Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on November 16, 2011
I ask myself when was the last time I had this much fun playing a game? I honestly don't remember, but it's been a long long while. The breathtaking graphics, the whimsical music, the ingenious game design, the challenge it offers, the variety of characters and landscapes, and the magical controls are all done to perfection. They just don't make games like this anymore! That is an absolute shame, too! Don't me wrong, I love me some FPS's and open world RPG's, but don't we have more than enough of those? Even enough if we could get 3 or 4 games of Rayman: Origins' ilk every year I'd be giddy with ecstaticism. There are few too many sidescrolling 2-D platformers...

If it were up to my vote, I'd give Rayman game of the year. But that's not going to happen. The huge budget, adult oriented games such as Batman and Uncharted will take that coveted award. Nothing against those games... I love'em both. However, Rayman will be heavily overlooked because it's going to be looked at as a kiddie game and because we as gamers have shrugged 2-D platformers aside in favor of ultra realistic FPS's and RPG's. With the exception of Mario titles(which have largely become 3-D) and a yearly crappy(usually) Sonic title we don't ever get any platformers. So, here's my vote that we get a new Rayman title every year.

If I were say all the things I wanted to say about Rayman: Origins and about how amazing it is I would go well beyond the 1500 word review limit. If you even have the slightest interest in 2-D sidescrolling platformers you should buy this. I will say this is a challenging game, but not so much that it makes you want to break/throw the controller. It gets more difficult towards the end. It's kind of ironic that many will view Rayman as a kiddie game, but most adults will be humbled at the challenge and ingenuitiy it presents. You know, I'll retract that statement I made earlier: I don't care what genre of gaming you like or don't like and I dare you to not love Rayman: Origins. How is that for a bold statement?!

I haven't played through all of Rayman, yet. But I think I'm close to the end(the sea level) and according to the back cover there are over 60 stages to play through. Sounds about right. Tons of replayability and fun to be found here, folks! If Rayman can't get game of the year, then it gets my FUN GAME OF THE YEAR AWARD. A perfect 10 out of 10 five star game!
88 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2012
A bit about myself: I am a seasoned gamer of 20+ years that has played classic platforming games since the NES and constantly seeks out challenging, skillful action games to sink my teeth into - games like Ninja Gaiden, Viewtiful Joe, Ikaruga, or Dark Souls. Rayman Origins is right up my alley.

Art & Presentation
Rayman Origins one of the best looking games on the modern console generation. It's easily apparent that everything drawn on screen has been delicately but perfectly placed among the creatively drawn environments. Rayman looks better than ever and the art style suits his world far more than anything in full 3D ever did (including the more classic games of Rayman 2 and 3, prior to all the Rabbids detours). If you're looking for an aesthetically beautiful experience, you'll certainly find it here. The catchy soundtracks will put a smile on your face, and if not, I'm certain the fish's singing will.

Gameplay
Moving on to the meat of the game, the gameplay consists of some of the best platforming seen on this console generation. The mechanics and abilities may be familiar, but the controls are incredibly tight. Running, jumping, and climbing are all fluidly done, and Rayman Origins is among a rare breed of platformer where underwater levels are a joy to play rather than a hindrance. Seasoned gamers can challenge themselves by trying to maximize the amount of pickups they get per level, which leads unlocking of different character skins - however, the challenge without the reward is more than enough to keep most gamers satisfied. This is certainly a throwback to old school platformers where completion may not be incredibly challenging, but the extras certainly are. All in all, if you enjoy platformers or action games along the likes of Super Mario Brothers, Megaman, or even skillful action games like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden, you may find a great gameplay experience with Rayman Origins. "Hop in" cooperative multiplayer similar to New Super Mario Brothers is also present here for 2-4 players, which is an enjoyable addition as well. Gameplay is mixed up from time to time by sidescroller shooting (not a strong suit, but not a hindrance either) and 'chase' levels where the player tries to follow a treasure chest running away (these are a blast, and very challenging).
on December 10, 2011
I must've played the first original Rayman game and loved it. That must have been 10 years ago and I don't think I've seen anything like it ever since with the direction they took with 3d and most recently, the atrocious Rabbids. However, as pretty much everyone else has mentioned in their reviews, this is not only a fresh break from all the other kinds of games out there, but it's so fun and whimsical, it'll suck you right into the Rayman world its visuals, music, gameplay, and overall atmosphere. The game definitely is more fun while playing with others but solo is great as well. So do yourself a favor and get yourself Rayman. I just hope we won't have to wait another decade or so for Ubisoft to give us more Rayman like this.
on December 7, 2012
If you liked New Super Mario Bro. Wii at all or Little Big Planet, the gameplay is somewhat similar here. This a beautiful and unique 4-player platform that is actually superior to both Super Mario Bro. Wii in my opinion with a wider array of characters, types of stages, music and quirks. I, personally, enjoy this more than Little Big Planet, but customization-enthusiasts will prefer LBP. Nevertheless, the price this is going for now, it's definitely a must-buy.
on January 19, 2012
This game is amazing! its visuals are beautiful, the fact that some of it was drawn was outstanding, the gameplay is great, its pretty challenging and hard, its so much fun to play this with your friends or family at your house! even though it doesn't have online co-op, its still amazing to play with your friends. This is a must have for any platforming gaming fan!
on November 15, 2011
I rarely write reveiws to products but after playing this game it deserve to be hear how amazing this rare gem of a game really is. I mean play the first world alone for just an hour and it have my vote for being the best 2d platform game I play in a long time(I also have that new Kirby game and I hate to say this game is much freaking sweetier) and the graphic really caught my eyes it like cartoon, comic strip, and child storybook put togethere. The gameplay is amazing it feel like a classic old school game at its best. There has been so many positive review all over the web about this underrated gem of a game. If you want a fun game this holiday season this is the game and especially for the 2d platformer fans. The main thing I love about this game is the artwork they put in to this game it a huge WOW factor. All the games I see came out this year this should be put on the list of 2011 Game of the year with out doubt in my mind. I really do recommend this game to anybody that just want to have freaking sweet fun time.Rayman Origins to me is a work of amazing art in motions and 2011 GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!
on December 15, 2011
this game is totally awesome, but you should know that by now. i preordered with amazon and received a really nice hardcover art book. amazon is the way to go. i had zenoblade preordered for about 6 months but gamestop stole the glory and i'm disappointed with nintendo for that. amazon has never burst my bubble.
on September 24, 2014
This is one of the best remake games! I loved this game when I was younger and I still have the original for Playstation. It's great and fun to play.
on December 28, 2015
Lots of fun
on December 27, 2012
I've played a few Rayman in my time and was ok with them. This one is by far the best to me. I've played with my little ones since we can all play at once. Very fun.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.