Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on April 19, 2010
This is a "must-read" for any ministry leader/pastor that has "church hurt." Mansfield does not shake his "holier-than-thou" finger at you, he indeed walks as a mentor/life-coach. His approach was very refreshing and lacking in my sphere of influences. I enjoyed his candidness from the very first pages which kept me reading. As I reached the end of chapter 3 - I had what I came for...thank you for brother for your transparency and now onto my destiny in God. Many months ago I pasted a note on my computer stand - God gives us hurdles so we will learn how to jump - and as I concluded chapter 3 I realized I had been running towards those hurdles but could not jump over them and I had no clue as to why. Then it was clear - offense, bitterness and unforgiveness were the weights that were keeping me from making it over the hurdles - God allowed those hurdles to be there and it was my job to drop the weights and JUMP over them - there would be no other way but over - the odd thing was I had jumped those hurdles several times before and yet I didn't recognize them until the end of chapter 3. And God orchestrated things that the very day I ended chapter 3 I was face-to-face with those who I felt hurt me - it was a short lesson and the test followed immediately - and I was genuinely free of offense, bitterness and unforgiveness - there was a newness of the relationships and no need for any apologies - there really was nothing to apologize for. Again, this is a must-read and it gets 5 stars!

Also points from Lessons from a season in hell were awesome and are moving me back into the ministry to God's people - 1) anyone who seeks to make a difference suffers on the way - Who was I to think I might be any different...that was a bombshell that shook me deep inside - I never sought to be heroic, just wanted to be a co-laborer with Christ and produce disciples - to make a difference like others had made in my life - didn't realize people wouldn't always appreciate it. the second - the tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives - this was just too unbeareable for me to stay where I was and not get back to the high calling on my life. Lastly, "That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse..." That's the power of this book - it refocused me on the things God wants from me - His return on His investment - I'm renewed, refreshed and reignited to contribute a verse...
on February 9, 2014
This book I received two copies. I plan to give the second book to my Pastor. Our Church grew and it had to move. The The Singles youth Pastor and Elders of my church moved on to other churches. Pastors could not agree and split up and in fact were brother in laws. I was only a Sunday School volunteer and now want to ReChurch because the children have gone away and grew up. I would recommend this book to anyone who is planning to move and relocate or simply experience being left behind by a church relocating, separating or Pastors ReChurching. The goodnews we have a choice as members to heal our church hurt from mismanagement of the church. We can ReChurch and this book will not only heal and comfort your hurt. It will show you how to do it without delaying the healing process and making a great decision to press on or carry on your journey. In as much as Christianity is a team effort. When the church hurts you and separates you from your journey towards your relationship with God ReChurch. I can't wait to finally come home. I am still working n this process through volunteering so
I can finally close the left behind issue of my church relocation. Jesus is calling and he may call you to belong to a church family that will make your journey towards healing feasible and attainable because you feel better about belonging to Jesus not just to an organization or building.
on November 20, 2013
Rechurch tells of the ever widening gap between what is preached on Sunday and what is practiced in today's churches. The book is heartbreaking and sadly true. Further, Mansfield's studies show that our churches tend to let down our young adults the most. Those who are stepping out into the secular world for the first time, What is obvious to most Christians is that young adults, without a moral compass, do no deal with life's problems as well as young adults who rely's on the cross work of Jesus. ReChurch deals with these offended souls and studies ways to help our Churches assist them to approach God again.
George Barna's studies show that, if the present trend lines continue, in fifteen years church attendance in America will be cut in half. The books is easy to read. It is a good read but I recommend you read UnChristian first.
on February 18, 2016
Very practical and helpful book, but I was very disappointed to discover that it is exactly the same book as "Healing Your Church Hurt" which I already owned.
on August 17, 2014
ReChurch is a good book, with good advises for those struggling with bitterness and resentment after a split up, however it is too centralized in the believer's experience and to me it lacks of a better Christocentric approach, meaning that Christ is the Master of the Church, he died for her and he has the rights to expects humbler and more submitted behaviors from his people. I didn't see this on the book.
on February 14, 2014
I chose this book because it was highly recommended. Topic is timely and relevant to our lives today and tomorrow
on October 27, 2013
What a relief to have someone who is gifted to write such a book. It is hard as it brings up the past and helps the healing.
on April 22, 2010
Having read the book, it has great insight into the issues associated with leaving a church (for whatever reason). The insight is helpful for those who face those issues and gives some ideas on how to face those issue in a godly way.
I highly recommend the book.