Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Razer Goliathus Omega Mouse Mat - Precision Control Surface
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on August 1, 2010
After having owned this pad for a little over a year now I can say with a rather high degree of confidence that this is by far the best mouse pad I have ever owned. The giant surface space this mouse consumes gives you a large work area to use your mouse where large movements of your hand are necessary. However, it's large size tends to consume a large portion of desk space so make sure you have enough room before purchasing.

The primary concerns I had when purchasing a cloth mouse pad were three fold:

First, I was concerned with the pas moving around the desk and not staying in place. This proved to be a non issue as this pad ad-hears to whatever surface you place it on and firmly holds its ground to even the most rigorous hand movements.

Second, I was worried about a cloth mouse pad accumulating and absorbing "hand junk" (that mixture of dead skin and oil that gets all over your mouse if you haven't cleaned it in awhile) however the mouse pad seems almost impervious to "hand junk" and did not stain or smear or accumulate on the surface. The mouse pad from time to time would get pizza sauce or some other matter on it but would wipe clean with only a moist cloth.

Third, I was concerned on its efficiency and ability to help me perform mouse actions in a competitive and demanding gaming environment. I must say I never hand mouse skipping or any kind of issue in relation to mouse errors while using this pad.

Overall, this is an excellent professional gaming mouse pad and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a solid and portable gaming mouse for use with gaming that will last you many many years to come.
on July 15, 2011
I'm a FPS guy from way back (think DOOM). I have been using your standard Fry's issue cloth covered rubbery substance mouse pads for years. Recently, i purchased a Razer keyboard and mouse (Mamba), which i like very much. But my mouse would jump around a lot while i was typing. And the tracking wasn't the smoothest. Given the incredible accuracy of the mouse, i thought it worth trying a purpose built Razer mouse pad. well, it came to day and NOW I get it. The pad is MUCH better than what I was using, i get very smooth, accurate tracking in my FPS (COD), and a lot less effort. I purchased the Control version after reading a lot of your reviews of each, and I think this definitely is the right choice for me. I can't imagine having it faster, this is perfect cross between speed and control for me.

Note - In the specs, Amazon lists the package dimensions. Not exactly helpful. What we want to know is the size of the mouse pad. I ordered the small (Omega) not knowing fully what size i was going to get. Turns out the small is your "normal" size mouse pad. Go into just about any computer store and look at the majority of the mouse pads for sale - that is the size of the small. Just what I wanted...
on November 1, 2011
Optical tracking and mouse movement are excellent. This pad is a little larger than I would prefer, but the smaller version was too small and I prefer having too much pad on my desk to not enough. For a quick frame of reference this pad is about 1 inch wider and 3 inches taller than a sheet of letter sized paper (rotate this 90 degrees as the longest dimension is horizontal/width).
on February 8, 2012
I recently bought a Razer Imperator 2012 gaming mouse, therefore I wanted a higher quality mousepad to pair with it. I was thinking about getting the Razer Scarab mousepad, however, I did not want to spend the $30 (doesn't make me feel right spending $30 on a mousepad). After reviewing various "popular" mouse pads for my new mouse, I decided on the Razer Goliathus Omega S - Control (Fragged). I gave it 3 stars, which stands for "it's ok" and it is OK. The mousepad is definitely fancier than a basic cloth mousepad (in functionality/design), the price is right, and the size is perfect for me (the Omega S is the same size as a typical cloth mousepad). I do think that the mousepad will do the job I bought it for. However, there is one issue I have with the pad. The feet of my mouse sometimes catch the highly textured surface of the pad. I am just a casual gamer so it's not that big of deal to me, but I can imagine it might be for some. Also, with the mouse feet catching here and there, I have a feeling it may prematurely wear out the surface of the mousepad. When used with a different mouse, the problem may or may not arise. If I did not have this issue, I would have given the mousepad 4 stars for being a good value entry level gaming mousepad.
on August 14, 2010
I bought this after purchasing the Razer Mamba mouse - certainly a very premo wireless gaming mouse. My only concern when buying it was the holes in my desk tray, so obviously I needed a mouse pad (my previous mouse was a ball mouse so I required no mouse pad). I figured if you're spending over $100 on a mouse you might as well get what's considered a "gaming" mouse pad. A razer one seemed fitting.

Anyway, onto the review. It's quite small - in fact it is so perfect for my desk tray I swear Razer came down to my house, measured the distance between my keyboard and the edge of the tray and made this pad. The texture is different than I had expected - I was expecting a rather glossy smooth finish. It's not. It's kind of a rough texture, but still smooth on the mouse. My mouse did occasionally tug and catch onto parts of the pad every now and again, but after a few weeks that seems to have ceased. Amazing control/accuracy, whether or not the mouse pad has anything to do with that I'm not sure but I'm bettin' it helps.

Definitely a worthwhile purchase, it'll be much better than anything you buy at Staples and it's only for an extra $5.
on October 3, 2010
The Goliathus is one hell of a mouse pad. For gaming it improves your accuracy so much, and is a clean feel when moving your mouse around. It is also just great for general use, it is big enough the I can set two mice on it for two different computers and have it still be comfortable. Also it is very sturdy, I have spilled things on it and it did not harden or stain or change the consistency of the mouse pad at all. It doesn't move at all on your desk surface unless you want it to, so you don't have to worry about it sliding around while you are gaming. A great buy for a great price, Razer really knows what they are doing.
review image
VINE VOICEon April 3, 2012
Here's a quick video to show you the design and how a mouse moves on this mouse pad.

Here is the written review:

Design
* The Goliathus logo is on the bottom left, and the snake logo on the top right. It looks very cool on the desk.
* The perimeter of the mouse pad is curved and smooth, which is nice, just in case your mouse slips off the edge. No interruptions.
* The back side, there is sticky rubber material to keep the mousepad stable and in place.
* Using the strength of the wrist, the mouse pad is very difficult to move.
* There are many little holes to make the mouse pad smooth. The material is a mesh, it feels like the material used for sports jerseys worn in basketball, but more tightly woven together.

Performance
* Moving feels very swift. It feels like there is minimal effort and glides easily across the mousepad.
* Left to right, diagonal ,circular, all types of directions feel smooth and accurate.
* The little mesh holes provide both smoothness and accuracy. When I stop, The mouse will not move until I move it again.

Overall, this gaming mouse pad is smooth, is stable, and is a solid option for any level of gamer. Actually, I use one for work, because I like moving quickly across the screen. So, it's not just for gamers, but anyone looking for control and accuracy.

Buy with confidence!
on October 29, 2010
It's really hard to mess up on a mouse mat right? Right. But Razer has gotten it down to a science. It didn't occur to me that I would need a gaming mat, considering I was still obtaining an impressive K/D ratio on my generic cloth mat, but I've gotten to try my boyfriend's Razer Mantis(S) and I've owned enough Razer products to recognize the sustainable quality they have in each product: none of their products I've encountered has ever felt cheap, or gimmicky. I wasn't thrilled about the Mantis speed; too smooth for my tastes--but noticed that they had Control mats as well, so it piqued my curiosity.

When shopping for a new mouse for boyfriend's birthday, I stumbled upon the Goliathus(C). I thought it was a pretty reasonable price, and I liked the woven feel of the mat so I gave it a shot. I gotta tell you, this mat has accuracy. The textured fibers give me just enough glide without having to sacrifice control (and strain my wrist movement.) The Goliathus(C) is comparable to butter: take as much as you want; no more, no less.

Do you need the Goliathus? No, because it's a luxury. You pay for comfort, and quality.

Take gaming seriously? Why not, play in comfort--you'll be there for a while ;)

Would I recommend this product? Whole heartedly.

GLHV
on May 17, 2011
I searched for a long time trying to find an affordable gaming mouspad that would give me smooth, quick, but still controlled and precise movemnt for my new Logitech G500 Laser Mouse. I though about going for a $10 mat, but figured it be best to stick with a well known gaming peripherial brand- Razer. I also did not want to drop $30+ bux for a mouse pad!

Pros:
-Reasonable price for superb performance.
-Smooth fabric that allows the mouse to glide EXTREMELY easily, yet go slow or stop on a dime with high accuracy and precision (versus some plastic super-slick mats that seem difficult to control).
-Works 100% perfectly with my Logitech G500 Laser mouse, no matter how high or low I turn the DPI.
-Durability: I spilled a flavored water vitamin drink on the mat (I was scared that It would cause it to be sticky!) but after a quick pad dry, and allowing it to dry in front of the window, it shows no difference - I forget that it even happened.
-The bottom surface allows the pad to stickk and stay place, have had NO problems with slippage, and I get quite a bit of dust in my appartment.
-No problems like others with random tracking issues etc.
-Looks fricken' cool! Not over the top.

Cons: NONE!
on October 8, 2010
I've owned this pad for a couple months now and I feel I can say without a doubt this is one of the best mouse pads I've ever used. The large surface allows for broad mouse movements, if you have the space for it on your desk it is definitely worth getting this large of a pad (if not the smaller sizes have all the other benefits that I list below).

The cloth pad's bottom sticks any surface you put it on, even a slippery glass table, and it remains in place after more "violent" mouse movements.

Despite its sticky bottom, the top of the pad provides fantastic glide and control for your mouse, after getting this pad I can honestly say that any "errors" I've had with mouse movements have been entirely my own fault. The amount of control you have with this pad is mind-boggling, your mouse WILL go to EXACTLY where you want it to go.

Also it comes in a very conveniently sized box perfect for rolling up the pad and taking it with you to a LAN party or whatever, giving you great portability.

This is easily one of the best gaming mouse pads I've ever seen and I would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone who wants pinpoint accuracy from their mouse.