Customer Reviews: Rayman Origins - PlayStation Vita
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

Format: Video Game|Change

on January 13, 2013
Rayman Origins on the Vita is masterful. Its poetic in its motion. A simple, beautifully presented action platform game. It utilizes the touch screen for certain control inputs. You can even zoom in on your character without any hiccups or slowdowns! Action can get fast paced and fun. This is a game built for speed runs. If you like to take it slow, you can appreciate the secret doors and easter eggs hidden in each level. This game rewards exploration!

Comic note: The "pig latin" type voice overs for characters makes me chuckle. Whenever I play this game I can't help but laugh and enjoy the onscreen action.
on March 28, 2014
Sony gave this away as part of their PSN Instant Games Collection. I give it a 10 out of 10.
I now have every Rayman game that ever existed on my wish list.

For perspective, if my raving about it hasn't sold you enough,
I've been playing Mario games since 1985 and I have never found a platformed to rival Mario, until now.
Wish I had checked Rayman out back in the PS1 days, but now have something to do after I Platinum the
current Rayman games.
on June 24, 2013
My favorite genre in video games is 2d platformers and I have played them all from Super Mario Bros 1 all the way through this. Nothing gets me more annoyed than a game in this genre with controls that are not perfect. This game nails it. The graphics are beautiful, the contro is perfect, and the game is so much fun. I don't generally have the patience to get a platinum trophy in a video game but I enjoyed every challanging minute and achieved a platinum trophy. This game is not easy, it is not impossible, but it is just right. I already have my preorder in for the Vita version of Rayman Legends because I just can't get enough! There is no reason to hesitate, buy this game now!
on August 11, 2013
I bought the Vita version with my Vita, mainly cause at the time it was $20 cheaper than any other version. I've since played the game on three other consoles to 100% (yes it's that good) and am truly blown away every time. From the sweeping hand-drawn animated landscapes, to the smooth and nearly flawless frame rate, to the challenging-but-not-soul-wrenching-challenging to the game's difficulty, everything about Origins is near perfection. If there were any cons to the game at all I would probably say that the challenges (mostly time limits) become a little redundant after a while. I love this game and can't wait for Legends hoping it replicates the greatness that this one restored to the Platforming genre.
on March 12, 2012
I have been playing games almost all my life, but in that time I was losing my interest for platformers little by little. Eventually I just didn't like them anymore, they weren't as good. But then a friend recommended this game and kept on it for weeks until I gave in and got it.. I was blown away with it. All that was awesome about platformers came back with improvements at every detail. The art on the game is just beautiful, fluid, and so fun I can't stop laughing over most of the character animations. The music and sound effects are top notch and the controls and game play are some of the best I've had, ever.
Overall its awesome.
A truly great platformer. It even made me take the time to write this, that means a lot XD.
on June 17, 2013
In today's world where all game developers want to do is come up with another first person shooter game with different story, RAYMAN developers are thinking different. The best game on Vita...period. Get one for kids and for yourself.

Awesome graphics
Awesome music
and most of all best gameplay; very challenging and engaging.
We got this both for Vita and PS3 as vita doesn't allow saving multiple progresses and I wanted my son to complete all on his own. It really gets challenging as you progress.

I am so looking forward to Legends...Kudos to the developers at UbiSoft.
on March 14, 2013
There a some good touches that makes me this this was developed with the Vita in mind. This is a once every 10 year game! It's fairly long in terms of platforming and even longer for the perfectionist/tropy hunter. The controllers are straightforward with some added touchscreen capabilities; I'm referring to the "popping" of the enemies and pinch-to-zoom in/out. The only reason why I'm taking a star away is because it's so similar to the PS3 version that I'm dissapointed they don't have Cross-platform capabilities. It doesn't bother me that there is no co-op on the Vita verion since it can make things really confusing and cluttered - I'd rather just hand it off and let my wife beat a level.
on April 28, 2012
Great game for children and adults. Its like a SuperMario style 2D game, but with great graphics and innovative game play. Its hard to put it down once you get into Gaming Mode. Even after you finish the game, you can always play it again and challenge yourself to find all the treasures, coins, and rescue the caged bubbles. And after that see if you can complete the levels by a certain time to get the trophies.

I'd recommend this game to everyone!
on April 16, 2012
I didn't pick up the console version for this game when t came out because I didn't see myself sitting down and playing this on my 360 or PS3. But when I heard it was coming out for the Vita I was very excited.

It's a perfect pick up and play kind of game to kill time. An excellent platformer, and it looks beautiful on the Vita, it lags for a split second when it's loading a new area, but nothing major. The touch screen capabilities are slim, but work very well. You can touch enemies or the Lums that are "bubblezied"...And it works perfectly, which is personally why I think the game is better on Vita than it would be on a console.

If you like the old school side scrolling platformers, this is for you. Lots of hidden collectables to find, and there's a Ghost mode where you try to beat your best time. Lots of replay value.

Theres no local multiplayer like the console versions have, but I don't think I would've taken advantage of that anyway.

Fun, colorful, original game that is a must have for any Vita owners.
on June 6, 2013
This is really the most vibrant and colorful Rayman game there is.
It's just oozing with colors. The game has very little story overall and it's only single-player. Which is the gut punch to it. Although, I couldn't care less for multi-player, it would be nice for it to support, at least, two-player co-op, for the most part.

But other than that, it runs very smoothly and has similar content like it's console counterpart. Just with touchscreen controls. I recommend it if you enjoy Rayman on the go.

See 1 answered question