough, and frankly, they were a little old man looking, i'm almost 40 but not there yet :-) these have the classic Wayfarer look, I got the 54 mm size which does not have the sharp downward angle of the glasses and fit my bigger face much better, the 50 mm are pretty much unwearable for me.

The plain G 15 lenses are fantastic for casual use in bright California sun. I like these so much that I ended up getting a pair of polarized predators too for fishing and boating, these wayfarers are not very practical for that, they allow a lot of sun in from the side, they are not polarized, etc. both have equal darkening, the wayfarers look a lot cooler, so depending on what I'm doing, I'm set.
on October 22, 2014
These fold up into a nice little box and come with a lens cleaner rag.
They aren't too dark when I put them on so I get to see everything clearly with a tinge of yellowing.
I have other glasses that are way too dark to see through and make daytime seem like night.
These also look good on everyone that I've seen wear them. They are darker than the picture in this post made me believe and I prefer the darker color over what seemed to be lighter.

One slight con is that the ear pieces are slightly short. They fit comfortably but it would have been nice to have the go a bit farther back on my ear. I always feel like if I was running or looking downward and moving my head, they might fall off.
on July 22, 2016
I'm bummed that these are without a doubt fake, sold by PrimeDeals Online. They are good fakes, but that's not what you're paying for! Right out of the box, the fit was off, the lens sticker was one I hadn't seen before, and the case was different than normal. I decided to compare it to my real folding wayfarers as these were a my 2nd pair (and in a diff color). The insignia on both sides doesn't match up, along with the color and quality of printing. The font on the interior left is different, the "RB4105" is way too far down on the end, and the quality and color of printing doesn't match my pair or even what's printed on the right hand side. On the right, the printing is much fainter and doesn't match the font size of the real ones. The quality of the plastic frame is different and it doesn't sit perfectly flush unfolded in the front hinge area unless I force it into that position. Last but not least, the cleaning cloth was loose in the box (tell-tale sign), the box was beat up, and the ray ban pamphlet was shoved in there. Also the "ray ban" on the sides isn't as raised as it should be. Also, the small black case should say "folding wayfarer" and is a much softer material than the case I received.

If you've purchased these, I'm sorry! You can try to take it up with Amazon or the seller, or contest the charge with your credit card company.

In short, I compared these to a pair I bought at an authorized retailer and while they're devent fakes, many things didn't match up.
on March 2, 2016
A lovely item, you will love the smallness that comes when you order these: A small gray Ray Ban box, with a nice black case and, in addition to the factory RB cloth, a thick big polishing cloth from Sunglass Expo, which helps protect it. Only thing I do not like is the fact that, when folded, the two segments nearer to the lenses rub against each other when folded, and probably will make these segments all scratched if you do not place some proetction between them. Not a big deal, but I intend to keep these as goos as new. Same size than my 60's original Wayfarers. And when folded, they do not occupy much space. Very happy with it, let us hope the plastic silver colored central piece that holds the lenses together, lasts a long time with gentle use. Superfast delivery from this store.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse