- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 1 edition (July 11, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0205405657
- ISBN-13: 978-0205405657
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 0.3 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,396,875 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Read & Write It Out Loud! Guided Oral Literacy Strategies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2017 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Fresh, innovative, practical, and classroom-tested best practices for reading aloud are finally here!
Read & Write It Out Loud! Guided Oral Literacy Strategies provides the tools to help students proactively develop stronger literacy skills. This book explicitly demonstrates how to teach children to become effective oral readers by covering all aspects of literacylistening, reciting, reading, and writing. The lively narrative, clear organization, and special features bring reading aloud to life for teachers. Unlike other books, this book articulates the benefits and the processes that teachers need to help their students make important gains in reading, reciting, and writing. The mix of theory and practice in this book provides teachers with the why and how of the best literacy practices.
Take a Glimpse Inside:
- Focuses on developing fluency and comprehension skills by reading aloud expressively and demonstrating how this translates into improvement in silent reading.
- Tackles oral language development and its critical role in literacy programs.
- Contains forms to evaluate a student's oral reading ability.
- Reading Aloud and Writing Connection sections demonstrate how reciting, reading, and writing are linked and how improving one area can improve the others.
- Includes a list of quality read aloud books.
Reviewers Sum It Up
Teachers will buy this book for the literature and strategies.
Michael Moore, Georgia Southern University
An incredible resource for oral reading!! Wonderfully done.
Judith B. O'Laughlin, New Jersey City University
About the Author:
Keith Polette, PhD, is an associate professor of English and the Director of the English Education Program at the University of TexasEl Paso. He is the author of several renowned books, including the Winter Duckling, which won the I.R.A. Children's Choice Award. He has taught English Language Arts in the secondary classroom and conducts professional workshops for teachers throughout the United States.
Browse award-winning titles. See more