Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Razor A Kick Scooter (Pink)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Color: Pink|Change

on October 10, 2003
My son started kindergarten this year, half a mile away from our home. He didn't enjoy walking the distance, but the scooter solved the problem. He just LOVES scooting around the streets, and mastered the technique within a week.Now getting home is fun. The scooter moves and works great. All of the kids in NYC have them - I've even heard of a kid who mastered the skill at age 2. I was really confused when I was shopping for a scooter...I wasn't sure from reading the ads, whether this scooter was actually appropriate for a 4 year old. It's been fine. I highly recommend this scooter for kids who want to get around quickly.
44 comments| 370 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2004
I bought this scooter for my daughter (7 yr old) and my husband was on it so much I had to buy another one. They take them everywhere. It is great for camping to get around the campgounds. It breaks down easily to store under car seats. I really recommend this scooter.
11 comment| 245 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2006
I first bought a Razor scooter when they were at peak-popularity (in about 2001, in upstate NY; when I was in third grade...). That's what every kid wanted in 2000: a Razor scooter, Poke'mon Cards, a Poo-Chi(which I wouldn't recomend, the moisy little thing!) and a GameBoy Color!

So, when Bradley's was going out of buisness in January 2001, I took all my Christmas money to the clearence sale. My dad said he'd buy me and my little sister one thing, but we had to buy the rest. Guess what he bought? The $79 scooter! (I remember the price vividly......

It was red and shiny, ready for the road.....well the sidewalk anyway. The snow kinda intefered with the whole scooter thing, so I took to riding around kitchen and dining room in a loop. My new Big Mouth Billy Bass sitting on sensor mode so every time I roded by it sang. My Dad loved that! LOL

Soon after my sister wanted one. She was about six when she got her's the next year. It was blue and had a carry strap. I was so jealous! Mine didn't have a strap!

When my cousin was seven, he was borrowing ours all the time. So, for his eighth birthday he opened a clear and black scooter, then gave my sister such a big hug that he knocked her over!

My scooter is five years old now. It's still in one piece. The brakes still work, the handle cusions are still there, but are no longer as soft as the day I bought it. The folding hinges could use some WD40, but still work. And all after almost daily riding, for five summer's.

I have encountered the problems of those with bad reviews. For the loose pole, all you need is screwdriver. For the crooked wheel, just put the wheel against something hard, or both of your feet (where shoes). This is a quick fix. To get it to stay just tighten the top hexagon bold with an Alan Wrench. Works everytime for me, my sister, and my cousin.

My sister's is in better shape than mine, but my cousin's isn't. He kinda left it outside all winter..........need I go any farther? It still works and rides well, but the handle padding is gone. Oh well....he doesn't care, as long as it works.

Today we buy a fourth scooter for my cousin Kiaya. I hoping it's purple. My favorite color, but hey-I already got one! (When I got mine thay didn't make a purple one :- (

Long Live the Razor Scooter!

AW
33 comments| 215 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2003
This is a great scooter. My children love it. It is easily folded, and it has a built in brake to slow it down. It looks very sleek with its silver paint and clear wheels. It is not big and bulky but very svelte.
I recommend this scooter wholeheartedly, your kids and even you will love it.
0Comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2003
I am 25 years old, and everytime I go to my mother's house I have to ride my little brother's scooter, it is so fun! And durable! Everyone from my father, brothers, sisters, even my mom love to hop on and glide down the street! Now I have one of my own. Get one for a great gift, even if it's for yourself!
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2012
My brother and I bought 2 different scooters (and we are twin 8-year-old boys).

My brother bought a Razor scooter. And I bought a Magna scooter. And it seems like his is going faster than mine.

Here are the good things about my brother's scooter:
1) it has soft handles
2) when you ride it it goes smoother and doesn't make a noise
3) it can ride longer distance if you push on the ground once

Here are the bad things about my brother's scooter:
1) when you're going really fast and you try to turn, it will slide

Here are the bad things about my scooter (the Magna)
1) mine has hard handles
2) it does not go smooth and it makes a lot of noise when you ride it
3) if you push it once, it won't go nearly as fast as my brother's scooter

Here are the good things about my scooter
1) my scooter slows down much faster than my brother's

So I am saving up to buy a red Razor scooter.

Thank you for reading my review. My mom typed it for me.
on May 10, 2015
My kids love this scooter
review image
on October 23, 2004
In my opinion, I love the razor scooter. It is built really well, durable, and it can take a pretty big beating. It fits into lockers, fits under a bed, pretty much goes everywhere and it folds really small. Caution needs to be taken when riding on sidewalks or places with cracks, but you learn to avoid these when you ride enough.

On a side note, it's somewhat depressing that everyone feels obligated to buy a motorized scooter now that they are availible. Sure, electric is really fun and awesome to have, but these scooters are still awesome. I have had a razor scooter for two years, and I have a great time with it. Just because there are electric models out there does not mean that the old models are casted aside. Still an awesome buy, and now with the price about 1/3 the original, it is a wonderful item to have. I recommend it.
on January 15, 2007
This is my secret: I bought this scooter for my son when he was 5. He didn't know how to ride a bike, but he quickly learned how to balance on the scooter. I figured that if he could balance on a scooter, we could transfer that knowledge to his bike so we took the training wheels off his bike. What a great transition! He learned how to ride his bike by learning to balance on his scooter!

We now have another son who's 3. He's now able to balance on his scooter and we'll be taking off his training wheels soon!

All three of my kids love their scooters. It's nice that the scooters come in different colors for them. It's nice for me b/c I know who gets in trouble for leaving theirs outside. ;)
on November 24, 2005
I think a scooter can be recommened for all ages between 3 to adulthood. A scooter is safe unlike a bike because most parents want to get their child a bigger bike for future use but the problem is most kids get a much bigger bike than they want. They might fall off the bike or for instance if they are riding a bike and a child is in front of them and they can't stop. A scooter can be changed and when you need to stop you can just put your feet down and stop. That's why I,Lily, think a scooter is safe. Thank you!!!:)