Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Re:(disc)overed
Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 11, 2011
The first time I saw POM I thought it was just angry music with less than adequate vocals. After listening to and seeing them perform these covers live I was a bit more impressed. It takes a lot of courage (and talent) to cover Neil Young and Tom Petty/Stevie Nicks on the same album. Listen to "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" and pay attention to the layering of voices and everything that's going on musically in the background. Sure his voice doesn't fit every song (called covers for a reason) but the group's music does and today's digital mastering allows us to hear what we probably couldn't when these songs were first released. The only really weak offering here I think is the group's take on Elton John's "Rocket Man". The vocals just aren't smooth enough for that song. I find myself listening to the songs often. You will too.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on February 4, 2012
While I understand that people who loved these songs to begin with, might be a little disappointed by POM's interpretations of them, they gotta realize they ARE interpretations. I don't think they wanted anyone to think this was the original artist doing these songs, but they did well to hold the original tempo & phrasing. On the other hand, I don't know how even the die-hard Muddhead could give this album 5 stars. They're all great songs, but the picks & sequencing seem a bit uneven.
All things considered, it was a project that was well executed and entertaining to boot!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on November 28, 2011
I really like this album. I originally looked into purchasing the mp3 single for the Puddle of Mud version of Gimme Shelter which I had heard on the radio, but when I saw the song list including Tom Petty's Stop Draggin' my Heart Around I decided to get the CD. Glad I did. Puddle of Mud does a nice job of rocking up these songs without changing them too much from the original. Not all these songs are from the 80s, but I remember all of them being played back then (class of '83). If you enjoy the original versions of these songs, but also like to listen to "hard rock" stations you will find yourself singing along and will probably like this album. Only song that doesn't really quite fit is Rocket Man - a fine song, but not really rocking enough.
on April 21, 2014
Love this band and they did a fantastic job on covering some oldies and putting their twist on each song.
on November 15, 2017
Good cover songs
on May 5, 2013
I had heard Gimme Shelter on the radio and I thought Puddle of Mudd did a good job with that one, but I was really surprised by how well they did other songs on this CD.
on March 17, 2017
Good stuff
on January 29, 2014
This isn't my favorite cd of Puddle of Mudd, but it's pretty awesome. If you are a rock fan, you might find that you already like or know a lot of these songs. They are all cover songs from other bands. However, Puddle of Mudd rock all of them and I find myself listening to this cd a lot.
on November 14, 2016
good cd
on May 14, 2016
Product as advertised and fast shipping. Thanks