Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 100 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 148 reviews
on October 3, 2012
I have this game for the PS3 and for my Vita. I would say it looks even better on the Vita, mainly because my tv isn't an OLED tv and the Vita's OLED screen looks amazing. And the game for both platforms is virtually the same with the exception that on the Vita version, if you pinch the screen you can zoom in or out on the game which is a cool addition.

My girlfriend loves this game. I get frustrated with it because I am impatient and kind of a caveman. This game can be unforgiving and pretty damn hard at times. Sometimes I will die 50 plus times on one level that should only be a 5 minute level because some of the level design for this game is made so you have to play it perfect or you'll die. Some levels the screen moves and you have to keep up with it and if you don't, you die. So your timing has to be perfect. I've watched my girlfriend play a 5 minute level for an hour because she wanted to collect everything in it, which you need to do to unlock the 60 plus levels.

This game looks like you're playing a traditional 2D animated movie, it is hands down one of the best looking games I've seen, has amazing music, is responsive in its controls and is really fun. It's multiplayer too which is great. I know some people won't be patient enough for this game (like me at times) but it really is worth all the frustration. I am not a Rayman fan, aside from some Raving Rabbids games, this is the only Rayman game I've actually played and it blew my mind. It's one of the most charming games I've ever played, has some of the best level design in a 2D side scroller I've ever seen. I don't like Mario games, but if you do like Mario games, I think you'll like this even better. The flying levels and underwater levels are borderline jaw dropping.

This game was the sleeper hit of 2011, look it up on Metacritic, it's like the best scored game of the year next to Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham City, yea...it's that good. If you have a Vita, you need this game. If you don't and are thinking about getting this and have a PS3, get it for that. This is so worth the money.
on February 28, 2012
After playing the ps3 version, I decided to give the Vita version a try. The fact that the Vita version is a handheld version, I didn't expect it to be better than the console version, but boy was I wrong on this.

The Vita gives it vibrant colors with beautiful details in a way it will draw you in. Playing this game on the go will actually feel like a unique experience compared to the console versions. This games offers more features as collecting shards that will be used to unlock images within the two caves at the beginning of the game.

The vita also uses the touchscreen to zoom in and zoom out in certain locations making it easier to view more details within the area and give you an advantage against the enemies.

The game itself is not only beautiful to look at, but gives you a moment of nostalgia when seeing it for the first time as it plays like the original games from the playstation era.

The only downfall of this game is that it doesn't have any co-op except for a race event where you try to get to the leaderboards and have the best time score possible.

With the amazing graphics this game has and the unique experience, you will fall in love with this game.
5/5
on July 23, 2013
I am very late to this party. I have wanted to purchase Rayman Origins for quite a while but I've never pulled the trigger. Well, lately I've been jonesin' for a new Vita game and saw this title was on the cheap for pretty much every platform it has been released on.

Why not?

Well, I got it in from Amazon and found that this game is quite wonderful. The platforming is pretty standard fare with some punches and kicks for good measure. However, the level design and visual aesthetic and general tone of the game is where this game really shines.

The 2D graphics are sharp, crisp, and lush! Levels are slick and whimsical. The game is quite funny to boot.

Negatives for the Vita only lay in the fact that this seems to be an exact replica of the home console version. This is a bittersweet issue - this seems to be an exact port but because of that the sprites are very small of the handheld's screen. The game compensates for this by allowing zooming with a pinch action on the Vita screen. This, however, reduces visibility of what is going around Rayman.

Despite this, the game is perfectly playable. The sprites are just a little small.

Anyway, the game is highly recommended and I'm looking forward to the sequel on the Wii U which I will be buying at release!
on January 31, 2013
Not just your average side-scrolling platformer, which it comes off as at first. This game is great for all ages and skill levels, and I don't mean that to sound like a generic video game plug. It is the truth. I was surprised to find how frustrating some of the levels can be when trying to collect everything(which is not necessary to beat the game). Easy enough for a beginner to get through, but if you are like me and can't leave a game alone until it is 100% complete then you will be surprised at how many times you will find yourself very frustrated with a level. Beautiful graphics(looks like you're playing a modern cartoon), a variety of playable characters, and a nice touch of depth with optional extra challenges for more experienced gamers, this game is great for anyone.
I would also like to note, for those who don't know, that this is the exact same game as the PS3 version by the same name. The only difference would be that the graphics are slightly better on the PS3, but the Vita comes very close and this game shows it. Impressive for a handheld game, both the PS Vita and Rayman Origins together create an incredible console experience that 10 years ago I would have never imagined was possible outside the living room. Now you can take it anywhere in your pocket. Gotta love technology!
on March 3, 2012
If I could give it 6 stars I would! This game is simply amazing! The levels are gorgeous, and well laid out! Rayman is very responsive, and has enough abilities to make the game challenging yet never impossible! I honestly have never had this much fun with a side-scroller that wasn't Mario. The game is a masterpiece!

In a world of gaming filled with increasingly realistic real world graphics, it's so refreshing to see a game like this. If you were a fan of 8 & 16 bit games from the 80s & 90s, this is the game for you! It feels like those classic side-scrollers, but with absolutely breathtaking visuals! You just want to keep playing, because it's so beautiful, and you want to see more.

The game isn't just a pretty face, it's super-fun and addicting too! Plus considering how much unlockable/hidden things there are to find, it must be a huge game as well. Definitely worth the $40 price tag on Vita, and it's the perfect portable game. However the beauty of this game is that EVERYONE can enjoy it no matter what console you have. It's on every current console (except 3DS, but it has Rayman 3D which I assume is a 3D remake of the original game from the 90s) and PC!

If you are on the fence about this game, jump in! If you don't like this game, you simply don't like video games, and should find a new hobby. It's that good!
on July 31, 2012
I just simply love everything about this game. I own it both on the PS3 and of course the Vita. The fact that it made me abandon the PS3 version for the Vita version is enough right there to let me (and others) know that you get nothing but positives from the Vita version. The Vita's screen really makes the beautiful HD pop out, the colors really stand out, the frame rate is silky smooth and don't get me started on the gameplay. Nothing is absent in terms of what was included in the Console version except one thing... The one catch is that there is no split screen multiplayer action like on the console version. That is important depending on the person. To me it wasn't even an issue as if I truly wanted to play with some friends or the GF, I'd just pop in the PS3 version. Keeping all this in mind, if I had to choose between the two, I would 100% go with the Vita version. Simply fun and addicting game. One of the best platformers on a portable. Recommended wholeheartedly. You will NOT be disappointed.
on April 16, 2012
I didn't pick up the console version for this game when t came out because I didn't see myself sitting down and playing this on my 360 or PS3. But when I heard it was coming out for the Vita I was very excited.

It's a perfect pick up and play kind of game to kill time. An excellent platformer, and it looks beautiful on the Vita, it lags for a split second when it's loading a new area, but nothing major. The touch screen capabilities are slim, but work very well. You can touch enemies or the Lums that are "bubblezied"...And it works perfectly, which is personally why I think the game is better on Vita than it would be on a console.

If you like the old school side scrolling platformers, this is for you. Lots of hidden collectables to find, and there's a Ghost mode where you try to beat your best time. Lots of replay value.

Theres no local multiplayer like the console versions have, but I don't think I would've taken advantage of that anyway.

Fun, colorful, original game that is a must have for any Vita owners.
on February 29, 2012
While some games today rely on crazy gadgets and stellar graphics, this game takes us back to the basics: 2D platforming. I really didn't see myself picking this game up let alone enjoying it (being more into role-playing, adventure and shooting games) but it's a blast. From collecting all the hidden relics to completing the level time trials, this game has a lot of extras beyond the basic campaign to give this game a high replay value. It's nice once in a while to be able to return to your gaming roots and play a fun, captivating, and most importantly entertaining platformer.
on August 11, 2013
I bought the Vita version with my Vita, mainly cause at the time it was $20 cheaper than any other version. I've since played the game on three other consoles to 100% (yes it's that good) and am truly blown away every time. From the sweeping hand-drawn animated landscapes, to the smooth and nearly flawless frame rate, to the challenging-but-not-soul-wrenching-challenging to the game's difficulty, everything about Origins is near perfection. If there were any cons to the game at all I would probably say that the challenges (mostly time limits) become a little redundant after a while. I love this game and can't wait for Legends hoping it replicates the greatness that this one restored to the Platforming genre.
on January 13, 2013
Rayman Origins on the Vita is masterful. Its poetic in its motion. A simple, beautifully presented action platform game. It utilizes the touch screen for certain control inputs. You can even zoom in on your character without any hiccups or slowdowns! Action can get fast paced and fun. This is a game built for speed runs. If you like to take it slow, you can appreciate the secret doors and easter eggs hidden in each level. This game rewards exploration!

Comic note: The "pig latin" type voice overs for characters makes me chuckle. Whenever I play this game I can't help but laugh and enjoy the onscreen action.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.