2-Year Bike/Scooter Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
Razor A5 Lux Scooter
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- New anodized finish with kick stand
- Super-strong aircraft-grade aluminum t-tube and deck
- Built for taller riders with extra large 200mm urethane wheels
- Features the patented rear fender brake, adjustable handlebars.Easy to fold and carry with its patented folding system
- No assembly required. Assembled Product Dimensions: 35" L x 21" W x 41" H
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
From day one, Razor has focused on providing the very best riding experience, combining cutting-edge technology, high-quality materials and innovation to deliver products designed to suit riders’ evolving lifestyles.
Founded in 2000, Razor quickly became an icon of American culture with the introduction of the now legendary A model kick scooter. The must-have item of the year, the A model continues to be an essential ride for anyone on the go.
Today, Razor offers a full line of products that inspire and excite riders around the globe. Influenced by our Southern California home, and rooted in popular action sports – from motocross and BMX, to snowboarding, skateboarding and surfing – Razor’s products embody the spirit of freedom and fun.
Ride More, Push Less
The popular kick scooter in a deluxe size. With its extra-large urethane wheels, the A5 Lux is the smoothest ride around. Easy to fold and ready to go, the A5 has a super strong aluminum t-tube and deck to comfortably support riders up to 220 pounds.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum t-tube and deck comfortably supports riders up to 220 lbs
- Patented Rear Fender Brake (U.S. Patent No. 6,139,035)
- Patented Folding System
- Extra-large urethane wheels equipped
- Adjustable handlebars
- Foam Grips
- Easy to fold and carry
- Built for larger riders
- Assembled Product Dimensions: 35 x 21 x 41 inches
- No assembly required
Extra-large Urethane Wheels and Rear Fender Brake
With its extra-large urethane wheels and a cool profile, it’s the the smoothest ride around!
Patented Folding Mechanism
Easy to fold up for convenient storage for riders to carry on the go!
Handlebars adjust for the prefect fit.
Retractable kickstand only available on the blue model.
Are you a parent looking to cruise around with your child but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars for something you don’t need?? What you do need is this Razor A5 Lux!! It is exactly like the A Model but BIGGER. The bars come taller and wider and the wheels come bigger and smoother. You’ll be having just as fun as your child! This scooter isn’t only for parents either. If you’re an older kid who is just wanting to get around town, this scooter is excellent for the job.
Style: Frustration Free Packaging | Color: Blue | Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-3 of 2,837 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE 03/22/16 MODIFICATIONS LIST+ADDED PICTURE
In order of importance
-Adjusted the bottom screw where the deck meets the handlebars to my liking. This along with a piece of Velcro tape on the other side of the screw where deck meets handlebars to minimizes noise+vibration tremendously. I like it JUST when the locking takes a bit of force to lock into place.
-hair tie tied against the folding pin, screwed down to the kickstand to minimize vibrations.
-Reds ceramic bearings. China one, not swiss. There is no difference. (Ebay because I found it for $35)
-"AOR power" headlight tail light set. (Amazon)
-local skateshop grip tape. (No more razor symbols, thank god!)
-"Gulaki" (Amazon) bike mount
-"Mirrycle incredible brass bell" (Amazon)
UPDATE 03/21/16 AIR TIRE vs ORIGINAL UPDATE
Replacing the polyurethane wheels with air tires isn't for everyone. If you want to, Google and order the "Micro Scooter 200mm pneumatic" wheel.
It is harder to push efficiently and you glide for a lot less. I've tried side by side (my gf chose to keep the original PU wheels) with the standard wheels. You do get amazing shock absorption qualities for a smooth ride, though. You can also safely mount a phone mount (on a scooter! what!)
Bought two for traveling around Denver with my gf! (going there end of April, will update sometime in May when we return!)
We have been riding it around town until the trip comes around.
Just really quickly why I chose scooters, and why I chose THIS one:
-Don't want to be dependent on cabs and waste extra $$$ (can't bring our cars across the country!)
-Portable: you can ride to the train station, or bus station and just fold it up in 2 seconds and take it with you.
-Extremely efficient for distances under 1-2 miles. Can go longer and we have. (8 miles)
-Costs about a third of the Xootr, with the same functionality. Some little tweaks can make this scooter into a $300 xootr.
Tweaks I made:
1. Change the bearings. I know a lot of people say that bearing don't matter. Roll times don't matter. But I can first hand say that I bought "reds ceramic bearings" the made in China one with the cream colored package (The "Swiss precision" ceramic is simply overpriced for no reason). It rides beautifully.
PROTIP: it's easy to do yourself. Youtube it. Just make sure you don't over-tighten the wheel back on as it slows the wheel spin. And don't keep it too loose, as it rattles.
2. Fold your scooter. Look by (under?) the front wheel, there is a screw by the bottom, towards the front. When the scooter is unfolded, that screw grinds against the standing platform and makes a rattling noise. Dampen this by taking the fluffy side of velcro and taping it right where that screw touches the bottom of the standing platform. That will dampen the noise and help with vibration.
3. I also bought lights for it. Look up "AOR Power® #AR130 LED Bike Headlight and Taillight Set". It's an amazing deal as they come with a white light for the front and a red for the back. I'm attaching the red to my backpack when scooting.
4. I ordered 200mm AIR filled Micro Kickboard tires. Word is, they fit the Razor A5 lux's front without modifications, but the back with an extra washer. Good thing I want to put only one in the front of each of the scooters for shock absorption and smooth ride. With the benefit of a harder tire in the back for speed. Having all air tires is a drag. Literally. It takes more effort to push. Will update when tested.
I take a lot of time writing these reviews, so I hope you found this helpful! (If you did, there's a button to let me know!!! ;])
So I got myself one. This one has 20cm wheel, one click folding system, is in silver chrome color as opposed to those blue or pink or graphics, and cheaper than all the others. There's nothing fancy about this scooter. No suspension, no air wheel.. But that's about it I don't think I want to pay $200, $300 for suspension.
The first scooter I received had a dent on the deck and the handle was not aligned. Returned. The second scooter I ordered has never arrived. Finally, the third scooter was the one to keep. Razor might need to improve their product quality and shipping process.
As soon as I decided to keep this, I removed the "razor" sticker from the handle rod and the grip tape from the deck. I put my own little stickers on the rod and the black paradox grip tape all over the deck except for the small area around the joint. It looks very nice now and has great grip.
It takes less than 5 mins now. Had not been for those crosswalks, I could have been three mins. 70% gain in time with $80 investment. I am very satisfied.
I also bought a used electric scooter E300 from Razor but found this manual kick scooter is more useful when it comes to a short commute. eScooter is too heavy to casualy load/unload to and from the car trunk. For my 10 min walk, it would add good 2-3 mins just to load/unload and wait for the elevators up and own the parking structure, albeit the actuall ride time will be reduced by a minute or so from the current 3 mins using the manual one.
Overall, a great buy for my purpose. and It is very very fun zipping around the streets.