Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Clockwork Angels forum

Read my review of the novel

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 19, 2012 9:13:54 AM PDT
Carter Biel says:
Read my review of the novel here: http://wp.me/p1sqwB-Of at http://theloftyoaks.com

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 5:26:48 PM PDT
Dave says:
Post it here - then I'll read it...

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 8:44:27 AM PDT
Having been a Rush fan for many years and listening to Clockwork Angels many times since released I decided to go ahead and read the novel, Clockwork Angles. Coincidentally (or not) I am also reading at the same time The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain and I am finding many parallels between the adventures that Owen Hardy and Tom Sawyer encounter in their respective adventures. The only relatively minor criticism I have from Clockwork Angels is that the editor should've recommended to scale back the use of similes in the novel. The following is an example of a simile which compares a beard to cat fur. .

"When Pangloss saw Owen approach his locomotive with a large grin, his mouth dropped open and his voluminous beard bristled like the fur on a startled cat."

Really?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013 8:20:14 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
What? It didn't provoke you to laugh a vinegar laugh?!

What's the matter with you, arnoldo? I thought you loved everything Anderson squirts out of his pen! No?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Clockwork Angels forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Aug 19, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Clockwork Angels
Clockwork Angels by Kevin J. Anderson (Hardcover - September 1, 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars (311)