Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on July 14, 2014
First off let me say that I bought these strictly for use as mobile earbuds to use with an iPod, earbuds aren't really comparable to overear headphones for many reasons (smaller drivers, obvious variances in the designs, ambient noise, etc.). That said, I did compare them to my personal studio headphones, a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990 pros, with both headsets running through a Fiio DAC E10 headphone amp, just to see how well they would stack up. Here are my totally subjective results:

PROS:
-The earbuds are constructed nicely, with durability in mind. They come with multiple tip sizes, so you can choose the ones that fit you best.
-These things are loud! Even at lower volumes these little earbuds put out some serious power.
-Thick lows, heavy bass. These were definitely designed with bassheads in mind, and even though I don't consider myself one, these things do make thrash and hard rock sound powerful.
-Reasonably comfortable in the ears. I've never really liked earbuds due to having small ears, which would get sore or start burning after having them in for only a few minutes. These buds are much better, I can keep them in for a full run or workout without having my ears start to hurt.

CONS:
-The bass, while good for the reasons I mentioned above, can really muddle with the mids and highs in other genres of music.
-Probably due to the fact that they are earbuds, music sounds a bit constrained and compressed. Picture listening to a loud band in a small closed room.
-While they do fit comfortably in my ears for a while, these still aren't something I can keep in my ears for hours on end, after an hour or two they start to feel uncomfortable. Not a huge issue for me, but could be for others.

All told, these are a pretty solid pair of earbuds for the price. They don't even compare to my Beyerdynamics, but I didn't expect them to. These are not an audiophile sound system, they are a decent pair of buds that do what they were designed to do and not much else. If you want to pick up a good pair of heavy bass/loud music oriented earbuds for a fair price I would definitely recommend checking these out!
14 helpful votes
15 helpful votes
on June 2, 2015
Two months after I bought them, and the wires in them are already breaking. Only one of the earbuds gets clear sound now. The other is unreliable at best. I try to nudge the wires or spin the input plug, and it MAYBE returns normal sound...for half a second. I've seen this before, but never on something I bought so recently.

My previous pair of headphones - which I bought at a brick and mortar - lasted over five years before they got to this point. Five years wrapped around my mp3 player, following along while I walk or jog or whatever everywhere. These Razer Hammerheads weren't the cheapest set of buds that I bought, but I figured the investment would be worth it. I was very, very wrong there. You can't trust the durability of this item, and the basic 30 day warranty is a BAD IDEA when buying these. Now I have to buy another set. Of a different brand, obviously. These were not worth $50, by any stretch. The sound was decent, but no better than my old ones, which didn't cost that much. If you're on the fence about these versus another, consider ANY other.

Get something with stronger, thicker wires. I don't know how you can check for that online, but when they arrive, be immediately suspicious of anything with a soft, light, weak wire, like this one.
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 30, 2014
I just recieved these but after listening to music and doing a little bit of gaming (after setting up the surround sound for them) they are awesome. I absolutely love them.

Lot's of bass but if you are using them on a pc you can install the software and turn it down. For gaming these are great. If these last a year or more i'll be ecstatic and will buy another pair after.

The aluminum casing feels great and they come with 8 different rubber ear tips to put on them so they will definitely fit your ears.
review image
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on November 15, 2014
The product was defective (made a slight beeping noise in one ear). Razer had me test the unit on several devices, which I did, and the headphones were defective. The asked for my:
Name, Address, Model Number, Serial Number, Product Number, Place of Purchase, Date of Purchase, and a copy of the receipt.
I supplied them with all the required information and they gave me an RMA number, A week after they received the defective unit I had still not heard from them. I emailed them with the RMA number, they had the case number in the reply email, but they could not tell me the status of my replacement unit. They requested the tracking number and name of the carrier and said they could not determine if my unit was in their warehouse. They could not tell me if or when they would be shipping my replacement unit. This is unacceptable for a $45 pair of headphones. The product may be good for the price but the customer service is poor.
on June 21, 2014
My son researched and decided upon these earphones and he loves them. I know they must work well because he can't hear me talking to him when listening to music.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 7, 2014
I prefer in-ear over over-ear headphones because I don't like messing up my hair and they tend to hurt my ears. This one comes with many sizes and fits in my ears perfectly. I'm a basshead so these are awesome for my needs. The bass is amazing, but the quality is sometimes a bit crappy and tends to sound muddy. The boxing and feel is superb though, they feel really high quality. Got these for gaming via CS:GO/Dota 2 but heard the pro version's mic was awful so elected to grab a zalman clip on instead.

I'd definitely recommend these.
on July 26, 2014
I have always told myself,to never give in to the hype of "gaming" headphones,they are just like every other ear buds/ headset,right?
Well....for the most parts yes,by that I mean size and construction XD everything else!? Blew me away...... the little earbuds destroyed how I normally feel and share about gaming products.
"Just buy cheap headphones they work just as good" that's what I used to say!
These "earbuds" is just like a full headset.
I'm not a professional ,but I definitely approve.
on September 19, 2014
These little monsters are awesome. And so far the most durable pair of headphones I've come across. Not to mention they look awesome and the intricate ingravings on the sides saying "By gamers • for gamers" are just awesome. And for their size they have an incredible bass. When at a higher volume they make my entire head feel like it's vibrating. Does an fantastic job of blocking all outside noise as well. Unless it's out of your price range there is no reason you shouldn't buy these beasts.
on February 27, 2014
I'd say before writing this review here's a brief background,

Before i had ur typical standard ear buds that u may use for ur iPhone or iPad.

So i knew i wanted something longer,tangle free, and seriously easy to use assuming there was customization options,

Well i also didn't want to spend a fortune on it like i would if i bought beats audio ear buds, but i didn't want super cheap either cause then they'd be to fragile and break like a pair off 99 cent s***ty ear buds,

So i did some research ordered this pair and was effectivally blown away

Look i'm not much of a razor fanboy, but i've never really been disappointed with razer products either however i wasn't expecting what i plugged into my ear either

I'll basically get down to it,
solid construction
great price
and awesome accessories
including a hard case u could slip in ur pocket

Anyway Hope this helps you,

Thanks For Reading
on February 15, 2014
Before these earphones the ones I owned where the apple earpods and this was a huge upgrade. I'm usually pretty picky with the earphones that are more than like $40 but these earphones if they were listed for more money than I still would have bought them.
these earphones are amazing.

Pros-
1.very noise canceling
2.very comfortable
3.sound quality is amazing
4.bass is fantastic
5.they look great

Cons-
1.I personally wish that I would have bought the ones with the control panel but I still love these ones (if you are debating whether you want these ones or the ones with the control panel I would get the other ones)
2.This is more of a personal problem for me and you probably wouldn't have the same problem. The wire is made of rubber so it has a little bit more friction than other earphones. this only means that sometimes when I'm laying down and I turn over sometimes the earphones get yanked out of my ears