We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Sunglasses Black Frame/Green Lens
- Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- ASIN: B003CIP4TE
- Item model number: PC105291F04
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 19, 2012
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
1. Authenticity: All of the 3 pairs were sold by Amazon.com, and they all seemed genuine to me. Not even a doubt. Solid and clear. I did notice that the black pair was missing the engraved "RB" on the back of the left lenses. I don't know why.
2. Polarized: The polarized feature doesn't bother me at all in reading LCD screens, nor does it improve the view much (it cuts out a little more light, but not much difference).
3. Sizing: I am a small guy and have narrow face. The 52mm is definitely for children: a bit tight (even for me) and looks like a toy; The 55mm looks great, although i feel they can be loose sometimes (look good, but wear loose). I strongly recommend 55mm if you have to get these, unless you are buying for your kids.
4. Looks: They both look great, but I prefer the tortoise ones that are a little bit different but not too special. Another thing to note is that other people can see your eyes more easily through the ordinary lenses than the polarized lenses.
5. comparison to the OriginalWayfarer (2140): later I got a pair of 2140 (Original Wayfarer, 54mm, tortoise color) for my cousin. The Original Wayfarers are a bit more expensive, but feel they are of better quality: stronger metal hinge, thicker and heavier plastic. Size-wise, the Original Wayfarers are between the 55mm and 52mm New Wayfarers. Style-wise, the Original Wayfarers have a larger angle pointing forward.
Try them out in store and buy them here! great quality and price. Just make sure they are "sold by Amazon.Read more ›
However the design became near extinct in the early 1980s due to the decline in sales of the 1970s. Despite the slight reemergence in 1980, due majorly in part to the Dan Aykroyd/John Belushi hit movie The Blues Brothers, Wayfarers were on the verge of discontinuation; selling only 18,000 pairs in 1981.
As fate would have it Wayfarers were completely resurrected in 1982 when Ray-Ban signed a yearly payment contract with Unique Product Placement of Burbank, California for $50,000. The deal was simple: Wayfarers were to appear in 60 Hollywood films and television shows per year for the next five years in exchange for $250,000. It was a contract that made Ray-Ban millions and projected the classic Wayfarer design across the world. Movie stars, musicians, artists and celebrities alike wore them in films, music videos, photographs and magazines making Wayfarers the sunglasses of necessity for the 1980s.
The roller coaster ride hit a drop in the 1990s when 'wrap-around' frames popularized the market, striking a blow to the classic Wayfarer design and leaving them forgotten to the masses yet again. That is until 2001 when the New Wayfarers made the scene with a smaller and less angular design, a lighter injected plastic and a multitude of new colors.Read more ›
1) No Ray-Ban logo on the right and left temples of the sunglasses.
2) On the inside temple it said, "Made in China".
3) The lenses were cheap plastic lenses, and I purchased the "polarized lenses".
4) The sunglasses for larger than 55mm, not the 52mm that I ordered.
Be wary when ordering these sunglasses from Amazon.com!
I notified Amazon of this and they assured me that this was not allowed and they would take care of it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These glasses are so cheap... The rayban logo on the lense rubbed off in a week and just look so poorly made in general. Not with $.Published 5 months ago by Alicia Kasper
I love the quality of these wayfarer sunglasses! As expected from ray ban! Thanks a lot.Published 5 months ago by Debble
I'm glad I bought the new wayfarer (instead of the original). They fit very well and are not heavy to wear. Read morePublished 5 months ago by DAVID HUTTON
I took it to a Rayban store and have it checked it out whether its legit or not. They the lens and it came out to be fake. Read morePublished 6 months ago by David L.
I really like the sunglasses; and when I was reading the reviews about the condition the Rayban boxes come in, it was a huge concern for me. Read morePublished 6 months ago by HelloKiwii
Awesome sunglasses! They make me look hip and trendy whenever i wear them. Materials used were high end.Published 6 months ago by Jayson Clark