Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Raymond Weil Men's 9578-STC-00300 "Tradition" Analog Black Dress Watch
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on September 24, 2014
This is a seriously classy watch. The size and weight are just right, and the date on the top is a unique detail. Weil's are not inexpensive watches, and this one is a comparative bargain at this prince. The hands are only slightly blue, probably a shade darker than vintage Weil's, but consistent with newer models.
on October 12, 2014
Classy and attractive, this beautiful time piece has the added advantage of calendar date numbers that are larger than 99% of all watches out there, making the day of the month very easy to read at a glance while also creating a very striking appearance. I get may compliments on the appearance of this watch, terms like bold, classy and an elegant simplicity. Purchased mine from Costco for half the price markof this Amazon dealer and of course it comes with Costco's life time satisfaction guarantee.
on January 27, 2016
This is my third Raymond Weil watch and I'm a fan of the brand so my review might be a little biased.

I really love this watch and I get lots of compliments when I wear it. I'd go as far as to say this is my favorite watch in my collection. As another reviewer said, pictures do not do it justice. It's very refined looking and elegant in an understated way. It's is a large watch but not it's uncomfortably large or heavy. However, it is large enough to make buttoning the sleeves of some brands of dress shirts almost impossible (no problems with French cuffs though). Not really an issue for me, I just pick a shirt that works with the watch.

The only thing I really didn't like about this watch was the band. I don't have a really large wrist but the stock band on this watch looked tiny and cheap. Not what I'd expect on a watch that supposedly retailed for $1,250.00. Perhaps I got a watch set up for a market other than the US, I'm not sure. However, I swapped it out for a Hadley Roma contrast stitch band and it completely transformed the watch. Made it super stunning! Issue solved but that's a one star deduct since I had to buy a band for a brand new watch.

The only real problem I've had in a year of ownership is with the durability of the inner works. The watch slipped off my bed and fell onto a rug that was on a hardwood floor. That two foot fall knocked the hands out of alignment and jarred something inside that made the watch completely stop. I took it to my jeweler and he got it working again but now it's randomly stopping so it's back at the jeweler again. Hopefully he can find the problem and get it resolved this time. Since I caused the issue I'm not deducting any stars but buyers need to be aware that these watches are quite fragile.

Overall, I love the watch and if this one can't be repaired I'll consider buying another. I'll just be a lot more careful with the replacement.
on May 8, 2015
I just got one of these for half this price elsewhere. This is a classy and tasteful watch. Not too small, not too big, its on the heavier side which I do like. If a watch is too light i somehow feel im not getting my money's worth! Its a great looking watch, the face is clean, and the roman numerals are quite tasteful. The small second dial on the front is a nice touch. It would have been too plain without that. The crown is marked with the RW logo, as is the back. Nice leather band, marked with the logo, as is the buckle. This watch is a winner and I highly reccomend this brand. Ive been buying watches for 40 years. But shop around until you find the right deal for you.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2016
I bought this watch almost 2 years ago and it is dead now - for repair I am having to pay $150.00. So I would say it is just an okay purchase with some consolation that you are wearing a swiss watch. But not really? This is my first online review for anything...
on September 15, 2015
Just received my new watch and love it. It is beautiful and I am proud to wear it. I did much research before buying and it paid off. This is my second Raymond Weil watch. A great brand.
on August 22, 2015
Dead on arrival. Extremely disappointed.
on April 20, 2014
The hands of the watch are not nearly as blue as shown. In person, it appears "barely" blue--black with a bluish tint.