- Product Dimensions: 8 x 43.5 x 17 inches ; 30.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 30.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00NLN3QFE
- Average Customer Review: 1,890 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,463 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
2-Year Bike/Scooter Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
Razor E100 Electric Scooter
|Price:||$149.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Get on the move in style and fulfill your need for speed with the Razor E100 Electric Scooter
- Powerful fun at speeds of up to 10 mph
- Short charge time and long battery life
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Twist grip throttle acceleration control
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Razor E100 Electric Scooter provides powerful fun at speeds up to 10 MPH
High torque chain driven motor with twist grip acceleration control allow rider to maintain speed with hand operated brake for speed control, 8 inch pneumatic front tire with 125mm urethane rear wheel for smooth ride, rechargeable 24 volt battery included.
For ages 8+.
Always read all included instructions and manuals completely before riding the Razor E100 Electric Scooter.
Always check and obey all local laws or regulations, including but not limited to those laws and regulations related to mandatory helmet use and to restrictions on where the Razor E100 Electric Scooter may be ridden.
The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is not returnable to Brookstone. All returns must be to Razor directly.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1,890 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-2 of 1,890 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
At first, my wife and I questioned my judgment in buying it for him. The first time he got on it, he lost control of it had a bad-looking crash. He hopped up unharmed though, so we gave him some time to learn. Every day since then, I have found him being diligent to charge it and eager to ride it.
So, here's my list of pros and cons.
1. The battery lasts a good hour of uphill/downhill riding.
2. The large, pneumatic tire up front makes quick work of bumps and rocks.
3. The wide standing surface allows for his feet to be together, side-by-side, if he wants.
4. The scooter is sturdy and solid.
5. The handlebars and shaft can be separated from the body for transport.
6. It's quick enough for fun, but not so fast as to be dangerous.
7. It ships in two pieces: Handlbars/shaft assembly and the main body. Attaching the two pieces is all the assembling that's necessary.
1. The brake is insufficient. It will eventually stop the scooter, but don't let your kid(s) rely on it. Teach them to steer out of situations and release the throttle. It will not stop my 9-year-old (65 lbs) son when he's rolling down our slightly sloped driveway. Of course, the effectiveness of the brake is directly proportional to the strength of the rider's grip, but the gripping power of kids in this age group is probably less than what this scooter-brake combo needs.
2. The rear wheel is like one on a regular Razor scooter - solid and slick. This works well on most dry surfaces, but be careful because it can and will slide in more situations than a grooved, rubber tire would.
3. The drive chain attaches on right side of the back wheel, and it has a cover over it. That sounds like it should be a good thing, but the cover is actually so large that it prevents most right turns. If you turn more than just a little to the right, the cover will make contact with the road, and the back wheel will lose contact with the road.
1. There is an on/off switch on the battery.
2. The motor engages after the scooter reaches 3 mph.
3. The manual recommends charging the scooter for 12-18 hrs.
4. The scooter is heavy enough to render it useless without the motor. Don't expect that your kid will continue to use it as a push scooter when the battery dies.
5. The scooter did NOT ship in plain packaging. It shipped in just the scooter box. It was for my son's birthday, and the surprise was nearly spoiled when delivery came.
This scooter is a good buy for the money, and so long as you are aware of the issues that come with it, it will make for a fun toy. My son still tells me that this scooter is the best present he has ever received! If you have the money to get the 200 or 300, I would recommend doing so as long as you're comfortable with the increased speed/power.
I researched and compared the E100 scooter with the higher-end models (E200 and E300) and finally decided on the E100 due to its much lower price (I got it when it dropped down to ninety bucks, but it's still an excellent deal @ one hundred dollars.) and the fact that my daughter just turned 8 and I was worried the other models might be too powerful for her.
The main differences between the models are:
+ Top Speed: E100 - 10 mph; E200 - 12 mph; E300 - 15 mph
+ Maximum Rider Weight: E100 - 120 lbs; E200 - 154 lbs; E300 - 220 lbs (The construction of the E100 is very sturdy and will support more weight, but the less powerful motor will not propel you very fast.)
+ Start Mechanism: E100 - Requires push start before motor engages; E200 and E300 will engage motor from a stand-still
+ Recommended Age: E100 - 8 and up; E200 and E300 - 13 and up
+ Tires: E100 - 8" inflatable tire on front, 4.9" polyurethane rear wheel; E200 - 8" inflatable tires; E300 - 10" extra wide inflatable tires
After comparing all the specs and prices, I decided the E100 would fit our needs perfectly. My daughter was able to master riding it immediately, and she has not had any accidents or injuries while enjoying her new ride. The scooter does need an initial push to get going, but usually one good push will do the trick, so I don't really see it as an inconvenience.
After seeing how much fun my daughter has on her scooter, a friend was considering purchasing one for her young sons (4 and 5), but an attempt at a test drive proved the scooter may be too powerful for riders that young. This is mostly due to the single small complaint I have about the design: the twist grip accelerator has only one speed, so the initial start can give a bit of a jolt. Nothing too serious, but a variable speed motor would have made for a slightly smoother ride.
In our experience, you can get up to an hour of run time from a single charge, and a depleted battery pack can be fully recharged within 8 hours.
We performed a speed test using an Android app called My Tracks on my GPS-enabled Droid X smartphone, and with her riding it on level ground (she weighs approximately 65 lbs) the scooter reached a max speed of 10.82 mph. The same test with me riding the scooter (I weigh approximately 135 lbs) saw a max speed of 8.63 mph. It was still fun for me to ride.
Overall I am very satisfied with the quality and value of the Razor E100 Electric Scooter, and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking an electric scooter for their favorite 8-12 year old. :)