Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on November 4, 2010
I'm terribly sorry for the pun. Look, I've heard people say, "floss is floss." Until this product emerged from the Reach laboratories, I just may have sided with them. You'll immediately notice how streets ahead the competition this floss really is. Why is it better?

1) It doesn't fray. Ever.
2) It's just thick enough to deep clean your gums without getting stuck between your teeth.

I really wanted to come up with 3), but we're talking about floss, and there's just not that much else to say about it.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2014
Great product. But don't buy it at this rip-off price. Johnson & Johnson has rebranded this floss as "Listerine Ultraclean". If you search Amazon for it you will find it at a normal price. Shame on you Amazon for allowing this thievery on your site. I've already called J&J to voice my opinion of the rebranding, leaving it's loyal customers in the dark.
on July 1, 2013
In the past I've always got the smaller packages of this floss and I really like it.
However when I saw this larger package and the price, it seemed like a good deal so I decided to give it a try.
I have to say that from the moment I tried to use it I have had to fight for every inch of floss I managed to get out of it.
Before I could get anything out of the container I had to open it up and take out the spool and rewind a few feet of it.
It looked like the floss had been put on the spool by hand and not a machine it was all bunched up.
After closing up the container lid again I managed to use it for a day or two but had to open it again and take out the spool to free it up again.
This is happening every few days, it will snag or snap and I will have to open the case again to get some of it out.
Needless to say I won't be buying the larger container again.
on May 31, 2012
Leave it to Johnson & Johnson to create a better dental floss. Who would have thought there was even a "technology" to such a thing. Well, there is. They are using a new space age plastic manufactured by a company that makes the material for blast shielding on military vehicles, but J&J uses it for dental floss because of its remarkable properties. It is elastic and strong, so it rarely breaks, unlike normal old dental floss. It doesn't shred like old floss, and it has these ultra small grooves carved into the floss (you cannot see them with the naked eye) to better remove tartar and food particles from your teeth. I was at first displeased when I could not find J&J's Clean Paste dental floss, but now I understand why. This new technology is a major step forward in floss effectiveness. I have seen some reviews where other people have complained that the elastic nature results in more splatter on their mirrors, but who cares? That means that more stuff is being removed from your teeth! So wipe off your mirror after you are done and be glad you have a cleaner mouth and less for your dentist to do later.
VINE VOICEon July 19, 2012
Ok, so I admit, I care about flossing, maybe a little too much. Yes, I'm one of those who floss 2-3 times a day. I'm a huge fan of Reach Mint Waxed floss, it's been my go to floss for years and years.

Reach Total Care blew my mind and blew my old floss out of the water! It's thin, yet doesn't shred, it's wider than reach waxed and it picks up so much more. I just cannot believe how good it is.

One note, I wish Total Care had more minty after taste. After I waxed with Reach regular, I felt like I also rinsed with mouthwash. Total Care just does not have 'it'. Neither does their purple versionReach Total Care floss with Listerine Fresh Flavors 30-Yard (Pack of 3), I tried.
on April 12, 2017
This is the best if you have teeth that are close together. It is strong enough to swing from the ceiling with.
on September 25, 2012
I've tried many types of floss, including picks. Most of them worked nicely until they would get torn or shredded or caught between my teeth, leading to creative ways to get the stuck bits out but also to flossing avoidance, which pretty much defied the purpose.

This one felt weird at first, like a translucent rubber band that is too flexible and way too thin to actually do anything.

I was skeptic, but it took only one flossing to get me hooked: this floss is thin enough to get into the tightest spots and remove the tiniest bits of food that other flosses never get. It glides more easily even between the tightest teeth, and it enables a very good grip, so you don't have to roll half the length around your fingers to the point of stopping the blood flow. I've also noticed that using it at night significantly reduces morning breath, which is a nice added value, as is the light mint flavor. Above all - no splitting or shredding. Ever! Which is a huge plus.

Highly recommended!
on January 9, 2014
This floss is getting hard to find, which I find puzzling because of all the floss that we have tried over the years, this is our favorite. Total Care floss glides between teeth easily, even teeth that are crowded together. We have had almost no issues with the floss breaking; for that reason alone this is only floss my husband wants to use. The floss does what floss is supposed to do, i.e. dislodge and remove small bits of food that get stuck between your teeth. I currently have invisalign braces and have to floss after every meal, so I'm using this floss at least 3 times daily. Not once has the floss broken off and gotten stuck between my teeth.
on January 6, 2014
A lot of people have posted that this floss works. I have the exact opposite opinion. I'm not sure what requirement they are using to determine it's effectiveness, but mine is simple. I look at the floss to see if there is plaque on it, and with this floss there is not. At first sometimes when I use it I see plaque, but I guess when it gets wet it just slides right past the plaque. The texture is a rubbery stretchy texture that does fit well between tightly spaced teeth, but for me this does not work.
on December 23, 2012
Crazy how much floss can either drive you crazy or make you happy.

Considering you floss for 30 seconds-1minute every day of your life, its worth getting better quality floss. This stuff doesn't break, shred, get caught in your teeth, hurt/cut your fingers, or slide off your fingers even when you fingers are wet.

Its got a slightly elastic nature to it which is great and seems to avoid the floss from breaking/tearing. When wrapping on your fingers it has a quality to it where it adheres to itself so that you don't have to wrap so tightly that you cut bloodflow to your fingers or cut them.

When you buy at this 90 yard size, its basically the same price as the cheap floss. Whats not to like?!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question