Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on October 20, 2013
I bought this mouse looking for something that would be comfortable with my large hands, and my semi-claw grip style. I have to say I wasn't disappointed. The adjustable length and backplane do take some fine tuning for your particular style of grip, as do the interchangeable finger rests/grips, but it's worth the effort. I opted for a rest for my thumb, and a grip for my pinkie/ring finger. The tracking on this mouse is superb, the wireless works well from good distances, although there is a bit of lag when switching between wired and wireless on my system. It runs well in both OSX and Win7 on my 2006 Mac Pro. I've heard some complaints about this mouse feeling flimsy. I would say it feels like exactly what it is: a mouse with moving parts. It's not flimsy unless you plan to use it to beat someone with it, or plan on throwing it at walls. The battery life is fairly good, I'll get a couple days before I have to recharge it. I generally leave it plugged in myself, simply because I don't need the wireless very often. The clutch triggers are a novel idea, but I don't use them. I keep the locks on the bottom engaged, mostly because I don't like the feel of the grips moving. They'd be good for certain gaming style I'm sure, I just have no use for them. The ability to shift tracking speeds on the fly is great, very useful for different aspects of games. Overall, this mouse is solid, well performing, and comfortable in a way I've never managed in a mouse before.
on June 12, 2013
I can't remember all the mice I've owned. There was that German mouse, with the harness and lights. Fan or Fun something. With Razer I started with a copperhead, then a Lachesis, then two Mambas, which were great. Now, this mouse is a dream.

I don't know where to start. I'm most impressed with the possible configuration variations. Make it longer, or shorter. Use a finger rest attachment, or a tactile one, or none at all. Software is easy to download and setup. The Synapsis also configured my Keyboard, an Ultimate Blackwidow. I never thought I would replace my Mamba, the greatest gaming mouse on the planet, but this ouroboros is the a work of art. If you can afford it, get it. That's all I have to say.
on June 4, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm not gonna write a really detailed review or anything, but I want to point out that all of the issues I've heard about this mouse haven't happened to me. I've tried to replicate many of them and haven't been able to. Maybe the synapse issues have been fixed by now or the issues are based on other computer specs. All I can say is this mouse definitely delivers, the plastic doesn't feel cheap, the buttons are perfectly placed for my hands after customization, and It's got a niiiiiiiiiiice glide. Would recommend, but based on the price, most people wouldn't buy it.
on November 26, 2013
I love the feel of this mouse and I really like the ability to modify it to fit your hand. I'm not to thrilled by the battery life; however. I sometimes forget to put it in the charger and it's dead the next time I go to use it. Not a huge concern though because you can easily unplug the base and plug it into the mouse until it's charged up.
on September 1, 2013
This mouse is amazing wireless and wired it works great its an expensive mouse so if your just an average player idk if I would recommend it for you since a lot of the functions you wont use. However if you are a hardcore gamer or gamming is a big part of your life I would deff recommend this for u.
on March 10, 2014
I bought this mouse a few months ago and have been using it every day since. The build quality is very, very good. The mouse looks somewhat like the Rat series, and is adjustable through a fair bit of range to make it as comfortable as possible. The button functions all work very well and it's a pretty accurate gaming device. Where this mouse falls down a bit is the battery vs tether and in the Razer Synapse 2.0 software. The device description says it's "hot swapable" between tethered use and battery only. That might be true, but every time I've tried to do it, it crashes and I have to reboot my system to get mouse control back. When I do get mouse control back, the X/Y axes are messed up, so I have to spend time messing with it to get it to behave again. Then, shortly thereafter, the battery will die requiring me to re-tether, which crashes the mouse and I have to start the whole process over again. I've had Logitech gaming mice with a single AA battery that last six months, but this mouse can't seem to go more than 4 hours without dying. In the Razer software dashboard, you can configure the mouse in un-tethered mode to dim or turn off the LEDs that make it look so nice, and to ratchet down the number of times it pings, all in an effort to gain better battery life, but none of that really seems to make any difference. So, in the end, I have to use this mouse in tethered mode all of the time, which is really annoying. I wish I'd maybe tried a RAT gaming mouse or something else, because this one's glitchy and doesn't perform as advertised - all of this for a premium pricetag. Maybe the extra money paid for the packaging, which was definitely top of the line, first rate stuff. If you like a tethered mouse for gaming, this one is very good. If you'd like an un-tethered mouse, this one will really frustrate you and make you want to put it in a drawer and forget about it...except for the guilt of having paid that much money only to unplug the darned thing.
on June 2, 2014
First, I had an issue with the mouse working properly in wireless mode. This is the reason for the 3 stars. The device works fine when plugged in but if you're looking for a wireless mouse I'd recommend something else as I believe it's a software issue considering I can fix it and make it work properly but it's really inconvenient to do every time your computer goes into sleep mode or it gets unplugged. Razer Support just told me it's defective and should be returned so I doubt this issue will be fixed anytime soon. I have done some research of my own and I am not the only one suffering from this issue so if you want a customizable wired mouse go for it just don't expect it to work without some inconvenience in wireless mode.

Also worth noting that this is the first mouse that has caused me any wrist problems. I use a claw grip and don't use a wrist pad and this thing caused me some real problems after about 2-3 hours of gameplay enough so that I had to stop.
on May 1, 2014
Had to RMA the first one to Razer, as well as the texture of the mouse wears off quickly the DPI shifts being dependant on the synapse software can be jumpy at times it has good theoretical functionality but it kinda let me down, especially for $160
on July 25, 2013
The mouse is great works well. I like the wireless function can lag on initial waking of device besides that is fine. Also the adjustment knob to arc the back of the mouse is very sensitive. I broke on accident by adjusting it to roughly I guess. I wish the mouse had a more rubbery feel to it. It's a good mouse but for 120 I can't really say its worth it.
on April 1, 2013
I really like this mouse!

Pros:
First, this thing looks awesome. The mouse looks very cool. The matte black and green LEDs make the mouse look awesome. As for the box, Razer's marketing team must spend a fortune on the packaging. You almost don't want to take it out of the box - it looks like a trophy. Aesthetics are very much opinion-based so your mileage may vary.

Now, I have pretty big hands, and being able to extend the back of the mouse out further has made this the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. I also like the use of a rechargeable AA battery instead of some proprietary lithium ion pack. The AA doesn't add a lot of weight, and if it craps out on me, I can easily replace it. The mouse has a good weight to it (heavy but not over-the-top) and a pretty solid feel.. With a max DPI of 8200, this thing is zippy. I haven't had any issue with tracking or responsiveness. The wings on the side are nice for resting the thumb or pinky without increasing drag during activities that require lots of accuracy (using Adobe Illustrator or gaming, for example). The matte finish is not like other Razer mice; it is not rubberized. Instead, the plastic is almost 'gritty' (not annoyingly so, however; just enough to help you grip). I like this a lot, as the rubber on other Razer mice trapped the heat from my hand and actually caused my hand to sweat a bit more than usual while gaming. Despite the fact that I don't really see myself mixing up the shape of the mouse much after I got it set the way I like, I do like the 'one mouse fits all' thing that the Ouroboros has going for it.

Cons:
While the back is extended and raised, the plastic has a slight flex to it - not significant, but it makes the mouse feel cheap. The side panels can be pressed in for a 'trigger' button (which, by default, lowers the mouse DPI for things that need a high degree of precision - like pixel editing or lining up a head shot), but in practice I felt like I needed to squeeze too tightly in order to use the feature all that much. While the dock has a smaller footprint than the Razer Mamba's dock (which is nice), it does make seating the Ouroboros for a charge difficult. There are times when I wish this thing had a micro-USB receiver for travelling, as the dock is a bit of a nuisance when on the road with a laptop. The price seems a bit high, especially compared to similar 'modular' mice. Also, while it may look like the tumbler from Batman, I cannot actually drive this thing around town.

Bottom Line (TL;DR):
I really like this mouse. It's responsive and it can be configured to be comfortable to any hand. With exception to the ever-so-slight flex in the back panel, the build quality feels top-notch. If only it were a little cheaper, I'd get one for my desktop and keep this one in my laptop bag.