- File Size: 1722 KB
- Print Length: 57 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: September 22, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009FKI6KW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #976,382 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Read Russian in Just 90 Minutes Kindle Edition
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book's strong points:
- A quick reference table for sounding out the Russian characters is provided.
- Groupings of Russian characters as compared to English characters gives the learner an instant anchor in understanding the Russian alphabet.
- Word construction is simply explained.
- The exercises for word construction provided to progressively go from the easiest for an English speaker to recognize to more complex.
- The book also has a quick run down of Top Ten Words in Russian, Simple Questions, Common Nouns, and some Dialog as exercises for reading.
I'd like to see a little bit more word exercises included in earlier chapters since they are well organized and explained. The chapter on stressing the written words might benefit from more examples. These are not, however, major problems - after working through this book and using it for reference, you should be able to open any Russian book or go to a Russian website and continue your reading practice with higher proficiency than you had before.
I'd highly recommend this book for students of Russian language on a beginner and early intermediate levels. It will also be useful for more advanced students as a quick reference.
Kind of Book: Self-teaching / Languages
Author: Sergei Belov
Related books on Kindle: 101 Russian Flesh Cards, Learn tomRead Chinese in jus 90 minutes!, Learn to Read Hebrew in 90 Minutes.
This is no grammar or vocabulary teaching book, just a writing familiarzation and transliteration training for the russian (cyrillic) characters. It is indeed very brief. Having known, previously, some basic russian, it took me no more than 30 minutes to cover the whole book. It would indeed not take more then 90 minutes for someone unknowing russian to cover it — but beware: much more studiying and training will be required for basic russian understanding and expression. Also, some of the russian (cyrillic) characters are drawn in too small a size, and zooming didn't help much, as they seem to be drawings rather then written in a cyrillic font.